Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• If it makes you feel better, they'll be flavor items, with no PK impact whatsoever.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:

If it makes you feel better, they'll be flavor items, with no PK impact whatsoever.

If there are balloon hearts I am gonna cry... :(
  • Well at least there's that. I'm doomed to always miss weekend events. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Svorai did mention she'd be running Valentine's games (like she always does).
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited February 2015
    See, I don't mind as much. Real life stuff with my significant other is always more valuable than fictional, textual based code that's considered 'rare'.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Mathiaus said:

Real life stuff with my significant other

Some of us don't have any of those words in there.
    @Iniar this makes me feel like hugging Asians everywhere.
  • If there is a holiday (Hallmark or otherwise) coming up, you can always be certain @Svorai is going to host an event around that time, because she always has. I don't think it's necessary to warn people three weeks in advance about it.
  • The main reason I did not do more warning was because this year I wasn't really sure if I could commit to too much before this week. I didn't want to say "We are having games!" and then not show up. Last year I actually had a schedule packed filled with games, I announced it several weeks in advance, and I burned myself out doing it solo, it wasn't something I wanted to repeat. This time, if someone in the garden is around they are going to do a game or two. And I have plenty of prizes the games might last a little longer. We'll see.
  • Man, I am totally collecting all of those heart-shaped balloons and not sharing with anyone.  Then, I will strap them to my trusty mount Firebait (who will be totally fine with it, because horses love balloons!) and fly to the undiscovered southern continent with Eltarn, where we will meet a sentient Stymphalian bird who keeps stealing his pre-licked brownies.  Eltarn will befriend the charmingly griefy bird and together we will thwart an evil Lusternian from capturing all of the birds and taking them to Glomdor as ingredients for a new, more powerful stat enhancing food on his Aethership.  But first, we will have to deal with his speech-collared mammoth lackeys, who are fortunately easily distracted by vermin (and surprisingly light on their feet).  Firebait will become alpha mare and permanently overcome his/her fear of mammoths by eating too many of the silver apples that grow on trees in the new land, because he will be kind of a baddass bitch.  

It will all be in the events post though, so not to worry if you have plans this weekend!  To be honest though, I just want to be a robot with a built in laser cannon just like mom and my father's ability to clean up those trash heaps people leave around Aetherius.  Please make this happen.  
  • Jules said:

Eltarn will befriend the charmingly griefy bird and together we will thwart an evil Lusternian from capturing all of the birds and taking them to Glomdor as ingredients for a new, more powerful stat enhancing food on his Aethership.

I saw this and couldn't continue reading because my mind derailed into a panic loop at the concept of Lusternians in Achaea. Please don't merge Imperian with Lusternia, THAT IS NOT IMPROVING IMPERIAN.
  • Just wait until their tiny doll minions in adorable little coats taste Imperian blood... 
  • Iniar said:

@Ultrix and I got to talking, and it's very often that we end up not knowing what the last Message was about, so we'd like a way to contextualise messages. In the first instance, we would like a 'Sent Messages' folder, but knowing that could be a problem, we would like to suggest that each message sent out in "reply" would preferably append the first 30 characters of the message it replies to. I'm not sure how this would work out, but certainly, @Garryn and I often forget what we were talking about :D

Reiterating Iniar's and my request for a sent messages folder. Pretty please?   [-O< (this looked like a 'hope' smiley face, i hope i'm right about this!)
  • H:700/700 M:324/324 <eb db Bleed:0 Dev:100>  EXP29.35 referendum create for sect
    You need to specify who this Referendum should apply to. (CITY/COUNCIL/VILLAGE/GUILD/PUBLIC/CLAN)

Please fix.
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited February 2015
    Would it be possible to start a shop you've just taken control of on a clean slate? I would love to have some sort of syntax to remove everything from the shelves and start over so I can redo it exactly the way I like it. PURGE SHELF # CONFIRM or something and it would just remove all the designs or put all the items back into your inv.

As a side-note, streamlining the syntaxes would be immensely helpful too. You have like 3-4 headings for shop-related syntaxes (design, shop, shelf) and all shop-related syntaxes should be under the SHOP syntax list imo. The crazy syntaxes make shopkeeping a bit frustrating because they can be so unwieldy e.g. ADD DESIGN TO SHELF is under DESIGN syntax list... all the other syntaxes under there start with DESIGN so I end up doing DESIGN # ADD TO SHELF. Random stuff like that would be a huge QoL change. This is probably being requesting at a bad time considering the major coding stuff with smithing changes and so on, so I'm not expecting an overhaul or anything :)
  • 2015/02/17 00:00:02 - We've lost 200000 belief due to our leader's low activity.

