Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I think that was one of the artifact descriptions I asked our awesome new volunteers to write. Definitely doesn't look like one of the ones I wrote! The game is definitely better off now that I don't write the descriptions.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • It's a pretty good description.  Your volunteer did a good job!

As an aside, since you're here @Eoghan, the axe doesn't actually count as any sort of weapon.  The thing is, this means a person cannot decapitate with it, could this possibly be fixed at all?
    Today we shall die.
  • No, that's deliberate.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • That's a shame!  Oh well.  It still bleeds cool, thanks for including it in the game.
    Today we shall die.
  • if target.race:("Dryad") then
      axe.decapitate = true
    else
      axe.decapitate = false
    end
  • Fun fact: I (very) briefly considered suggesting that Dryads be required to tie themselves to a tree, and have negatives if the tree was attacked.
  • 91->95 in one day. 

From someone who has never, never, never bashed higher than 93 in a decade of Imperian. 

Pardon me while I go collapse now. 
  • I saw this and it made me think of Eldreth instantly. I figure if anyone would appreciate it,it would be him.

• Hey man...he had 16 carries in the game. He only had 8 the -entire regular season-. He had to carry the load in more ways than one.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    Hey man...he had 16 carries in the game. He only had 8 the -entire regular season-. He had to carry the load in more ways than one.
    Doubling his season numbers in a single game has gotta be a lot of extra pressure.  But I didn't think it'd manifest that way.
  • edited January 2015
    If you wish to suffocate a miniature tanari then find another way to do it!

It's my miniature tanari! I should be able to suffocate it as I please!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Picking shard boogers off the face of the mountain.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Life.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • My forum avatar is ready-made for the phrase "I moustache you a question".  Also, Kabaal, you have just ruined shard harvesting for me forever, you dirty magicker or demoner or whatever you are.  
  • I heart Druid beating the shit out of things. DRUID MAD. DRUID SMASH.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Finally breaking open my original copy of D&D purchased for $2 bucks, forcing my kids to play a tabletop. Getting to watch my daughter enact the brutal slaughter of a fire beetle by her thief, with sound effects and all. 

Also, mini chicken and waffles are awesome. 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Old perks, like 10 credits on mother's/father's day or giving out stockings that give random gifts every Imperian year. It's little stuff like that I miss but really enjoyed.
  • I wish we got stockings this year. I hate the way the giftbag deliveries are working. I'd rather just a daily login small prize than a 'idle for hours' small prize you may or may not get.
  • You mean the little gimmicks the game made up to pretend it cared? Yeah, that was much cooler than the corporate oompaloompa that we're rocking out to now.

I miss when they pretended to care.
  • I liked the troggle giveaway

do a quest each day for 21 days and you get it

decent quest experience

I thought that was fun!
  • I dig that sort, a little effort for your reward is fine by me. 

The player appreciation promos aren't entirely wholesome, mind. I could have played for a very long time without ever buying a single credit. Then I won a pretty decent amount of credits from a game event and it was all downhill from there.

I could buy a very nice car for what I've spent on IRE games. Possibly two. 

• If it makes you feel better I dropped about a hundred bucks on phylacteries over the break even after ranting that there was no point. :(

• It does slightly, cuz I've totally been there. :P
  • We will do some more of these soon. We semi stopped doing them because people stopped really participating in them as much. In particular the weekday specific ones.

• @Teravi, of all people, getting an amber pendant in a phylactery, and giving it to me for free, and the subsequent unfortold sexiness that accompanies all of my tells now.

I heart the wriggling suspicion that this was somehow orchestrated to stop my constant bitching about the assembly pieces. Go team Imperian!
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • edited January 2015
    This. It has Qbert! And a ridiculous number of other forms of awesome.

Edit: Qbert is on speed and unplayable, but still. 
  • I <3 whoever is/was playing the Cleric Guard in Antioch. You completely caught me off guard and it was pretty neat, especially seeing other people get into it. Thank you!