Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I believe what I was trying to convey was misplaced, sadly.
  • Mathiaus said:
    It's not nearly as much fun without Cruel Lament, is it?
  • edited November 2014
    Juran said:
    Mathiaus said:
    To be fair, he probably has just about as much passive offense in diabolist as bard.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Cassius said:
    Juran said:
    Mathiaus said:
    To be fair, he probably has just about as much passive offense in diabolist as bard.
    See we talk about things like Aakrin's terrible classleads and I think this guy is alright, and then you say nerfed nightmare ticks are comparable to bard passives. 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    It's alright. I know when to take a joke and when someone is obviously throwing disdain my way.
  • edited November 2014
    No, I'm just saying I hate passive offenses/defenses in general. It just also happens these are also the classes Mathiaus plays/enjoys.
  • Gimme an emote balance so I can um ... roleplay ... while garroting things.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited November 2014
    Not passive like xeroderma and masked affs in assassin right? Or passive like root choke and strength earthsong?

Later Imperian off to do more 2's on my fresh 100! I finally got aspect on WoW!
  • edited November 2014
    Menoch said:

Not passive like xeroderma and masked affs in assassin right? Or passive like root choke and strength earthsong?

Later Imperian off to do more 2's on my fresh 100! I finally got aspect on WoW!
    I didn't say they were the only classes that had them. They are a thing. I just don't really care for them. Passive transfixes and disrupts kinda top that food chain for me.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Kabaal said:
    Gimme an emote balance so I can um ... roleplay ... while garroting things.
    Have you seen the new Emote Tokens? 
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Kabaal said:
    Gimme an emote balance so I can um ... roleplay ... while garroting things.
    Have you seen the new Emote Tokens? 
    Nope!
  • We've discussed removing balance from custom emotes and adding a cooldown many times, and have ultimately decided it isn't something we're going to do. The closest thing that will be available is the Emote token, which allows individual vetted no-balance emotes.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Eoghan said:
    We've discussed removing balance from custom emotes and adding a cooldown many times, and have ultimately decided it isn't something we're going to do. The closest thing that will be available is the Emote token, which allows individual vetted no-balance emotes.
    Can I ask why? I'm assuming it's because of potential for illusions, but I was curious.
    The tokens are cool, though. A pay for perk thing that doesn't make me retch!
  • That is the primary reason.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Why can't custom emotes just be put on a violence cool down like self harm is? I suppose it's a moot point now, but I'm curious.

• edited November 2014
    That is something we considered. Ultimately, a number of factors (some technical) led to the decision to leave them as-is.

I don't really get the big deal anyway?
     You say, "This is much harder than just being a normal person."
  • This is unlikely with Matt and Jeremy's love of rolling around in piles of the players' tear-soaked money, but it would be nice if you considered dropping the cost of artifact vials since not only do Imperian vials hold less sips, the invention of artifact vialbelts makes their decay less critical.
  • Would be nice to have a system message for a queued item going through.

Example - 
    (On balance and eq)
    DSL UNDEAD added to your EQBAL queue.
    Queue: Sending DSL UNDEAD.
    (DSL Message)

Or something less ugly.
  • edited November 2014
    I think that'd be a cool addition. As a a workaround, touch things. Example: "queue eqbal touch amnesia\touch dsl_start\dsl Gjarrus hemotoxin metrazol\touch dsl_end" It's not a pretty solution, but it works. You'll see "You have no dsl_start." and "You have no dsl_end." to help guide your triggers.

Edit: Also, gonna go IDEA a command to silently echo something to yourself. That way we have a real way to send information to ourselves in situations where that information might not be echo'd. Like if you queue basilisk triggers and want to see information about what was triggered that isn't provided in the 1p message.
  • With a lightning-quick motion, you slash a sulphurous steam wraith with a Dreadscythe Claymore.
    You have scored a staggering blow!
    Damage dealt: 24 Remaining: 0.00%
    Adrenaline flows in your veins and your wounds hurt less.
    With a final shriek, a sulphurous steam wraith implodes leaving a trace of fine yellow powder which scatters to the ground. The final blow is too much, you have slain a sulphurous steam wraith. With a final shriek, the stream wraith implodes, leaving a trace of fine yellow powder which scatters to the ground.
    You gain 2504 experience.
    You pick up a small pile of wraith sulphur and sulphur crystals.
    --> You appear to have caused an untrapped error in the code. Please don't execute this command again right now.

what did I doooo T-T
  • Dicene said:
    Snip
    The workaround is nice, and I should have thought of that :(

The idea of a server echo could do what I want while being more versatile, as well.
  • edited November 2014
    @Arakis: That error was fixed, just didn't post about it at the time.
    @Gjarrus and @Dicene: Adding in a "THINK" command shortly. It isn't a flat echo, so it isn't that much more useful than touch, but a flat echo command feels silly to me.
    @Arakis: No planned changes for artifact vials at this time.
    @Oystir: That doesn't solve the issues of emoting while moving, etc. Luckily, emote tokens allow you to solve that issue for your more commonly used custom emotes!
  • JuranJuran Ohio
    edited November 2014
    I always used the autocuring health priority for that, because autocuring commands were immune to stupidity.

Each group of commands sent by the client would iterate up the health priority variable by one and add the contents of what it sent to an indexed table equal to that number. When the 'Health curing threshold set to (%d+)' message was received, it knew everything else in that index that had not already resolved never would and then reissued all of those commands again immediately.

Edit: Unless your fancy new think command also ignores stupidity and always works, my method is still better.
  • Juran said:

Edit: Unless your fancy new think command also ignores stupidity and always works, my method is still better.

Stupidity can block it. I also can't operate the forums.
  • The only commands that ignore stupidity are QUEUE and AUTOCURING.
  • Then I'm going to say again that a configurable on/off message for the queue being clear would be nice. For now, I'm just going to work sort of off Juran's idea and append "autocuring assume eqbalqueue" etc to everything and clear the queues on my end on that message since I can throw whatever string I want in there.
  • Yeah, obviously my method only works if you don't rely on autosipping to survive.
  • I get that money is important and such, but why is it that I could buy new artifact powers on anything in my inventory but combining my existing artifacts into neat little boxes to reduce inventory clutter would cost me ~$75?
  • At the end of the day, using artifacts as powers (including for consolidation) is a vanity purchase. A small fee per-item for vanity purchases isn't unreasonable.