Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Currently, a Wytch can't specify which runes to smudge on their runestone which makes changing them annoying when you might have to smudge the whole set just to change one rune. Doesn't seem to be a balance issue so it would be awesome if this could be changed.

• IniarIniar Australia
    @Jeremy

People have been very confused about the 'artifact upgrade token'. They keep thinking it upgrades for L1 -> L2 etc etc. Could we name it something else?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • @Jeremy Would also help if it was mentioned in help files. If it is, I can't find where.
  • edited July 2015
    Selthis said:
    Can you fix phylacteries to make them at least a semi decent value like they used to be? Remove gold and herbs from the prize list. Raise the minimum credit amount you can get to 10 credits.  Make sure everything that you can get from them (except atlas pages?) can be traded in for 10 credits at the minimum.

And remove worthless things like miniatures(only worth 1? credit?). Also, there's a lot of dagger of reincarnations popping out. I dun like it.

And fix peoples' phylacteries that have been opened already? I kinda feel ripped off

Edit: It explained artifact upgrade tokens when they were for sale on the website, but it can't be found anywhere in game or anywhere else, for that matter. Even though I read through the artifact sale, when I obtained them from the phylacteries, I was still confused with them. So much agree
  • IniarIniar Australia

artifact 79 show

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artifact #: 79

Desc:       an artifact upgrade token

Cost:       50

Description:

Artifact upgrade tokens can be used in place of credits to upgrade existing artifacts.

Each token is worth 50 credits toward an upgrade, and can be combined with credits to reach the 

total cost of the upgrade.

As an example, you can use these tokens to upgrade a level 1 longsword to a level 2 longsword in 

the following ways:

A level 1 longsword will take 450 credits to upgrade to level 2.

- In order to upgrade the longsword you will need 9 upgrade tokens.

- You can also upgrade with a combination of bound credits and upgrade tokens. For example, I 

could use 5 tokens (worth a total of 250 credits) and 200 bound credits to upgrade my longsword.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @Garryn Any chance a Hunter's currently equipped aura could be saved as a defense on armguards?
  • Yes, that is possible. Not right now though, it's slightly bigger.
  • I think @Skye mentioned this but reducing or removing the long equilibrium associated with commodity refining would be pretty amazing. Also upping how much you can refine at once. Please? :(
  • Dicene said:
    @Jeremy Would also help if it was mentioned in help files. If it is, I can't find where.
    I have added it in a bit more. In HELP MISC ARTIFACTS and HELP ARTIFACT UPGRADES

• I have made some changes to refining, nothing major though. I will post about it once I load them up.

• They're just repurposing a channel that nobody uses. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

They're just repurposing a channel that nobody uses. 

Unfortunately, this is true.
  • Could we get some kind of line at the end of various logs? Deathsight, belieflog, etc? Just some kind of "---END OF DEATHSIGHT---" or "---END OF BELIEFLOG---"?

Writing log parsers can be a bit frustrating because there's no terminator at the end of the log and the log can be of variable length, so I generally end up having to do "belieflog | more | more  | more | more | more | more | more | think End of Belieflog" and then go back and add more MOREs to it when I don't catch the full log. You can mess with pagelength and such, but that makes it harder to manually read the log afterwards, since it has no breaks.

On that line, it would also be nice if the log entries could go from:

2015/07/09 00:41:59 - Kristos has been slain by Kryss.
    2015/07/09 00:42:27 - Kristos has been slain by Vasharr.
    2015/07/09 00:42:56 - Celestine has been slain by Kryss.

to 

1) 2015/07/09 00:41:59 - Kristos has been slain by Kryss.
    2) 2015/07/09 00:42:27 - Kristos has been slain by Vasharr.
    3) 2015/07/09 00:42:56 - Celestine has been slain by Kryss.

Just so that it become easier to realize that the part of the log you want to parse starts at line 55 without having to count them.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I just use a timer to stop the capture. hit alias, turn on triggers that spam through any more that appears, after three seconds it turns it all off and does the math. You could also activate a trigger that does 'more' when it sees more and then use the "There is no more, my friend" line as the 'end of capture' if you wanted. have a part of your capture ending involve turning your more trigger offer.
  • You don't get the "There is no more" line at the end of it if you're triggering off of the MORE line, because the MORE line doesn't show up when there is no more so you'll never over-more.

Anyways, that's the kind of pain in the ass workaround that an end-of-log message is designed to work around. Also that way is horrible, I want immediate gratification, I don't want to wait 3 seconds to see my deathsight parse.

• I will look at the log code, but no promises. It is all in text files and a pain in the butt.

• Can duration of mass salve be increased to say one imperian day. It causes spam and nothing else.
  • edited July 2015
    Ohm said:
    Can duration of mass salve be increased to say one imperian day. It causes spam and nothing else.
    Its short duration is important for some channel mechanics (notably, monolith capture). Changing the duration would need to be done in classleads.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited July 2015
    Can we please please please please please please get a way to forfeit player-initiated mercenary fights? If it's a draw, it's going to be evident in the first 10 rounds. It's physically painful to have to sit through the remaining 490.

12:16:40am - You accept yourself's challenge, sending your Two group to fight!
    (A lot of "Soandso defends against all of the damage!")
    12:42:05am - Match times out! Nobody wins.
  • Can we fix the Five Tributes quests? Three of mine are currently asking me to kill Vuzashi, and so far Shou is the only person I know of who's managed it and his recommendation is not to do it. Everything else from the Tributes has been annoying, but possible for me to handle. And honestly, I'd even take a failure from this quest if you absolutely demanded it exist in the rotation, but I can't "fail" it either.

