Skip to content

Would you attend IronCon June 7th-9th?

Location: A private 'tropical' estate a 5-10 minute cab ride from the Las Vegas strip. It's got multiple pools, multiple hot tubs, a water slide, a separate 'game house' with formal poker table, big screens, pool table, and is absolutely gigantic and impressive in general. You can see the property here: http://www.vrbo.com/314647

What Happens At IronCon?: This isn't a typical convention. Think of it more as a meet that's organized by Iron Realms than a typical Con. The festivities would kick off here Friday early evening and go until late, then pick up again the next afternoon and go until late. Play poker or pool! Geek out with board games and competitive video games. Enter a contest, lounge in the pools and hot tubs. Hang out and chat with the various Gods and IRE employees that will be there. And of course, you're free to head off with a group to hit the town any time too. 

Cost: $100. What's Included: 200 bound credits on the character of your choice, the estate and its amenities, snacks, drinks on-site (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), a commemorative t-shirt and general fun for the weekend. 

What's Not Included: Transportation to Vegas or within Vegas, your hotel room (though we will set up a group rate at one of the convenient nearby hotels), full meals (though we'll be providing lots of snacks). If you share a room with someone, you should be able to get decent rooms on the Strip for about $60/person/night.

Please note: This event is not finalized yet. It may not even happen. This is a hypothetical question at the moment to help us decide whether we can afford to do this or not. Unless you're pretty sure you'd be able to come, please don't select the 'yes' option.

Comments

• You know you want to!

• I probably won't want to see most of the players there, because they all scare me, but I enjoy bugging my favorite gods.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Matt will be there this year. He is a good time. He has promised to be the first one to jump into the water from something a little too high.

• I'll go. Just to attempt to beat someone at poker, and to meet all of you fine folks.
  • I'd go, if I lived closer and had the money to justify going.
  • I'd like to go and see a lot of the Garden people since I've always been interested in doing things behind-the-scenes with the game. Have you bounced the idea off the Garden folks from Imperian yet to see if any of them will be coming? While I'd be interested in going to see other players, like any convention it's the bonus people I'd like to see.
    With a steady hand, Aosoth batters you with an orb sigil.
    You say, "Ow."
    You say to Aosoth, "Bitch."
    Aosoth blinks.
    You exclaim, "That hurt!"
    Lord Aosoth, of the Thirst says to Caelya, "I bring out the best in people."
  • Apoloc and I already have a vacation planned for that time. So we will not be going!
  • IF I somehow get an awesome job and can afford to do it (and talk my wife into letting me go or coming with me and spending the weekend with my two daughters in a hotel room in Vegas o.O)... gladly.

However, I don't see that happening. But we'll see.
  • edited November 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind. Probably can go.
  • My girlfriend and I would be down to come show you nerds how to throw down
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I will put my poker face on just for you guys!
  • Wow, this poll has much different results than the one in Achaea.

I voted in that one so I'll not muddy the results. I think it could be a fun weekend in Vegas, and I'd be flying out from the southeast coast. Round trip flights are pretty cheap for Vegas.
  • Ewwww. I have to play with the other IRE's?

Better bring my plastic bubble.

Otherwise, I don't see why not. I'd love to get my best creeper on for Jeremy, Jesse, and Garryn.

And if Sarc shows up I'll have to beat his ass then share a drink. You know, to make IG become RL.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Quite impossible to take a break from work on a weekend in June.
  • If it wasn't for the Atlantic I'd be there for sure.
  • I'd love to go, but I don't see me going without Alondra, and I don't foresee the money coming up on me suddenly to be able to afford it like I would want to.
  • edited November 2012
    As long as my job and finances work out then I'll definitely go.
  • Sounds like an awesome time. Would be nice to make it but it'd be impossible to afford lol.
  • It's a good initiative and I'm sure the people that can attend will have a really good time. Just look at that frickin estate for one! I however can't due to work and the long trip I'd have to take to get there.
  • I know Shay's player and I wll be there if it happens.
  • Lemuela said:
    I'd like to go and see a lot of the Garden people since I've always been interested in doing things behind-the-scenes with the game. Have you bounced the idea off the Garden folks from Imperian yet to see if any of them will be coming? While I'd be interested in going to see other players, like any convention it's the bonus people I'd like to see.
    Yeah, we are inviting all of the gods from all of the games as well. We expect 20 to 30 of them to come.

• Going to be awesome. You guys better sign up soon. Only a few tickets left!

• Again, I am not really 100% sure about anything that far in advance, right now, and if I have the money and time, I probably would. 
  • My vote changed when the timing for tickets, and the announcement of limited availability, fell just as the holidays tapped my reserves.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • We will have 25 more next month. Will let you know what day they open up on.

• I would love to go! But I think you should have it in Nashville, TN next time so I can :P
  • If its in Nashville, I could go. I'm close enough there I could drive up.

• I wanted to go also, but not knowing that many people can, is a little frightening for me. It is a long way to go, and maybe not know a soul....
  • Delrayne said:
    If its in Nashville, I could go. I'm close enough there I could drive up.
    This, only for me it's down.  Looking at all these Nashville posts though I suggest a Nashville meet around the same time. We could attend by proxy via skype or something.
  • Haha, IRE should rent out the Fedex Forum(or is that in memphis) so we can have Freeforall's, Bloodbaths, etc...