Skip to content

Khizan's Classlead Repository

Comments

• Okay, so after discussing it with people that know more than I do, a few modifications:

HUNT: 
    1) Bypass aura completely. 1/3 chance to deliver.
    2) No bypass, 100% chance to deliver.
    3) No bypass, 2/3 chance to deliver.

Or change one of these into a WIGHT addition.

EYE:
    Essentially the same, but not for SAYS/TELLS. Only reports to the player, does not require pentagram. Just work like the allsight devotion skill. I forget that we have mindread.

MALIGNOSIS PENTAGRAM:
    1) Remove the balance requirement for summoning. You would just be able to summon whatever demon you need. You'd still have to put it up, but it wouldn't cost anything to use.
    2) Keep balance loss, but allow you to summon a demon at the same time. CARVE PENTAGRAM FOR (demon). 
    3) Keep balance loss, but pentagram now serves to protect the demon from banish rites/blessed weapons. (Similar to enslavery minion). You would be able to summon whatever demon you need at the moment w/o pentagram (and you'd have to move this skill up in the set), but it wouldn't have any sort of protection (trojan man!) until you carve the pentagram. 

AB NECROMANCY MIASMA (or somesuch)
    This skill would be added to allow you to summon a foul miasma that would darken the room - strong enough that even a seraph cannot banish it's night.

AB MALIGNOSIS BLOODWORMS:
    Let's have these fire on enemy list instead of room-wide. This is so we don't have everyone who can afflict hitting me with oxalis (esp. knights), and suddenly I'm off eq. Otherwise, I'll never summon these things ever.

AB MALIGNOSIS FIEND/DAEMONITE
    With the proposed change to pentagram, these guys may need a longer cooldown on their attack, but maybe not.

Uhhh...

I think that's all I could think of. Any suggestions?

• One of the classleads I had for Malig was for each hit of hunt to auto-raze (rebounding only), which would still allow rebounding to slow down hunt, but not kill it entirely. Having it completely bypass rebounding would be meh, because then there would be absolutely no reason to use rebounding (admittedly, there still wouldn't be an enormous reason to, but better than nothing), which means no reason to use pipes outside of affliction cures. While keeping rebounding up isn't an enormous drain on pipe balance, it's still part of one, and can potentially be planned around for affliction stacking.
  • Could add a skill in the set: DAEGGER RAZE - Your daegger will automatically raze an aura of rebounding should it be there, but will not deliver a toxin.
  • An equivalent for bandages for demonic.  Call it poultice, throw it in shamanism, make it cost some cloth or leather or something.
  • Another thought.  Knight Pets should be max speed/stam/strength.  Pretty sure its been brought up before, but that will end up in my next round of classlead submits probably.
  • AB BRUTALITY/CHIVALRY/WARDING/ETC TWIST.

Let's share those toys, people. If we can impale, we can twist.
  • In an effort to increase synergy across the demonic circle, we can use the entropy mechanic from defilers (or treants) to set up some limb damage -and- benefit from limb damage (for 1v1 flavor)

When striking a damaged limb, the defiler gains a 10% damage bonus for that hit,

-Wither: Using your already tainted arm, you can brush this limb against the victims. Shrivel -> Level 1 --> Level 2 if level 2 spreads the level 1 contagion to an unafflicted limb.

-Treant Break: Order the treant to instantly damage break a limb. 5s eq. 

-Treant Tear: A victim that has two damaged limbs can be lifted up and torn (it's like the torture rack!) for high blunt damage. Does torso damage. Level 2 torso damage? Instant kill.
  • I'd bounced around the idea of giving knights a damage bonus when attacking an already broken limb over the last cycle, intended to give some synergy to slow DSL and offer them an attack for bonused damage after a double break - but if you want it for defilers it's all yours.
  • I will disagree that Defilers need yet another situational based instakill, however. Scratch that and they seem like solid ideas.
  • I'd swap to Defiler for that. It sounds fun. :) I'd also vote for it for Knights, because any sort of damage bonus to limbs helps me.
  • DK's need some love. :(
  • DKs have vivisect, which is one of those situational black holes like retardation and BBT that become a dead spot in development time because too many things provide unwanted synergy with a four affliction based instakill.
  • AB BRUTALITY/CHIVALRY/WARDING/ETC TWIST.

