Skip to content

Machine / Egg Event

edited October 2015 in Role Playing and Events
Can this event progress to the next stage? 

The machine generated some conflict until it was finally bunkered into a city, and there is no motivation for other circles to try and remove it (which includes any alliances or backroom politics). Since this is also described as an RP event, I don't see any RP reason for why I'm fighting over this machine besides not letting another circle have it. Maybe I'm just out of the loop in game if there is one. Otherwise, can an entity, mob or whatever throw us some information to give us a reason to take action? 

Its been over a week with little change and if the admin thinks there are some player driven plans on moving the machine, I honestly am not aware of any.

I hate events where players are basically just sitting around waiting for a mob to speak. If there's going to be so much time to the next stage, can there at least be some mini objectives or goals that we're supposed to do in the meantime so the event has an appearance of progress. 

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    What was the reason for the change that allowed it to be moved into cities in the first place? It kind of killed off all conflict.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I don't really understand why the objective was to bring it to cities in the first place if the goal was conflict. Cities are pretty much where fighting ends (unless you're Septus and you're in Stavenn). They're pretty intentionally impossible to bust into - it would have made much more sense to have a conflict point that was completely outside of that domain.

• IniarIniar Australia
    You know. .. what if... you needed to warm the egg up?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

• Iniar said:
    You know. .. what if... you needed to warm the egg up?
    Clearly you haven't witnessed Khizan and Ultrix taking turns playing mother hen #phasebestskillever
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Kinsarmar spent two whole days, using shifts of people 'roleplaying' attempting to heat it up and help hatch it. The only response we got was to make it easier to move the egg. The next change was to make it impossible to get at once someone got it inside.

There has never been RP involved with this event.
    1. Egg hatched into a giant firewyrm.
    2. Firewyrm barfed bile everywhere and tunneled into the sewers.
    3. Firewyrm began barfing larva onto the floor.
    4. Larva turned into pupae.
    5. Pupae began to flop around on the floor. 
    6. The pupa have teeth
    7. This thing has the weirdest life cycle.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."