Skip to content

Client Pics

124»

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Hrm, I hadn't thought about it that way.  We'd probably still have a more beautiful and complete map (I'm noticing that even the high speed people here either have the somewhat broken one that downloads to mudlet, or have tapped into the ANSI one you can turn on in game) from a crowdmap, but yeah, I guess wormholes would be out.

EDIT:  I don't like the way that smilie looks at me.  
  • @Kabaal : Why not just show what afflictions they have, rather than showing every aff possible? :/
  • When I was first learning to code, Kabaal's system had stacked folders that included every possible toxin combination/offensive action he might ever wish to use. He could open and close sets of folders with an alias. The number of aliases he had was -mind blowing-. I don't think it's possible to comprehend the neurosis that drives his coding style. :P
  • edited January 2015
    Khizan said:

@Kabaal : Why not just show what afflictions they have, rather than showing every aff possible? :/
    Because it keeps the display static. I would rather use the UI space to make sure that I can quickly grab the information I want than spend it on other things. It took me a lot of internal wrestling to decide if I wanted to go with 7 or 8 for the font size, but I sacrificed the extra space for the readability.

E- I have no idea why it's saying that Khizan said that. I really am awful at foruming.

E2 - And I can't make it go away. D:
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Kabaal I compromised. I always displayed the lock affs, then afflictions depending on profession, then append any left overs. Otherwise (for me), there's just too many to follow.

I find that it's easy to know it's time to push for a lock, when it's time to push for a specific strat (infirmities) and when your stacks are working, without needing to see all the other affs. :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited January 2015
    if #target_affs >= <number> then
        <whateverConsole>:setFontSize(#)
    elseif #target_adds >= <other number> then
        <whateverConsole>:setFontSize(#)
     etc
    end

It's not like your GUI is something you should be spending a lot of time looking at in combat :/

(My opninion. Merely making suggestions.)
  • @Iniar Data summaries are going in next, along with the other derived info.

@Rylaeis Suggestions are welcome! Also, I agree :D Which is why I'm making it the way I am.

To reiterate: It's not about constantly looking at my UI. It's about knowing I can quickly grab info I might need in combat. Since it's organized by cures, I can quickly get a vague idea of their overall status by looking at the colors. If I want to know whether they have a specific affliction or condition, I know where it's at without having to read through the rest of data.

Like I said when I posted: It's busy. It's only going to get worse :D