Lets not homogenize an ability, please. Twist is fine in the two classes it goes in to. I think it is perfectly fine where it is.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited January 2013
    I really can't get behind - any brand of knight- needs love. They're versatile and can flourish in a lot of roles. Honestly, the swiss army feel of Knights paired with the "I refuse to die" level of tank, it's a legitimate trade off for not being top tier in any category. The downfall of DK is really player utilization. The role in which a DK is cast in team fights is completely dependent upon the people around him. It takes months to years of experience to call that on the fly. People are still learning.

Knights need tweaks. Knights need a few nerfs. Knights to not need a hot night with the 'balance' fairy known as Love.

@juran as far as defiler goes, I'm not a big fan of implant. Considering the set up, which is a weird mechanic in and of itself, there isn't a lot of reward associated with the skill. The seed mechanic is just sort of ho-hum and I'm not a fan of incurable afflictions --> instant kills. (The alternatives are worse). I think people would be ok with trading implant for torture rack. Though, honestly, I think most people would be happier if Defiler found a little bit more presence in 1v1 and teams.
  • I'm mainly referring to how beneficial secondary skillsets are for Runeguard and Templar compared to Necromancy.  The only thing we have to combine with dsl is battlecry.  Gravehands, Deathaura, and Belch.  These are useful.  The time it takes to reapply soulquench, you have already lost momentum.  I'm focusing on limb breaks with Luth right now, but that requires the creation of limb damage trackers, parry trackers, etc.  Now, I have made all of these.  However, runelore provides hampering healing (I experienced this fighting Ziat earlier in an FFA) and Templars have flare to add damage which is scales.  Both of these professions have diversity with weapon selection.  I'm happy for both of the improvements to RG and Templar.  It would be nice if we had something to augment the repetitiveness of dsl and not rely on just a 12 second tick of deathaura or the occasional limb shrivel.  Belch is negated by a minor skill in survival so no one has an excuse to fail due to hunger, especially with riftable food.

Diavlous was a beast, much like Malignist, years ago.  In the age of G-bot and years of classleads being balanced without it, the area of focus needs to shift.  These days, the average person doesn't crumble from fast afflictions and "overwhelm" doesn't work (Ie. Galt as renegade).  Basically, I'm just saying that people who play who are not advanced at scripting need viable kill methods that don't involve programming mathematical scripts into triggers to pull off multi-limb breaks when they can just go to another class and have a much easier time.

After playing around with multiple professions I can say that Demonic has the biggest learning curve over all.  Mainly because of my previously mentioned comment about years of classleads being applied before a standard server-side curing system was implemented.  The only "quick kills" are sneaking in instant kills on people who don't pay attention.  Ie. worm devour, daegger eliminate, hostage, to name a few.  Then there are the people who have so many artifacts they can kill off of straight damage that overwhelms healing despite being able to sip and eat toadstool.

Playing as a DK right now going with broadsword my kill methods are killing low health people with straight damage, setting up vivisect, or dual leg break leading into cleave.  Maybe things will be more dramatic on my end when I get a level 3 broadsword, but I don't feel that kill methods should be strictly limited to people who have artifacts.  Before standard curing, someone with no artifacts could defeat someone with artifacts because it was dependent on the healing systems made by individuals who were subject to lag spikes.  Survivability is through the roof these days and escape is easy.  

Just some ideas.
  • edited January 2013
    If anything, Gbot has made DK's better against the 'general' population. The reason you're having trouble with the class is because you are using broadswords. Broadswords aren't really an option for any of the Knight classes as far as I know, you're better off using either claymore or sabre. Also, these days, the average person does still crumble to affliction. Using Galt is a really bad example.
  • Iluv said:
    If anything, Gbot has made DK's better against the 'general' population. The reason you're having trouble with the class is because you are using broadswords. Broadswords aren't really an option for any of the Knight classes as far as I know, you're better off using either claymore or sabre. Also, these days, the average person does still crumble to affliction. Using Galt is a really bad example.
    I'm referring to spamming random afflictions, not quickly placed pre-planned ones. 

