Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• The Dexterity/Evasion change resulted in most players losing mitigation. It went from a 25% resistance to a 10% base that scales up with dexterity, to 25% at 16 dex. Since most players aren't Intelligent, most players will stand to lose resistance if Intelligence and Philosophy scale the same way.

That aside, your suggested change doesn't actually fix much of anything, even if you start at a base of 25% and scale it up based on intelligence, because a scaling resistance to psychic damage isn't going to make up for the fact that they've got 300 health as intelligent.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'm not saying exactly like the relationship between Dexterity and Evasion.  I'm suggesting a base mitigation based off of Intelligence increased by skillrank of philosophy.  This would not offset having low health, but it would give a benefit to something defensive for having a high intelligence.
  • It's not a bad idea tbh.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • You say, "Too easy."

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You have lost the anti-weapon field defence.
    You force your wormhole to begin swirling in a circular motion, illuminating your surroundings with a maelstrom of colors. With a single thought, you send the vortex of colors flying rapidly towards Ruga and watch as it connects with his forehead. Ruga's troubled mind proves too weak to withstand the onslaught, his eyes become unfocused and vacant and after a short while, he collapses to the ground without a sound.

You have slain Ruga.
    You look around triumphantly and realize you are the last one standing. You have WON the Free-For-All!

Ruga tells you, "Easy? we will talk about easy when you lose some of your artifacts."

Ruga tells you, "I don't win with artifacts I win with skill."
  • I honestly need to switch statpacks a fast druid lacks the ability to dish out damage. I am going to switch to athletic soon soo we will see how things go then
  • I don't think it's going to change anything, Ruga, tbh.
  • Actually? Druid is meant for damage and being fast cuts the damage out completely. Yeh. It probably will make a difference. but tbh I do fairly well as fast

• (Ring): Aleutia says, "Grammartron strikes again."

:(
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • (Market): Arakis says, "Rooms for rent in Kinsarmar proper, Ad 57."
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Hastati viciously stabs a blackened claymore with silver edging into you.
    Damage Taken: 7 cutting, physical (raw damage: 14)

Hastati gives a blackened claymore with silver edging the once-over, eyeing it suspiciously.

Hastati shakes her head.

Hastati, Oracle of Conquest says, "Selah said I should test if blood would help out."

Hastati, Oracle of Conquest says, "I think she wanted an excuse to have you stabbed."
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited January 2013
    Hastati, Oracle of Conquest says, "Derp."

Hastati, Oracle of Conquest says, "Out of the fire..."

Hastati flaps her great wings, grabbing ahold of you as she glares at him wickedly through the mask. "And into the Flame."

Ranai follows you to the ether.
    Beneath a dense canopy. [Yhumara Islands.][4686]
    A rune resembling a horse has been sketched into the ground here. A large stone altar is here, marked with the image of a flame. A massive and elegant chest of cherry wood that is engraved with primitive markings is sitting upon the ground here. An intricate brazier made of several metals and glass stands tall, its lustrous orange flame burning constantly. There are 2 piked head of an elegant dolls of Hastati here. There is a group of 17 sulphur crystals here. Samaos, the Dread Flame burns brightly here, her eyes smoldering as a halo of white-hot hair drifts around her veiled face. She wields the flaming whip Revelation in her left hand and the pitch-black staff of Terror in her right.
    You see exits leading northeast and southeast.

Samaos clears her throat.

A great golden door opens, and armored arms reach out, dragging Azefel and Ranai back through.
  • IF YOU'RE GOING TO CUT AND PASTE THE SHITTY THINGS WE SAY ABOUT PEOPLE IN OUR OOC, METAGAMING CLAN THAN YOU NEED TO JUST QUIT OUR CLAN, OKAY? METAGAMERS. #burthurt
  • What impresses me most about this is the fact that you're not even in this clan. Someone told you and it provoked such a strong feeling that you're like 'Oh I gotta post about this'.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I was hoping to move quietly and politely, while avoiding the airing out of Kaveri's dirty laundry. Should've known better. Haha!

Bathan has declared you a formal enemy of the Council of Ithaqua.

2013/01/12 04:29:27 - Bathan declared Kaveri to be a formal enemy. Reason: Apparently she and Alarick are lamenting the state of things by worshipping Demons now. I'd expect no less from a woman who attempted to sell the Lord of the Light to one of the Demon Lords.
  • Bathan had sort of wondered if she'd really done that considering she denied it originally, but after admitting it flippantly to him, he was all frowns. It's kind of nuts how many former Illuminas' types end up in demonic.

