Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Currently when a predator breaks a limb, the line is:

Your sitara carves through meat and tendon, leaving your foe's limb mutilated.

It'd be nice if we could get this to include the actual limb name, to make it more straight forward with new people who don't necessarily want to have to track what limb they hit off of the line before the break, etc. Telling them to make one trigger is a bit less daunting than make triggers for all the attacks then track this variable off of your hits to reference when you actually break a limb, etc. Like

Your sitara carves through meat and tendon, leaving your foe's right arm mutilated.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2015
    Nvm.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Can we just make armguards have a cooldown period from hostility already, say like 5 minutes? I hate when I connect, get booted for some reason, then re log on and have to reapply defenses the long way again. This way we can reapply at any time but wouldn't be able to during combat.
  • Mathiaus said:

Can we just make armguards have a cooldown period from hostility already, say like 5 minutes? I hate when I connect, get booted for some reason, then re log on and have to reapply defenses the long way again. This way we can reapply at any time but wouldn't be able to during combat.

Use the self  harm timer imho.  Also, just give me 24 charges and let me use them at my leisure.  
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited March 2015
    Question, and a suggestion (maybe)...

When stocking my shop, I have to do:
     - put <longsword> in <shelf>
     - price <longsword> <price>

Is there a shorter syntax for this, and if not, can we get something like:
     - place <longsword> in <shelf> for <price>

Similarly...
     - put coal in forge
     - fire forge

Is there a shorter syntax for this, and if not, can we get:
     - fire forge [with coal]
  • Allow us to SMOKE LINSEED as opposed to actually having to use SMOKE PIPE LINSEED.

Customized guild pets should retain their customised status when you summon a new one >.>
  • Yasu said:

Customized guild pets should retain their customised status when you summon a new one >.>

I believe the reason that this doesn't happen is because the customization is applied to your specific pet - therefore, when your original one dies and you summon a new one, you are summoning a new replica number (e.g., icewyrm5678 rather than icewyrm1234) and so the changes cannot be carried forward.
    Yasu said:

Allow us to SMOKE LINSEED as opposed to actually having to use SMOKE PIPE LINSEED.  

Not sure why you have to manually smoke linseed at all - just toggle AUTOCURING REBOUNDING ON/OFF. 

The one thing that autocuring doesn't do is that it does not auto-refill pipes, and I know this is something people have been asking for but I suspect it's a bit more complicated than how vials and vialbelts work.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It would be nice if weaponlist showed the properties of weapons:

weaponlist flail
    Weapon                DMG  SPD +DAM Decay  Effects
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flail75497            110  172         35
    flail127735           110  177         34
    flail155596           110  172         34
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thanks @Jeremy.

FIRE FORGE WITH COAL
    This will take coal from your inventory to fire the forge. If you do just FIRE FORGE it will check the forge for coal.

TAP ARMGUARDS
    Renascent armguards now have a 5 minute cool down when used. You must also not make any agressive actions for 5 minutes before you can use them as well.

SMOKE <herb>
    You no longer have to have PIPE in the command. It will just look for the first pipe with that herb.

Changed the message for predators to show which limb is mutilated.
    Example: Your sitara carves through meat and tendon, leaving your foe's right arm mutilated.
  • Your sect's entity must create a new form for liturgical symbols to take in order for yours to be transformed.

Your sect's entity must create a new form for personal altars to take in order for yours to be transformed.

Can entity-less sects get a way to get set this form, too?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

Your sect's entity must create a new form for liturgical symbols to take in order for yours to be transformed.

Your sect's entity must create a new form for personal altars to take in order for yours to be transformed.

Can entity-less sects get a way to get set this form, too?

For now, this is something we are reserving for entities.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Why? 

You are never going to have enough active volunteers to fill out all the sects. Is there really a need to deprive the sects without entities of cool things like this?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Who writes the desc for the altar? The leader? Figure it's fine the way it is. 
  • A syntax to withdraw bids in auctions would be nice.
  • Arakis said:

A syntax to withdraw bids in auctions would be nice.

There is no withdrawing of bids! This is iBay! (ImperianBay? ImpBay?).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:

When I am mounted and I want to do something I can't do while mounted, can the game just automatically dismount me and do that thing? Maybe make it a config autodismount option if you think people would object to it too much?

Also getting the mount to follow when dismounting would be nice but not necessary.
  • Make summoning a lamia and using demon protect not aggressive, or at the very least doable at Charon. I know Summoners feel my pain.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Should summon/banish in noctu be blocked by peace? I can make an argument either way, really. Currently it is. Should switching tactics be counted as an aggressive action?
  • I don't feel that erecting monuments out of obsidian adequately expresses my commitment to bolstering the faith of the Leechwood. Alternative commodity choices would absolutely help my immersion - gold or silver maybe, since we basically have dragon's hoards of both lying around unused.

• edited April 2015
    Wysrias said:

I don't feel that erecting monuments out of obsidian adequately expresses my commitment to bolstering the faith of the Leechwood. Alternative commodity choices would absolutely help my immersion - gold or silver maybe, since we basically have dragon's hoards of both lying around unused.

I wouldn't dislike a way to offer gold/comms for extra faith either. Anything that helps drain resources without adding something back in terms of resources is a good fix.

Also, diminishing returns... You know y'all want it!

• Diminishing returns on what?

• Absurd damage. The diminishing returns that could by ex take place above 15 str/int (separate from class depending on numbers obviously). I wrote a post about it a while ago, theorycrafting but something to consider. Something needs to be done about the current situation though. While team-combat should be "quick" its really not very fun when the damage is up at +/- 50% maxhp. All it feeds is tears and acrobatic boots :P

• You can already sacrifice gold at an altar. I don't know the conversion rate off the top of my head, but I seem to remember speaking to someone(Risca?) about it being reasonable enough that blowing gold for a clutch sanctuary or something might be worth it depending on the situation.
  • The conversion from gold -> faith is 1:1. That's 42.15/55k per sanctuary.
  • Siath said:

Absurd damage. The diminishing returns that could by ex take place above 15 str/int (separate from class depending on numbers obviously). I wrote a post about it a while ago, theorycrafting but something to consider. Something needs to be done about the current situation though. While team-combat should be "quick" its really not very fun when the damage is up at +/- 50% maxhp. All it feeds is tears and acrobatic boots :P

While I can understand the frustration about high damage, this would never, ever fly, considering people have dropped thousands of dollars to get their characters to the point where they can just drop the hammer for 50 percent or more HP each round. 
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I guess the thing to remember is that the diminishing returns is already implemented (artifact price), just not in the way you imagine.
  • Oh I understand that, @Bathan. I just think that one has to remember the in many cases equal investment in defensive artifacts (bracelets, constitution, surcoat, ring of magicks bane, evasion/miniskills, resist rings, artie shields / armour). Somehow I think that when two titans clash with equal investment in offense / defense it should come down to smart play in some sense..But yes, its probably to ask for too much. Hopefully we will find a better approach.

-> Acrobatic boots (got them now so everything is in rainbows) ^_o.

• Dicene said:

You can already sacrifice gold at an altar. I don't know the conversion rate off the top of my head, but I seem to remember speaking to someone(Risca?) about it being reasonable enough that blowing gold for a clutch sanctuary or something might be worth it depending on the situation.

No, no, I meant actual gold commodities. Khandava has tens of thousands of these and that's not counting what's in the reserves. Obsidian sells for ten times the price because constructing shrines consumes so many.