Skip to content

November 2015 Promotion - Scepters

So this promotion looks like it's meant to entice bashers. While I'm definitely not a basher, I have so many questions about how the scepters work.

What is the base damage and speed at level 1?
Does the base damage assume a 12 stat, and how does scaling work for the level 9 scepter?
Do the afflicting abilities (lvl 3, 8, 11, and 17) use balance or eq? If so, what are the times?
When using the level 12 fire ability, what % of damage is the scepter reduced by, and how much damage do mobs take with the fire and how often is the fire tick?
Does the periodic damage from fire make mobs aggressive towards you on tick?
For the level 9 ability, is there a reason I wouldn't choose the highest stat? Why can't the ability just automatically choose the highest ability?
At level 15, do I still have to keep attuning to a mob? Why can't it just be automatic too?

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    Holy crap I like
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I'm incredibly bummed out that I bought credits 2 days ago and ended up with giftbags instead of this awesome promotion :(
  • I feel like this promotion is either going to be "meh" performance compared to PvE abilities, especially artifacted PvE abilties, or it's going to be completely overpowered in a "good luck placing in a Great Hunt without one" or "hahaha forget trying to bash when a sceptre-haver is in the area" sense.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Damn, why does this have to come out once I quit?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Shou said:
    Damn, why does this have to come out once I quit?
    Come back :3
  • Risca said:
    What is the base damage and speed at level 1?
    90 @ 3.2s
    Does the base damage assume a 12 stat, and how does scaling work for the level 9 scepter?
    Yes. Same as every other stat-scaling attack.
    Do the afflicting abilities (lvl 3, 8, 11, and 17) use balance or eq? If so, what are the times?
    Same as the main attack (3.2 non-modified, 2.75 since level 6)
    When using the level 12 fire ability, what % of damage is the scepter reduced by, and how much damage do mobs take with the fire and how often is the fire tick?
    15%, 3 ticks at 3 seconds, 9 dam/tick (can crit)
    Does the periodic damage from fire make mobs aggressive towards you on tick?
    Yes.
    For the level 9 ability, is there a reason I wouldn't choose the highest stat? Why can't the ability just automatically choose the highest ability?
    No. It could, but easy enough to swap.
    At level 15, do I still have to keep attuning to a mob? Why can't it just be automatic too?
    You don't need to keep re-attuning at any level, the scepter does so by itself. At level 15, it stays attuned to the type you want.
  • edited November 2015
    That seems to suggest you will be in the what..55-57 DPS range at 20-21 max stat? Not bad if you are cursed with a poor base bashing class, though people with 21 max stat are probably rolling setups where they are already right around or exceed that.

INT/STR and DEX traditionally scale differently..rule of thumb is 5% extra damage per INT/STR  point and DEX offers 2.5% mitigation per point. With DEX as an offensive stat, does this mean for the purposes of the sceptre it scales like INT/STR?
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:INT/STR and DEX traditionally scale differently..rule of thumb is 5% extra damage per INT/STR  point and DEX offers 2.5% mitigation per point. With DEX as an offensive stat, does this mean for the purposes of the sceptre it scales like INT/STR?
    Correct. I'll note that we do have dex-scaling attacks now (trioxin).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Forgot to buy some. Welp.