As you have an active entity, the sect leader can only be replaced by that entity.

This is frustrating because I'm a member of Storms, which has an 'active' entity that we never see and who isn't doing anything that we can see but who's totally planning awesome things, guys, really. This is par for the course as far as entities go and, in and of itself, it is nothing special. Ultrix is upset about it, but I'm accustomed to the way your volunteers drop like mayflies.

My problem with this situation is that my entity has now become a mechanical liability. This is really stupidly frustrating because there is nothing we can do to resolve this situation; we're entirely dependent on Xuli being either active enough to replace him or inactive enough for us to replace him.

Please let us either contest an inactive leader when our entity is active or change it so that inactive leaders don't cost belief with an active entity, because getting stuck in this kind of situation is really frustrating.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2015
    I'm more curious what 'low activity' constitutes. I thought that penalty was for legitimately inactive (taken off rankings) people.

Not to mention Xuli is active, she just spoke on our sect channel recently. Why is a sect losing belief to full-mortal governance penalties when it has an active entity?
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • The leader/overall activity levels apply regardless of entity status.  There is one check for total sect player minutes per day and one check for the number of player minutes per day for the mortal leader.  They are moving averages and were set to their max level when I first announced the changes.  They are meant to be fairly easy to maintain so long as you have an active membership and active leader, but are more than the dormancy check for taking people off rankings.  Obviously this is a bigger commitment for the leader, but if a sect is getting the penalty for a leader it's encouraging the leader to either be online more, or step down for someone with more time.  Right now, that's about 40 minutes per day average to be considered an "active" leader.  This has been ok for the large majority of sects, but if it turns out to be not quite right, it could be adjusted.

As it is an average number tied to the sect, if the average gets too low it will take a few days to restore to acceptable levels.
    edited February 2015
    I would personally set it weekly, not daily. People have to work :P
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It's a moving average.
  • It would be nice if there was an age or rank restriction added for collecting bounties. This would prevent people coping out on bounties (myself included) by recruiting non-coms or even getting friends to roll alts to get rid of bounties. It would be interesting if some similar dynamic could be added for cashing in on assassination contracts like having to be pk level 25 before you can.
  • Not sure if this is even vaguely possible, but a way to force a configuration of wrapwidth/page breaks for help files.

• CONFIG PAGELENGTH and CONFIG WRAPWIDTH both impact help file display.

Some older helpfiles are written with manual line endings at 80 characters, but new helpfiles are written without these manual line endings so as to wrap conveniently with whatever pagelength is used.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:

CONFIG PAGELENGTH and CONFIG WRAPWIDTH both impact help file display.

Some older helpfiles are written with manual line endings at 80 characters, but new helpfiles are written without these manual line endings so as to wrap conveniently with whatever pagelength is used.
    I was trying to make up a pretty chart for plants, locations and their appropriate months.

Is there some trick to getting these to look right across a variety of displays?
  • edited February 2015
    Ah, I see, you want a way to force other players to view a particular help file in your preferred display format. No, that isn't something we'll be supporting.

No, there isn't a trick to make tables display well in all wrapwidths. As a rule of thumb, we try to make them work with default (79) and up. It's difficult for us to support anything less than that.
  • I feel like I used to know this but I can't remember now.  How does the Warhorn work with waves?
  • Selthis said:

I feel like I used to know this but I can't remember now.  How does the Warhorn work with waves?

From HELP ASSEMBLY PIECES: In the event it is a spawnwave area, it will reset the spawnwaves. However, if the spawnwave is on the final wave (the boss wave), the area will not reset. In other words, kill the boss, then blow the horn.

What this actually means:  It finds any spawnwaves associated with the given area, and resets them back to the beginning of that spawnwave.
  • So just to be sure I'm clear, it resets them back to the the start of the current wave. So if I'm on wave 4 and blow it, it will reset it back to wave 4.  Not wave 1? And if the boss is dead, it will reset it back to 1 immediately.
  • Selthis said:

So just to be sure I'm clear, it resets them back to the the start of the current wave. So if I'm on wave 4 and blow it, it will reset it back to wave 4.  Not wave 1? And if the boss is dead, it will reset it back to 1 immediately.

That's what it looks like to me mostly based on comments in the code, but I'm not all that familiar with the spawnwave code so it's possible I'm incorrect.