Skip to content

Do MUDders Dream of Text Sheep?

edited October 2012 in The Real Life
I play Imperian extensively. So extensively, in fact, that I've actually occasionally had dreams about the game. Just last night, I had a dream that I was talking to a friend in Imperian, and @Kryss opens up a fiery portal and somehow pulls them through into Ithaqua, and I'm flipping out because I've never seen that happen before.

What about the rest of you? Ever had any IRE dreams?

Comments

• I've never dreamed of anything specific to the game (like characters or instances) but I have dreamed in text before where whatever might have been happening in the dream was color coded like my screen and I was inputting commands to do whatever.

I always wake up thinking, "What the hell is wrong with me" when that happens though.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • I don't recall any dreams about this game though I have something semi-related.

I've had times where I've played Imperian for quite a lengthy period without sleeping such as getting aspect and various bashing events. I find that what happens to me is I start thinking only in text and text commands. It's horrible and requires sleep to cure. As in: relax insomnia, lie on bed, sleep. See what I mean! :[

• Yes! I know exactly what you mean. I've even said "SAY" before I said something to somebody before because my mind was so ingrained with Imperian at the moment.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • I've never done that, but I remember back in high school I was asked to say the blessing at my house before supper and I blurted out my lunch number instead :(

• I've had a couple dreams before of the game, but it was me in front of my screen as if I were actually playing the game.

Recently with me putting in tons of hours over this new Event thing going on, I've suffered post Imperian stress at work. I work for an insurance company and the other day I saw the word coins on a claim summary. Couldn't figure out what they meant by coins, thinking as in gold coins.

Finally realized it mean co-insurance. Coins is the abbreviation for co-insurance in our company. Like, you know, something I see and deal with almost every phone call all day long. *facepalm*
    With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."
  • when i bash for hours at a time it makes me go into imperian mode completely, anything else i try to do ends up resulting in me typing in imperian commands
  • I had a dream where I saw the letters CULT APPROVED in flashing orange in front of a black screen. When I woke up and logged in, my cult was approved :<
  • Oh boy...I played Achaea a bit over 4 years now and I would often dream in text, think everything in text and even try and do emotes in public it got so bad. Similar to what Kryss was stating about the relax insomnia, lie on bed, sleep thing....I am just waiting for that to happen again!