Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• @Cassius that is how it was explained not so long ago.

• Velion said:
    I would like to see VBELT SUMMARY show which vials, if any, are connected to each elixir/salve/toxin.
    This was covered on p. 55 of this thread in more detail; you can use the TOXIN, SALVE, ELIXIR keyword after ELIXLIST or VBELT SUMMARY to get a shortened summary of what you have. And vials are not connected to vialbelts - as long as you have the vial in your inventory with some fluid, the vial will refill out of your vialbelt provided you have the necessary refills in your vialbelt. It doesn't matter how you obtained the vial in the first instance (e.g., tapped from vbelt slot or someone gave it to you, etc.)
  • VelionVelion California, USA
    That wasn't my point. My point is that ELIXLIST being separate requires you to code for the entire elixlist and capture the vial #'s which isn't hard, but totally just more work than it should be.
  • Velion said:
    That wasn't my point. My point is that ELIXLIST being separate requires you to code for the entire elixlist and capture the vial #'s which isn't hard, but totally just more work than it should be.
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do here. Why do you need to track the vial number at all? Vials will automatically refill from your vialbelt (provided you have the necessary refills/applications in your vialbelt). The only thing elixlist is really good for is seeing how many months are left on your vials before they decay, as the number of applications/sips doesn't matter anymore with auto-refilling.
  • GMs or City leaders can impliment a tithe on all residents.

These could be coded in as democratic if some cities would rather not take the risk. Impliment an upper limit for a tithe, for example 20% of gold picked up. Ensuring that gold taken from shops is not included in this. There could also be an upper limit placed at 10K per year (or along those lines). I think this would be a great way to raise gold for the cities/councils that would use it. Although it may be a little authoratative for some places. It would ensure that all members of an organization are actively contributing to it.

We could even have tax evasion as a crime, if anyone was able to find a way to circumvent the system.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited October 2014
    The vast majority of the playerbase, especially lowbie transfers, and most specifically true newbs, have spoken out emphatically against player driven taxation, I doubt a hardcoded and unavoidable one would be more popular.

Don't have to try to sell it to me or my character, but that's apparently the minority.
  • Ultrix said:

Velion said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do here. Why do you need to track the vial number at all? Vials will automatically refill from your vialbelt (provided you have the necessary refills/applications in your vialbelt). The only thing elixlist is really good for is seeing how many months are left on your vials before they decay, as the number of applications/sips doesn't matter anymore with auto-refilling.

That's unfortunately not true for Druid toxicrain. Requires 20 sips and will not autofill.
  • Can we have some poison/venemous and earth behaviours?
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • adding on that, water behaviours too
  • IniarIniar Australia
    @Delrayne and I had a pistol duel for giggles, and it spawned the following conversation (utterly hilarious in its own right). Meet Iniar's Collection of Hilarously Bad Ideas, Exhibit #44, courtesy of Delrayne and Iniar:

(->): Delrayne, "I generally try to be.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Maybe next round, we use dual pistols!”

(->): Delrayne, "Oh!, now that's an idea.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Yes!”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Is it better to load,load, shoot,shoot, or load,shoot, load shoot.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Hrmmmmmmmm.”

(->): Delrayne, "Probaly load load shoot shoot, cause if you load shoot, it's effectively the use of just one pistol.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Yea I think so too.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "That's pretty fun.”

(->): Delrayne, "I mean if you could load offbal but it uses eq...that's be one thing...but since they are both on balance.“

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Maybe we should classlead that.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, ":D.”

(->): Delrayne, "Haha.”

(->): Delrayne, "Man, I'm getting visions of action movies now...diving behind cover letting pistol fly....then dropping both of them and drawing a new pair out resuming fire like nothing happened.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Hey.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "What if we petition Garryn for something liek that.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "A pistol arena shootout area.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, ":D.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Omg.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Haha.”

(->): Delrayne, "I'd be down for it lol.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Load pistol - duck - roll - fire pistol to delrayne's left - roll.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Hahaha.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "ROLL LEFT.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "ROLL LEFT DELRAYNE.”

(->): Delrayne, "Man, it'd be awesome...sure you can trigger stuff up, but the outcome of your actions wouldn't be the same, so it'd be random if you hobbled someone or shot through the chest for critical damage.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Haha so cool.”

