Skip to content

I'm back!!! Sorta

I've been gone for nearly 3+ years and obviously alot of things have changed and whyte's is probably not even near usable anymore. That being said, I'm not a greenhorn coder and know my way around mudlet a little bit. So I've a few questions:

1) How does one see GMCP values in mudlet?
2) Ties in with the first, is it actually possible to see GMCP values?
3) Are there any systems out there available for free/purchase that are up to date with the new changes (And i'm not talking about autocuring, although props to admin for making that)?

Please feel free to either respond back in the thread or even talk to me in game. Hopefully I can get some decent answers.

Comments

• After you turn gmcp on you can 'lua display(gmcp)' from the command prompt or just 'display(gmcp)' from and alias. This will just let you see the values if you want to do something with them the variable is global and is 'gmcp' (if you didn't pick that up from the other two commands).
  • Curing-wise, autocuring is better than just about any system you could buy as long as you tweak the priorities.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited January 2015
    Good to know. I'll see about coding myself something to work then. Seems I'm not back 2 days and some people already wanna kill me. lol
  • Edmund said:
    After you turn gmcp on you can 'lua display(gmcp)' from the command prompt or just 'display(gmcp)' from and alias. This will just let you see the values if you want to do something with them the variable is global and is 'gmcp' (if you didn't pick that up from the other two commands).
    Echoing what Edmund said, some of the more helpful top-level gmcp variables include:

gmcp.Room 

gmcp.Char.StatusVars

gmcp.Char.Items

Note that all of these will have sub-variables (e.g., gmcp.Room.Info) that will give you more useful information as well.