Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Hi guys! This is I HEART! Let's keep it on topic. We can stop tearing people down and yelling at each other. Thank you!
  • Elokia said:

Hi guys! This is I HEART! Let's keep it on topic. We can stop tearing people down and yelling at each other. Thank you!

Unfortunately, some people HEART that. :(
  • I love that Elokia's avatar has a mustache with horns. For some reason, it makes me imagine her having a top hat and a monocle that she wears with her dapper mustache.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    I heart Nicki Minaj so much. Slay gurl, slaaaaaaay.

I also heart Age of Wonders III so freaking much. Props to @Rahiel for suggesting I try it.
  • I heart @Elokia for bringing us back to "hearting" and I'm sorry if I got upset.

City leading is hard sometimes, especially if it's your first time trying. You feel inadequate awfully quick and it's just a game. 
    :|
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I <3 the whispers I'm hearing on the theories of Alekmanhala's Lair. It warms my heart that people are actually looking into all the little clues @Esmyrsia and I placed in the Lair. I hope you are suffering! I mean...enjoying them!
  • edited May 2015
    I almost wish they'd just delete quests that involve a lot of admin help (which it's sounding like this one might be) after the initial run though.  Someone on Lusternia's forums summed it up nicely:

"The big thing that annoys me about quests (conflict quests especially) is when it feels like it's impossible to figure out how to start, or how to get to the next step. Sometimes the moon logic only makes sense when you have an npc holding your hand through it during the opening event. Heck, with some quests, even WITH a walkthrough and having completed it several times, I'm not always sure what the guiding thread is, or how someone without a walkthrough is possibly supposed to complete it (looking at you, Seren epic)".
  • Quests have by and far gone the route of typing 1,2,3 for your response and it is scripted from there. Anything outside of that was before they began revamping quests and simply haven't gotten to it yet.

Everything Caelya and I have gleaned has been from talking to NPCs with scripted responses, having a general knowledge of lore as a whole, examining room descriptions thoroughly, and a healthy dose of wild speculation.

A lot of detail when into the actual creation of the area if you're reading the room descs and greeting the mobs over by Christof. It's pretty fascinating, because I cannot remember a time in which the admin released to us so much information at once. Apparently the scorched were the first race ever according to one of the mob's responses! I find that totally fascinating. Everyone assumed it was humans, who then evolved into tanari, who then diversified further into most of our other races - with some question left about ssylsin and kohdon.
  • Stay tuned for more! It's coming, just a lot all at once, so it's being released piece by piece, rather than waiting a long time for it all to hit the streets at once. Hopefully the next chapter will be in a week or so (Hoping not more than that, but I'm only one person! - even though Jeremy swears I'm clones :( )
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I heart spending time with the old folks and learning bucketloads each time. It is amazing what you learn to both -do- and -not do-.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I heart @Elokia for bringing us back to "hearting" and I'm sorry if I got upset.

City leading is hard sometimes, especially if it's your first time trying. You feel inadequate awfully quick and it's just a game. 
    :|
    If it makes you feel any better, it's not a first time thing. I've probably been doing this longer than anyone else and I've had many moments where I feel like it's gotten the best of me and that I've felt woefully inadequate. I'm sure some people will disagree with me based on how I know some people have felt about my leadership, but the advice I'd give is to try not to focus too much on what outsiders are saying. If the people inside your organization are happy with what you're doing, they're the ones that matter. And for what it's worth, from what I've seen, you're making a really strong effort.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • EllarynthEllarynth Nashville, TN
    You and me both @Skye

Damn unforgiving at times how mean spirited people are.

Although, I do <3 Skye so much. 
  • Skye said:
      If the people inside your organization are happy with what you're doing, they're the ones that matter.

The people inside his organization are leaving have left

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:
    Skye said:
      If the people inside your organization are happy with what you're doing, they're the ones that matter.

The people inside his organization are leaving have left

I think what @skye is saying is not to blame myself and beat myself up over it.

Which I heart her for.
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • I heart mom's meatloaf, crockpot mac' and cheese, mashed potatoes, yeast rolls and strawberry short cake..

All soft food I can eat with a broken jaw. She's too good to me.

• I think what @skye is saying is not to blame myself and beat myself up over it.

Which I heart her for.

What I am saying is that citizen happiness is a useless metric when you've just finished hemorrhaging away half of your citizens and you're complaining about having no population. 

"But the citizens are happy!" ceases to be an effective argument in your favour when you're down to three citizens.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• If you want to continue this line of conversation, make a new thread. This one has been derailed enough.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Been with Imperian since around two months after it began. I can think of fewer relationships that I've had (outside of two ex-wives) that have pulled me back and forth between hate and heart for this long.