(->): Delrayne, "Being hobbled would deter the person ability to roll when you see someone aiming.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Fire netshot.”

(->): Delrayne, "Lol.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Yes.”

(<-): Asasiyun Delrayne Vaz'rias, "Yes please.”

(->): Delrayne, "Idea it man."

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Ultrix Ashtear, She-Devil of the Sands says to you, "Do you know if there is a pumpkin farm?"
    You ponder for a moment and say "Hrm..."
    You say to Ultrix, "I don't think there is."
    @Ultrix snaps her fingers.

Is this a possibility?
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2014
    Which white girls in da hooooooooouse

She can't even....
  • edited October 2014
    In text, I don't have to worry about getting diabetes. @Lalitana needs a reason for a pumpkin pie recipe, stat. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Could we get ingame messages when one of your merc groups finishes their adventure? Also if possible, a toggle option for email notifications as well?
  • I don't know anything about how difficult it would be, but it would be nice if we could transfer/sell our token houses/shops (maybe tents?) to other people just like normal ones. By virtue of needing 25 tokens per for them it's almost guaranteed that the owners of them have paid significant amounts of money (if not buying credits to buy tokens they would have to have spent $312.4 if purely from elites, twice that if someone like me has both) and if they decide they want to sell them off, transfer them to spouses, et cetera. It would be really nice, especially after the time and money one can sink into one, only to find out they can't hand it off if they grow tired of it. (I know people have traded them in for the 2/3rd value in tokens but that's not really the same thing to me.)
  • Like other artifacts, including token artifacts, you cannot sell or transfer artifact houses or shop stalls.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • You could probably rent them out though. Houses for sure, just make them a copied key. 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Could gmcp.Room.Items.List.items for attrib = "m", please also include their targetable names?

i.e.

List = {
    location = "room",
    items = {
    {
    id = "81314",
    name = "a Graytrem draft stallion",
    attrib = "m",
    names = ["horse","stallion"]
    }
    }
    },
  • Some items have names that are only used internally. It isn't always obvious which these are. For that reason, a full list of item names probably won't be included.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Or even just the one wrapped with the 'IH' command? I could do it manually, do 'IH' and parse that data and compare against the gmcp data. But, since gmcp is just so nifty, you know.
  • edited November 2014
    Iniar said:
    Or even just the one wrapped with the 'IH' command? I could do it manually, do 'IH' and parse that data and compare against the gmcp data. But, since gmcp is just so nifty, you know.
    That GMCP handling for items appears to be handled in code common to all IRE games. I'll float this up the chain, though.
  • Can ARMOURLIST <THING> SHOP show the price of the item in the shop as well as the stats? 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2014
    Sigils and Hazeward stones currently last over one hundred months when dropped regardless of placement. Holyground lasts three, forcing owners of token homes or shops to either have to consecrate thirty-five times more often than the other circles (even more if you shard extend sigil -_-). The argument has been given that not all three circles need to have parity, however when 2/3rds of the game has access to gear that you either settle for vastly inferior or have to break your own circles rules to use, you're punishing the members of the third. Holyground has a combat purpose just like monolith sigils and hazeward stones, but how long they stay on the ground now that they don't take multiple blows to be removed is simply unfair to anyone who's invested enough cash to be able to afford a token house or shop. (or even those that spent years getting enough tokens without paying for them).
  • Holyground lasts longer in AM areas right? Maybe house room should match the owner's circle as far as affinity.  So magick circle would have magick affinity etc. 
  • It would be nice if we could delete our own bugs/ideas/typo (especially Ideas, the list gets a bit unwieldy after awhile, and being able to delete ideas that you don't think are good ideas anymore would be nice). Would also be nice if we could see a name on who's responding to them.
  • The name of the person closing the bugs is deliberately anonymous. While we don't encourage it in most circumstances, you can unsubscribe from a bug using DELBUG <#>. If you were the only subscriber (usually the case, for your own bugs that haven't been merged), this also archives (and eventually deletes) the bug.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Could we make people who are capturing monoliths immune to range attacks, such as: arrows, doppleganger, spears, mind crush/force/et cetera, and so fourth. I feel such things should be taken face to face instead of someone running in, stopping the capture, and trolling out back to a city.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited November 2014
    Pawn. Pawn. Pawn. Pawn. Pawn. Pawn. Pawn. Pwned. Round Two!