So can we either remove that quest from them, or give an option to let you "fail" a quest from them on purpose?
  • I've done it. But I'm an artimonster with the best bashing prof in demonic sooo.  It is honestly pretty easy really, assuming you either have the health to solo it or 2 or 3 people to help you soak.  
  • edited July 2015
    Jules said:
    In classlead stuff, is part of the process to go through the abilities, and if an ability goes pretty much unused, simply delete it, to clean up the profession's ability list?  I mean, if I have an ability I tend to assume it's useful in some way, and sometimes, the answer I get is that things are "situationally useful", which... sometimes I do end up seeing people use it at least once in awhile, and other times, I just NEVER see it happen (which of course doesn't mean it never does, but does make me wonder what stars have to align for it to be "useful").  Other things, people advising me will simply flat out say "nope, not useful", and I guess my question is does stuff like that get cleaned up (deleted)?  If not, why?  

Kryss said:
    Abilites don't generally get deleted, no matter how redundant or useless they are. If they did certain classes (Defiler) would have such short skill lists that it would be just...I don't even know.

Jules said:
    To be honest, that's part of my secret agenda.  I mean, the people doing classleads must know which ones are silly and which mean something, but at first glance, having extraneous things seems to 1) just make things confusing for people learning the class 2) "pads" the class at first glance, making it look more fleshed out than it is.  

I can also easily imagine people arguing (and I'll take that Defiler example here) "but you have X", fully knowing (or maybe not knowing, doesn't matter I guess) that X is a silly redundant and/or simply fairly worthless ability, because one thing all sides seem to agree on is that people do that sort of thing (always people from other circles of course :P).  Keeping things neat also seems like it would help keep people honest.

Cassius said:
    Generally, if you want to get rid of an unused skill, you need to propose an equally unused but thematically appropriate skill to replace it.
  • edited July 2015
    I would like to revisit (the above), because I had an idea.  Also, I hope it transferred over from the "Clueless" thread without being horribly formatted (nope).  If admin will not allow you to delete a fairly or totally useless ability, what about allowing classlead people to designate core abilities (lookie here, depending on your core strategy, this is absolutely something you need to be using), "situationally useful" abilities, "very occasionally situationally useful" abilities and... by default, everything else is probably totally useless (since admin probably won't allow Khizan to label things %$@ing useless")?

It would give people who do not have immediate access to people who will say point blank "seriously don't bother with X" a place to start without so much chaff to sift through to start thinking about how to use their abilities.  Also, I am very thankful that people don't say "oh no, all of your abilities are totally useful" >:[  (because I have experienced that in other games) but still, I feel like this would help people.  Some would say it takes away the "fun" of figuring out which abilities are actually useful, but that just seems like such an artificially created and lame roadblock to me.

EDIT:  okay, had to get around things by making two posts.  See above post for background.  
  • Those kind of designations sound like they'd be far too subjective to really be of much value - for a lot of professions, core strategies vary person to person. I can understand the impetus behind wanting someone to immediately know what is most useful for them, but I also think that learning that sort of information from another player is a valuable, core part of the experience that entices people to play. Not to mention, those kind of category labels would likely invite the same sort of queries you're trying to avoid - "The file says X is situationally useful, what does that mean? What situations?" And that kind of information is best drawn from someone with experience.

• edited July 2015
    Hrm.  Maybe.  I feel like what you say could certainly happen, although I don't think that is necessarily terrible.  It means they have been clued in to an ability that isn't something they'd be using all the time but, as you say "what situations"?  And sometimes, a good answer might even be "well, why don't we focus on your core abilities first?  That is why they are core abilities - but to generally answer your question, it is useful for X".

That said, what about just identifying core abilities if going beyond that is too distracting?  For example, with Outrider, there are several strategies (gone over fairly decently in the main help file even), and it is true that the "core" abilities you'd be using depend on which approach you're taking (which is the sort of thing I was alluding to above when I say "depending on your core strategy, this is absolutely something you need to be using"), but it gives people areas to focus on.  It would also be useful to people who are familiar with the game, but learning a new profession, or just returning from a long dormancy.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It doesn't take very long to work out what the core abilities are: generally you just ask someone and they tell you. I don't see a need for this.
  • edited July 2015
    Alright, fair enough.  I mean, I am comfortable asking people who I know will know the answers, and I have no disagreement that that can work incredibly well - but I do wish there were more ways that people (like me!) could find out something like that without having to ask (or having someone tell me "Jules, stop trying to use X, it's worthless" - because, I actually will try to figure out if I can use an ability on my own - badly), because the truth is that asking really is always something of an imposition, and anything that can be done to cut down on that is good I think. 
  • I disagree, because it removes an important level of interaction. Being primarily combat-interested, I really enjoy teaching people how to use their profession, especially if they express a keen interest in actually learning, experimenting, attempting strategies, versus being told what to do. When you consider that it's a completely social game, it really shouldn't feel like an imposition to interact with other players/characters, and removing that element would be a disservice to one of the best ways of getting involved.

• edited July 2015
    Yeah, but you're not on the position of the person who is always asking questions, or, certainly, always HAS questions.  Basically, the more stuff I could legimitately "just look up", or even more accurately, since a lot of the time the hard part is knowing where to look and what to look for, "just read up on", the more I could save my questions for something that is absolutely killing me.