Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Some people don't delete all their messages at the end of the day.

msgs
    ******************************[ Message Summary ]******************************
     [Msg#]  [From]       [Date]      [Summary]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          1  Tekkor       8/14/2009

msg count
    You have 7908 messages.
  • Agreed. I just need something to show me the last <x> messages instead of the first <x>. MSGS LAST or something. Please =D
  • I always read my messages on the website, lists the most recent ones first. Easier to delete them too
  • In light of the recent same-sex marriage ruling in America, I'd like to see plural marriages in Imperian. By this I mean being married to multiple people simultaneously. Can't be that difficult to code in, right? (He says knowing nothing of Imperian's source)
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Rasca said:
    In light of the recent same-sex marriage ruling in America, I'd like to see plural marriages in Imperian. By this I mean being married to multiple people simultaneously. Can't be that difficult to code in, right? (He says knowing nothing of Imperian's source)
    Man, we in Celidon, what's the saying... 'fish to water'? That's the one.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Rasca said:
    In light of the recent same-sex marriage ruling in America, I'd like to see plural marriages in Imperian. By this I mean being married to multiple people simultaneously. Can't be that difficult to code in, right? (He says knowing nothing of Imperian's source)

Not sure of how that relates to same-sex marriage, but that would not be a simple change.
  • AlonzoAlonzo Christchurch, New Zealand
    With the addition of the bounty system to cover both city/councils, and now cult/sects, the unmonitored assassination system really needs to be looked at/removed. Having no reason at all to slay someone short of "I'm bored so I'll have a friend hire a hit on who ever I want" really can't be a legitimate way to play this game.

Grief in all it's forms needs to be stomped out, because it lessens enjoyment and really just has people not wanting to bother committing time and effort to this place.

Issues are unlikely to solve anything because well "They had a reason to kill you" but was there a reason for hiring the hit in the first place? Because there doesn't need to be.

Thoughts?

• ASSASSIN HIRE HIT ON <player> <reason>
    Using this command will cause you to give the gold to the assassin
    required to have the hit done. The organization will then pay the first
    assassin who kills your target. You must supply a valid reason, as our
    administration will have access to this info. If it is not valid, you
    may suffer the consequences.

Oh hey there totally needs to be a reason look at that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

The bounty system tells you when you're being targeted, essentially who to expect and if the reason is made up you can issue that before a pointless death occurs. Hits do not. You never know who you "offended" or why.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Almost like there is a price to interacting with other players.

Granted, death has been rendered meaningless and is now even less of a deterrent than it ever was, but even with arti pinatas it seems to still have some effect.

Glorious.
    Some people just aren't there to ruin other people's day. Having no choice but to deal with people like that is pretty annoying.

Sure, death means nothing but there are still rules. Harassing someone isn't fun for the someone. Games are meant to be fun.
  • @Khizan, I asked Septus to starburst 15 times for me so we could kill a boss with only 3 people because I was stubborn. It would have pained me to watch you die so much:( (not really)
  • edited June 2015

No doubt. Like I said, know-nothing here. It only relates in that plural marriage seems like the next logical step forward in marriage equality, we're playing a fantasy game where same-sex marriage was kosher long before it was made legal in real life, so this would be us moving the goalposts forward. And I know of at least a couple poly people IRL who play the game. I'm sure it's lower priority than balancing reave or whatever, but it'd be a nice nod to inclusion.

Dec said:
    Rasca said:

Not sure of how that relates to same-sex marriage, but that would not be a simple change.

• We do not have current plans to remove assassinations. Where bounties are for org-related retaliation, assassinations are for personal retaliation, and exist in part BECAUSE they are anonymous.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Rasca slew Lothesh, the Malignist that was loyal to you.

Outside of bounty bait, mobs like these really serve very little purpose anymore. I'm not even sure if the quest they are tied to is even active anymore, or even able to be done, so unless everyone just enjoys killing these mobs it'd be great to get them repurposed into something fun.

Maybe a new quest in relation to the City they are connected with and the surrounding area? Maybe just have them decide to abandon their task as a towne crier and wander off into the wildnerness never to be found? Maybe Urzog can come along and eat them. Iunno, just something.

What do you guys think?

• Aakrin said:
     Can we please please please please please please super ultra triple tap please, allow barrels to hold sigils in shops? Using shelves to sell a decent stock of sigils is so mind blowingly expensive that its depressing. Sigils sell in large amounts, just like herbs, can we get a decent mechanic to sell them as such? pwwweeeease
    I will do this at some point. The code does not make it super easy. Shop code really sucks.

• Rasca said:

No doubt. Like I said, know-nothing here. It only relates in that plural marriage seems like the next logical step forward in marriage equality, we're playing a fantasy game where same-sex marriage was kosher long before it was made legal in real life, so this would be us moving the goalposts forward. And I know of at least a couple poly people IRL who play the game. I'm sure it's lower priority than balancing reave or whatever, but it'd be a nice nod to inclusion.

Dec said:
    Rasca said:

Our bloodline and family system is really ugly in the code and full of bugs. I keep looking to redo the entire system, but have not been able to get to the point where I want to cause that much pain on myself. However, if I do, they I will be opening up ways to do stuff like that.

• Hurrah! That'd be great. Thanks Jeremy.
  • Shou said:
    Is there a command similar to 'NSUM (category) LATEST' that works for messages? If not, can we please get one?
    Is MSG DESC what you are looking for?

• Ah... yeah it seems so. Thanks!
  • As a minor thing.. can HELP (sect) take us to the SECT INFO (sect) page? It's a small hassle sometimes to remember the commands
  • Any chance the beginning of a weaponprobe entry could have a little identifying information added. At the very least, the id+name would be useful so I wouldn't have to do "think weaponprobing <id>" .. sep .. "wp <id>" to properly track the probes. An example of what it would look like(formatted in a way that would be easy for everyone to trigger):

Weapon: A curved sabre (sabre38381)
    Damage: 75  Speed: 225
    This weapon is light and sharp.
    A curved sabre is made up of mostly stehl and some crystehl.
    You may use this item to parry with.
    You may use the following commands with this weapon: jab, slash.
    A curved sabre has the following toxins or effects on it:
    1) ciguatoxin
  • edited July 2015
    Would it be possible to have a way to look inside containers without it showing item numbers? Like...

GLANCE PACK
    A gold-weave pack is holding:
    3 small gold-inlaid symbols, a translucent glass box, 3 engraved bone tinderboxes, Bag of Devouring, a personal journal, Challenger's Warhorn, a smoked glass pipet, 999 juniper berries.

instead of

PROBE PACK
    A gold-weave pack is holding:
    "juniper299211"           a juniper berry
    "juniper299215"           a juniper berry
    "juniper299218"           a juniper berry
    "juniper299221"           a juniper berry
    "juniper299222"           a juniper berry
    "juniper299224"           a juniper berry
    Type MORE to continue reading. (1% shown)
  • IniarIniar Australia
    You lick a gray-bladed axe named Pithy.
    (Ring): You say, "I so wish I could probe my axe and see how many people it has killed."
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Uh.

Aakrin shatters his attempt to shatter the barrier.

Is there a way to better phrase this?
  • Iniar ceases his attempt to shatter Ultrix's barrier.
  • I will make an announce later, but you can now GLANCE <pack>.

I also fixed that barrier typo.