• Bathan said:
    Bathan had sort of wondered if she'd really done that considering she denied it originally, but after admitting it flippantly to him, he was all frowns. It's kind of nuts how many former Illuminas' types end up in demonic.
    She was going less for flippant and more for being brutally honest. And yeah =/ There are too many Illuminai wandering around Khandava.
  • Bathan said:
    Bathan had sort of wondered if she'd really done that considering she denied it originally, but after admitting it flippantly to him, he was all frowns. It's kind of nuts how many former Illuminas' types end up in demonic.
    "The worst corruption is that which robs the most pure of their innocence", or some nonsense like that.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>

• Sarrius said:
    Bathan said:
    "The worst corruption is that which robs the most pure of their innocence", or some nonsense like that.
    So you're saying Draven the Novicerator is the worst?

Rimshot!

• edited January 2013
    2013/01/14 07:58:09 - Dicey > Only a small fleet of guards was able to enter the room before they blocked the wall again, these casualties. This loss was too much for a raid, so guards have been returned to the gates - the five from the commodity shop were also moved, as evidenced above, a group of five guards may not have been a strong enough group to survive. I will issue no favors for our losses, but make note that Dicene, Michiko, and Sarciossis bled and died, until the final order of retreat, against these stacked odds for the Empire

You keep that morale going strong, demonic. You do it. Especially against the stacked odds of three dudes.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    2013/01/14 07:58:09 - Dicey > Only a small fleet of guards was able to enter the room before they blocked the wall again, these casualties. This loss was too much for a raid, so guards have been returned to the gates - the five from the commodity shop were also moved, as evidenced above, a group of five guards may not have been a strong enough group to survive. I will issue no favors for our losses, but make note that Dicene, Michiko, and Sarciossis bled and died, until the final order of retreat, against these stacked odds for the Empire

You keep that morale going strong, demonic. You do it. Especially against the stacked odds of three dudes.
    Let us look at these 3 dudes. 

You, Azefel, Juran vs Dicey, Dicene, Michiko, and Sarciossis

I get that I am giving you what you want, but why not stick it out and herd kittens with Magick, Sarrius? Oh...that's right.  8->
  • edited January 2013
    I was mostly quoting the italicized part, i.e 'I'm not going to reward people for getting stomped even though they put up a valiant fight'. Since that is, you know, what the log note essentially says.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    I guess if there was 1 red shard among either 4 of them it would have ended a lot differently (and probably earlier).
  • Azefel said:
    I guess if there was 1 red shard among either 4 of them it would have ended a lot differently (and probably earlier).
    A lot of people don't know to look at city shard skills or know what powers are available to them. It's in help files, but no one looks. They've been told to turn in all the shinies up until now. No one has corrected this. That being said, it's on the city leadership to post an announce or news article of "You should probably read _______." It's a new system and people are still adapting to the new tricks of the trade...and others are gloating about riding them coat tails. To each his own, I guess.
  • What? Red shards? What are those? :(

• Upon your order, your Ouroboros gathers its arms into its chest, and throws them out from itself in an explosion of concussive force.
    Kailani goes sailing out to the northeast.
    Kailani comes sailing in from the southwest.

• *<0-642/700h 100m 2668e 1784w 22x <e-> <db> 3|b| Demon 0> 
    A demon covered in boils flicks his hand in your direction, and a blob of yellow pus comes flying towards you. It lands on your face, and you sputter.
    You are confused as to the effects of the toxin. (masked) (masked)
    You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
    You are afflicted with nausea.
    (Empire): Warning: [parse_attack] - Reckless affliction added
    *<0-700/700h 100m 2668e 1784w 22x <e-> <db> 3|b| Demon +58 0.8330> outr mandrake||eat mandrake||focus
    (MANDRAKE ROOT) x1 Has Been Outrifted - (mandrake) [716]
    You quickly eat a mandrake root.
    Your insomnia has been cured by the mandrake.
    You have lost the insomnia defence.
    You focus your mind intently on curing your mental maladies.
    Stability returns and you are no longer dizzy. (-dizziness) (dizziness)
    You have cured dizziness.

What happened here? I quite clearly got recklessness, but the mandrake cured insomnia.
  • I am suddenly reminded of a legion of "I ate mandrake and it wasn't curing recklessness!" teasing..
  • If that's all it is, I'll just recode insomnia dropping from my herb successes.