Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• Or...just. "Hey, let's not!" 

We can be mildly entertaining at one another without being blatantly OOC. It's really not that challenging. 
  • edited February 2015
    Krysaliss said:

Or...just. "Hey, let's not!" 

We can be mildly entertaining at one another without being blatantly OOC. It's really not that challenging. 

Krysaliss said:

You're right, especially in logs. We'll talk about it.

Krysaliss said:

^ Krysaliss didn't say that, I did... I don't know why it made me quote her on my own statement.

(Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."
    (Ring): Lartus says, "Then it exploded."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Krysaliss said:

Or...just. "Hey, let's not!" 

Krysaliss said:

You're right, especially in logs. We'll talk about it.

Krysaliss said:

^ Krysaliss didn't say that, I did... I don't know why it made me quote her on my own statement.

Another Imperator fail? I kid, I kid!
  • I do fail :(
    (Ring): Lartus says, "I heard Theophilus once threw a grenade and killed ten people."

(Ring): Zsetsu says, "Everyone's playing checkers, but Theophilus is playing chess."
  • Whining about a log comment of "Jesus, man" when you're dealing with something as inherently OOC as accidental guard deaths is right up there with "soul aeon" and "my soul keeps being summoned away" in terms of awfulness.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Ahkan said:

It bears pointing out that just a week ago Krysallis was railing against the pk elitism. Now we're froth mouthing about rp elitism because a dude used one word improperly in a city log that nobody reads. If we were good roleplays, we'd kick Theophilius out of Stavenn as the traitor that he is and cycle in the next victim. In other news, the rp blight (perceived) dredges on with no end in sight. Scientists are studying the effects of divine choirs associated with in the rise and fall of various types of undergarments.Could this be the turning point of the rpocalypse? Only time will tell. Tune in next week at 5, 6, and 8 for your updates.

I'm just carrying on the tradition of the Empire, killing anybody who undermines the authority of the almighty Imperator of Stavenn. That guard back-talked me.

• Important question: did you win?
  • Septus said:

Important question: did you win?

I got impaled, electrocuted, and decapitated both times.

I'm not the almighty Imperator. I just wear the crown and pretend to be.

Important question: did you win the KOTH? ;)

• No, but I blame the Stavennite on my team. She forgot her weapons.

A pattern! (It was fun gj)

• No, but I blame the Stavennite on my team. She forgot her weapons.

A pattern! (It was fun gj)

Shou stands triumphant, the winner of the King of the Hill in the Coliseum.

Strike two, my friend. :)

• The man's a machine.

A MACHINE!

• Khizan said:

Septus' problem in KOTH games is that he forgets the winner is determined by control of the hills and not by who has the highest kill count. Left alone, he'll end up with 50 kills, 2 deaths, and zero points. 

He didn't even get to kill me though. It was a fun time.
  • Seraphyne concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Bard.
    A feeling of peace and well being overcomes you.
    Anger floods your mind, preventing you from getting pacified.
    A feeling of anticipation and dread overcomes you.
    Pain floods you as the power of the We note strikes you.
    H -47 [8.7%] [55]
    Bileshroud hit Seraphyne.
    You feel a wave of sickness wash over you.
    aff+ claustrophobia
    def- caloric salve
    H -60 [11.0%] [70]

Seraphyne concentrates briefly on a sketch of a Bard.
    A feeling of peace and well being overcomes you.
    aff+ peace
    You feel a wave of sickness wash over you.
    aff+ masochism
    aff+ stupidity
    H -47 [8.7%] [55]
    A sudden piercing tone tears through your being, and a strange craving overcomes you.
    aff+ addiction
    aff+ impatience
    H -73 [13.4%] [85]

I always made jokes about classleads ending up like this. I didn't know it was actually going to happen. I don't think it would be so bad without peace-spam, but damn. Revoke classlead privs.
  • Ahkan said:

I always made jokes about classleads ending up like this. I didn't know it was actually going to happen. I don't think it would be so bad without peace-spam, but damn. Revoke classlead privs.
    Bard has been like this for a year, you can hardly be surprised.
  • CD was waaaay longer
  • You can tell how everyone who posts in classleads has a PHD in game design and looks at everything through purely objective lenses. That's why this game's so beautifully balanced at all times!
  • edited February 2015
    @Iniar should help to write all the flavour stuff. All the :3 faces that'd inevitably get included would surely help to brighten up peoples' moods!

