Skip to content

The Magma Vents

Hi guys!

I just want to request that you send all your bugs, typos, reports, etc about Magma Vents to me directly. I do not always look at bugs, and I want to make sure things run smoothly for the area. There are a TON of moving parts, and a LOT of lore and dialogue, so there could be things I missed during testing. Some of you have already poked me, but please please please, let me know.

Also, if there are any questions or concerns on the area or the lore you can poke me here or in game. Thanks guys!

Comments

• One thing that sort of bugs me about the design is that the floor is littered with a dozen different widgets because there are a dozen quests that seem to be nothing more than "go get me 5 widgets".

It is sort of disappointing to get a big update like this and find out that half of the starting content is roaming the area spamming some variant of GET WIDGET.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Also I really dislike that Power is this leadership crap and not "AHAHAHA TREMBLE BEFORE MY LAVA CANNON" power and I wish you'd been more clear on that before I picked it. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I'm aware, this was my nice way of saying "I would like you to do better." But I guess it did not come off that way :P
  • edited June 2015

I don't dislike the area, I was just disappointed that so many of the quests were "There's widgets all over the floor, please go clean them up", with some of the quests being "Oh, thanks for the widgets! Now go collect more of a different widget!".

I liked finding the son and talking to the seers and picking flowers and attuning to the core, all that was fun. I just don't think that one area needs 6 different types of fetchable scattered across the ground.

• IniarIniar Australia
    I really like this area. Thanks @Elokia and whoever else was involved.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Just a minor bit of amusement. How is it that a race that took longer than any other race to come to form, while being underground the entire time, and unable to leave the underground, evolve with wings and flight?
  • That is actually revealed in the history, Orac tells the history of the araeca. (Spoiler alert) it has to do with when the Easterners mined and hit the core.
  • Elokia said:
    That is actually revealed in the history, Orac tells the history of the araeca. (Spoiler alert) it has to do with when the Easterners mined and hit the core.
    I know, I might be the only person who picked Knowledge. It doesn't say why underground people have wings that I noticed
  • edited June 2015
    75% of the mobs in the area unkillable, 1/10 worst rampage ever.

Edit: Some of them don't have attacks, however, so +1 for their unending helplessness.
  • edited June 2015
    I thought it was fun, I want to shoot more rats with the water flintlock though

Wealth for the win!
  • Aakrin said:
    Elokia said:
    That is actually revealed in the history, Orac tells the history of the araeca. (Spoiler alert) it has to do with when the Easterners mined and hit the core.
    I know, I might be the only person who picked Knowledge. It doesn't say why underground people have wings that I noticed
    I suppose I didn't make it totally clear, and knowing me, I left out a vital part. I'll look back through Orac's history and make sure it's in there. His was tweaked a little since he was released before the area when araeca was released as a playable race.
  • I super love the squirt gun quest. And you have a ton of really cool things to buy. But, you should totally sell the squirt guns as well
  • I have plans for the squirt guns, don't worry. They will be mass produced soon.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #3112
    Date: 6/28/2015 at 19:41
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Magma Vents Tablet

I've had a few questions on the Magma Vents tablet that is sold there.

It is not a RG tablet. You can use it like a scroll, where you can write on it.

That is all!

Penned by my hand on the 12th of Letum, in the year 80 AM.

That. Is. Hilarious. I want to ask who asked the question, but then I shouldn't know. :(
  • edited July 2015
    Iniar said:
    @Elokia

Khizan usually isn't happy with most things. It's ok, we've come to accept it.. :P
    I do like that we can allow people (or at least allow Khizan :D) to give frank feedback that isn't all ooooos and ahs, though.  I even have a term for it.  I call it Constructive Beeping.  It's part of the Imperian culture and part of why we get treated more like customers here and less like we're oh so lucky that we're "allowed" to spend another several hundred dollars on a shiny new text sword.  I mean, I certainly wouldn't want to see people being outright "mean" to admin (and I doubt they'd tolerate that anyway, and I also just really LIKE our admin thus far), but we have a really good arrangement here and I want to point that out.

Edited language
  • edited June 2015
    Honestly, if it really bothers people, feel free to delete admin.  I won't be offended (and obviously this one as well).  
  • I'm pretty sure it's a good thing that you are able to have constructive criticism on here without feeling bad or feeling like you just have to love everything we do. Really, your input does help us figure out what people want more/less for the future. 

Just remember I'm a really sensitive butterfly, and might cry a little bit if you're overly harsh or straight up tell me something I spent hours working on is terrible.

So like, just break it to me gently, remember I have big feels, and I don't want to have to go to @Elokia's house and stress eat a gallon of chocolate moose tracks icecream while crying all over her (but I do love chocolate icecream).
  • IniarIniar Australia
  • Now it looks like I posted a bunch of F-bombs or something :(
  • You're an outlaw.