Skip to content

Cairns

13»

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Shouldn't have even needed these changes/nerfs, honestly. Anybody whining about 'too fast XP' is just sour grapes that a better way to level was found. Bashing is so boring that it has made me completely uninterested in making or maintaining an alternate character, and it is also so boring that I thank my lucky stars that I did the Aspect grind before you changed achievement stacking.

We should have left them as insane EXP goldmines and told the vocal minority to quit complaining. Experience is meaningless besides to provide players with levels to have health and mana to get in to PvP. Anybody that claims that their bashing EXP or overall or Quest levels was a great achievement to them should probably review their expenditure of time.

Rankings never mattered. There's NO reward to being #1 Bashing or Quest, besides an extra centimeter in some invisible dickwaving contest about who wastes more time doing menial, mindnumbing actions over and over without cracking.

@Jeremy - the reason this little fad took off at such a breakneck pace and soared to meteoric heights is because bashing to Aspect is the most boring activity in this game. You should take that fact away from this experience and apply it elsewhere.

Edit: it is also a foregone conclusion that PK rankings don't matter either because we all know that list is skewed horribly by team fights.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Also scaled heavily with redemption.
  • Bathan said:

Imperian already requires an absurd amount of investment, in time, currency, willingness to create and adhere to a persona. Being able to sell a new player/convert from another MUD on the idea of 'so hey, you'll probably need to look into at least Iron Elite to be useful to your crew, but at least Aspect's super easy to get, so you can just hunt for achievements/gold, et cetera'  is a lot better than the current sales pitch. It's also not as if this is a regular feature. It's basically a community initiative. 

This is all true; I simply believe that there is a happy middle ground somewhere between "aspect in two hours of actual playtime with no actual gameplay or risk or expense required" and "months of miserable bashing".

Preferably a solution that doesn't require the mass purchase of cairns. Cairnae was never a forever thing and it was never a solution to this problem.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Was the two hours of playtime thing accurate? You could go 0-100 in two cycles of sanctifying? That wasn't my experience, though I didn't do it when it had reached a fever pitch over the weekend (since I'd already hit Aspect from bashing + numerous IG days of sanctifying).

Anyway, I think what everyone is saying about shortening the ramp to Aspect is on the money. The end-game is where the fun's at in Imperian, before that one simply gets squished repeatedly and it's discouraging.
    無駄だ!無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄無駄!ザ・ワールド!時よ止まれ!くらえ!そして、時は動き出す。
  • 2 hours of playtime, broken out to 10 minute minute increments per round of cairns.  
  • It took two RL days, but a little under three hours of play time. And that was with me being pretty on the ball about it. It was still super tedious and dull, but a massive improvement over the overwhelming awful that is bashing to aspect. 

• We are working on coming up with a way to power level second characters.

• CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Jeremy said:

We are working on coming up with a way to power level second characters.

Does this include being able to buy your character Aspect? Several people have talked about wanting this option (at least in the AM ring), but since Cairnae - I think everyone pretty much has Aspect...
  • Sounds to me like it'll just be for alts and not new players, since he said "second characters". So I'm thinking something along the lines of Aspect Perks that you buy with your already existing high level character for a decent chunk of gold+exp or some other currency.

But we'll see what they come up with! ;) 
  • We have a couple other projects we have to finish first, then I will come back around to it.