' :3:3 You have been slain by <person>. :3:3 '
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2015
    I am the worst and I love emoticons. :|

e: words have a tough time trying to express me fast enough :3
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • @gurn

The h is lowercase
  • @Gurn

Now that I'm out of class, Juran is half-correct, bard was always able to do this. However, it was very limited because you'd play yourself into no free resonance and you couldn't do -anything- useful. It was just a one and done gimmick that was followed by nothing and was bad.The situation is reversed now where you're eating 4-6 afflictions every 3rd or 4th combination and this just strengthens itself when you've got cruel-lament out (which you should). It's really just a bad design and too many overlapping mechanics.

A quick fix would be to remove pacifism from the aff pool. (could be a secondary aff like if vertigo  or  reckless pacifism)
    Remove any sort of masked afflictions (includes curses blight, but w/e)
    A follow up fix would be to spread the afflictions out over words/combinations longer. (Longer build up, makes it a reasonable pay off) 
    And you should probably math at the cooldowns because there's really no sacrifice here. They're all good all the time.

Classleads are rarely based in facts  or empirical evidence, it's mostly just perception of imbalance (the great incinerate nerf of 2014).  It doesn't take  an advanced degree (or even a bachelors) to look at the ratio  of affs/time or damage/time with bards (bloodfreeze, old  bellow) and realize that something is off there. It's  sort of like when you could trigger off of pacifism and no one could attack back while they died. You and the admin defended that decision too :D You later reneged (enter perception) when it was used against you.
  • I didn't read half your post because it was too long, but I'm going to respond like I did anyway and claim that peace was totally balanced when I was using it, but it's unfair when people use it against me.

Also, any profession I use should be buffed a lot and any profession @Septus uses should be nerfed. because he's way too good with any profession. Literally anything he touches should be nerfed.

Ahkan, you're attacking me personally and just triggered paranoia and dementia on me and you're violating forums rule 1. :(

P.S. Hunters should get axestun back, but faster this time.
  • Rylaeis said:

@Iniar should help to write all the flavour stuff. All the :3 faces that'd inevitably get included would surely help to brighten up peoples' moods!

' :3:3 You have been slain by <person>. :3:3 '

I regret showing @Iniar the :3 face. I get it -ALL- the time now.
  • edited February 2015
    On CT.. @iniar started it.

6 ) (2015/02/07 01:22) Iniar: "Hey Theo."
    7 ) (2015/02/07 01:22) Theophilus: "Yes, Iniar?"
    8 ) (2015/02/07 01:22) Iniar: "We should have a rhyming day."
    9 ) (2015/02/07 01:22) Iniar: "Where we spoke in nothing by rhyme."
    10) (2015/02/07 01:23) Iniar: "And stick to it, or eat a lime."
    11) (2015/02/07 01:23) Theophilus: "That sounds like a good idea. You may want to speak to
    our Director of Culture about it."
    12) (2015/02/07 01:23) Iniar: "It should go on time after time."
    13) (2015/02/07 01:23) Iniar: "Indeed."
    14) (2015/02/07 01:23) Theophilus: "Oh, the day begins now? I am afraid my ability to rhyme is quite foul."
    15) (2015/02/07 01:24) Theophilus: "I did not come from Kinsarmar, I come from the demons.So I think this idea is silly for some reason."
    16) (2015/02/07 01:25) Iniar: "Silliness is oft ignored. But without it, I'd get bored."
    17) (2015/02/07 01:25) Theophilus: "You could always go to Kinsarmar for rhymes and whores. And perhaps a few tales of silly folklore."
    18) (2015/02/07 01:26) Iniar: "While you're there, you'll pick up sores. The kind that sting and itches even more."
    19) (2015/02/07 01:27) Iniar: "But I think I'd stay here afore, trade sores for weapons galore."
    20) (2015/02/07 01:27) Theophilus: "Perhaps this should be posted on the poetry news board. To let the world know about our org."
    (Stavenn): Iniar says, "I feel like Kinsy would take offense, although they lack the commonest sense."
    (Stavenn): Iniar says, "A little water, a little whey, would make their sores go away."

• IniarIniar Australia

Water filters into the room as Jules, riding an armoured battle stallion named Firebait, moves gracefully in from the northeast.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • He's named in honor of the time I accidentally lured all of Ithaqua's wolves into Calais' campfire thing and then left :P.  Accidentally (but really, it was).