Also, I'm not having issues using broadsword.  I was pointing out that that DK should have more options than just dsl with active soulquench.
  • Having watched Septus leave a literal trail of vivisected corpses as DK, as well as firsthand experiencing some hilarious sabre + soulquench + sensitivity damage shenanigans, I'm going to disagree heartily that DK needs love. They beast.
  • edited January 2013
    Xeron said:
    Having watched Septus leave a literal trail of vivisected corpses as DK, as well as firsthand experiencing some hilarious sabre + soulquench + sensitivity damage shenanigans, I'm going to disagree heartily that DK needs love. They beast.
    I'm not arguing that, but that still leaning on sabre.  That is also still depending on setting up limb breaks and still requires someone to know how to build said limb tracker.  Now if the goal is to make being combat "viable" in the game require starting out with $1,000 and more than a beginner's knowledge in scripting, that's fine.  I was under the impression we were trying to attract new players, hence the invention of autocuring.

Edit: Also, using someone with a 1600 credit sabre isn't the best at setting a baseline for being able to use vivisect.
  • Sarrius said:
    AB BRUTALITY/CHIVALRY/WARDING/ETC TWIST.

Lets not homogenize an ability, please. Twist is fine in the two classes it goes in to. I think it is perfectly fine where it is.
    I couldn't help but notice this. You homogenized a class specific ability and ported it to AM. It made no sense being in druid. It makes sense being in knights and wardancers. It makes no sense that 2/3 of the game should be able to twist off an impale while the third cannot. It's a huge boon to team combat allowing for a hard cc and high burst damage. There is justification, both thematically and mechanically, to port it to a class in demonic.

@Luthyr: you can vivisect with any weapon. You just have to know the limb damage breaking point for that particular weapon.
  • edited January 2013
    Ahkan said:
    @Luthyr: you can vivisect with any weapon. You just have to know the limb damage breaking point for that particular weapon.
    Done.  Which is why I said I'm not having a problem with it. 

Edit: Actually made something that tracks breaking point with any weapon being used.  
  • Ahkan said:
    I couldn't help but notice this. You homogenized a class specific ability and ported it to AM. It made no sense being in druid. It makes sense being in knights and wardancers. It makes no sense that 2/3 of the game should be able to twist off an impale while the third cannot. It's a huge boon to team combat allowing for a hard cc and high burst damage. There is justification, both thematically and mechanically, to port it to a class in demonic.
    I don't mind knights having twist I guess, apart from it being sort of bland. Though do keep in mind that it won't be nearly as good for knights as it is for wardancers.
  • Dk is pretty sick. Tanks everything, nice utility with possession/bloodscent/observe etc. Can two limb vivisect anyone on g bot who doesn't restore with a dsl speed under 4 seconds, artifact sabres probably a waste if going the vivisect route (you can smith better if you're just trying to maximise speed/minimise their window to restore).

Not sure you really need a limb counter even (obviously makes it easier), but the new progressive limb damage messages are probably sufficient for a person at entry level to do well. I never really went the damage route so won't comment on how viable that is. Obviously that's something rg does much better, but I'm pretty sure I'd still rather play a dk over any of the three knight classes just because of vivisect. The other two knights are probably easier initially, but both of those are going to run in to the extreme tanks and just have no recourse.

• @Ahkan - I had wanted the skill in Bladedance since Bonding Beta. Ask any other tester who was present for any of the multiple times when I asked an exasperated Garryn why it was in a nature warrior class and not a graceful blademaster class. He told me to classlead it, because it seemed like a pretty solid and in theme idea.

As Juran said, it will not be nearly as good for you guys as it is for Wardancers. If you want to waste one report writing the report to ask for something that will be subpar, go right ahead!
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Ahkan said:
    There is justification, both thematically and mechanically, to port it to a class in demonic.

By that argument, monks should have kipup. :(
  • For all that is holy, please don't give monks kipup!

• We use kipup in our katas! It's established roleplay! There are both thematic and mechanical reasons for monks to have kipup.
  • The ability for shadowveils to accumulate shadowgems while I'm switched out of the Defiler profession.  The accumulation tops out at 60 possible shadowgems  anyway.  Please let me take advantage of the profession system and not keep me stuck in a profession with no resources when I want to do stuff.
  • Selthis said:
    The ability for shadowveils to accumulate shadowgems while I'm switched out of the Defiler profession.  The accumulation tops out at 60 possible shadowgems  anyway.  Please let me take advantage of the profession system and not keep me stuck in a profession with no resources when I want to do stuff.

While true, no resource replenishes off class. If I run my devotion to zero, it's still zero when I come back from being monk.
  • So change it entirely. Let all resources accumulate between profession swaps.