I've hated it and you all. I've hearted it and you all. I've shouted for joy and shed some tears (drunken, but no less genuine). I've watched people come and go as I, myself, have bounced in and out.

I've got to say... In the end, I heart you Imperian. Maybe when I've got the screen fixed on my laptop, my crops going well and the time to re-code EVERYTHING we will be together again.

Jackasses.
  • I heart my new pet since I have a chariot and don't need a mount now. Fits Theo well.

A hound of Annwn strolls regally in from the in.

This is a wolfhound trained by elven-kind, fiercely loyal to the race that bred him. His long legs are 
    specifically designed to give a wolf no rest as he runs it toward the hunters. His short clipped silver fur 
    covers a lithe body of sinewy muscles and his pale blue eyes regard you with indifference as his long thin 
    tail hangs behind him.
    It weighs about 50 pounds.
    It is loyal to Theophilus.
    A hound of Annwn is holding:
    Nothing.

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    I <3@Iyrandar and @Ultrix...

Stomping the ground, Khizan continues the dance of the sentinel.

Ultrix accidentally on purpose stomps on Khizan's foot while trying to hop.

Noticing the rythmic pounding around him, Iyrandar begins to remove his shield with only his sitara in hand.

Ultrix Ashtear says to Iyrandar, "Can you twirl around on your sitara? Will it hold your weight?"

Iyrandar starts to move his feet from side to side as the movement begins to increasingly become more complex as he grins to those watching.

From Ultrix: Trying to get iyrandar to pull off sitara-pole-dancing. this may or may not work.

Falling into a trance, Iyrandar moves his arms while beginning to spin his sitara in circles.

• I heart QoL stuff.

If anyone hadn't yet messed with the whocolour system and didn't want to dig through that huge help file, here's a basic setup:

1. config wc pref set circle 3
    2. config wc set colour circle magick 45
    3. config wc set colour circle anti-magick 228
    4. config wc set colour circle demonic 209

looks like: image

• You place both hands on either side of Jules's head and stare straight into her eyes. Summoning all your 
    knowledge of the Noctu mysteries, you will your knowledge into Jules's mind.
    You see Fire Valkyrie Jules Vladin, Knight of Redemption shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I 
    beg of you to make it stop!"
    Your faith increases as Jules falls by your hand.
    You have slain Jules.

My first enlightenment.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Your second?

Shou Agarwaen thunders, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Shou has been consumed by the Abyss at the command of Theophilus.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Invoke enlighten Shou added to your EQBAL queue.
    Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You place both hands on either side of Shou's head and stare straight into his eyes. Summoning all your 
    knowledge of the Noctu mysteries, you will your knowledge into Shou's mind.
    You see Shou Agarwaen shout, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    Your faith increases as Shou falls by your hand.
    You have slain Shou.
    A brown bear thunders off, on the trail of some elusive prey.

My second enlightenment.

• You have offered citizenship to @Iroth.

You ask Iroth to repeat the oaths of citizenship after you. He does, and you admit him as the newest, proudest 
    member of Stavenn.

My third enlightenment. Just kidding. Maybe people like the idea of a Republic?

You have offered citizenship to @Iroth.

You ask Iroth to repeat the oaths of citizenship after you. He does, and you admit him as the newest, proudest 
    member of Stavenn.

I wouldn't be too excited - Iroth circle-hops like no other...No offense, @Iroth.
  • Celestine said:
    You have offered citizenship to @Iroth.

member of Stavenn.

I wouldn't be too excited - Iroth circle-hops like no other...No offense, @Iroth.
    Stop acting like Khizan and say something kind for once.. geez.

• It doesn't matter though, there's nothing wrong with changing circles. I honestly can't see why anyone would think that if someone is bored in their current circle, or looking to do something else, that they shouldn't just change. If you're not 'feeling it' where you are at that moment then you're probably not having fun and probably not doing your best either. Changing helps to keep things fresh and exciting!

Kryss said:
    It doesn't matter though, there's nothing wrong with changing circles. I honestly can't see why anyone would think that if someone is bored in their current circle, or looking to do something else, that they shouldn't just change. If you're not 'feeling it' where you are at that moment then you're probably not having fun and probably not doing your best either. Changing helps to keep things fresh and exciting!
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I gave @Iroth crap because he left AM to go to Magick, in which he said 'I will never go to Stavenn because REASONS.' And then today, he joined Stavenn. I wasn't being mean or whatever - was just teasing. To be honest, @Iroth was one of my very best secretaries and I'm sad to see him go. All I care about is that people are happy and enjoy they game, ask @Kalcer and @Xaarin. They'll tell you the same thing.