Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

Comments

• I'm still waiting on Don't Starve Together. What the crap, Klei. I WAS PROMISED SUMMER 2014.
  • I'm waiting on The Division. Also what the crap Assassins Creed franchise. Why release two different games to be played exclusively on the ps4/Xbox one and the ps3/360. Don't get me wrong I never turn in my old consoles but with the lack of backwards compatability that means I have to rehook my old ps3 back up just to play one of the new releases.

• As much as I adore Assassin's Creed, I played four so much that I think I might have burnt myself out on the franchise. Still...it's always hard to resist each new game. =[

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Dead space games again. I love the horror genre.
  • New Gauntlet game that was released a few days ago. Elf needs food, badly.
  • Just got Hyrule Warriors, which came out yesterday. It does what it says on the tin - it's dynasty warriors with Zelda characters and a vaguely Zelda story.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Hyrule Warriors is amazing.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Got Fallout from a friend the other day. Detonated the nuke in the first town. Reward was a penthouse suite with a personal robot in a building guarded by armed fellows.

Felt like I'd already won and gave the game back.
  • You got lucky; that's honestly the best thing about Fallout 3.

The game goes absolutely awful after that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited September 2014
    Fallout 3 and New Vegas were both great, if you have them both and all DLC's, you can try running Tale of Two Wastelands, which allows you to play most of Fallout 3 on the New Vegas engine. Sadly a lot of mods don't carryover. I've played the devil out of those two, never played the earlier games though, and I felt like Fallout 3 had the superior writing and setting, and New Vegas just more fun gameplay. Both are amazing in on their own merits though, and on PC the graphics and modding community for both make them entirely different games on PC instead of console. The DLC's on both have winners and losers, personal favorites were Old World Blues for New Vegas and while Operation Anchorage was fun, I think Broken Steel was the best just because it let me keep playing.

I've been on a Civ 5 kick again lately, don't know why I randomly picked it back up. Good time consumer I suppose!
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    I replay a Civ game at least once every two months or so. Currently it's 3. On the alternate months it's going through DOSbox to play ancient Sim games like SimLife and SimAnt.

May have a bit of a God complex.

Maybe.
  • While New Vegas' writing was nothing to write home about, it's still way better than the writing in Fallout 3, simply because it lacks the (many) atrociously bad moments that FO3 was plagued with. The kids at Little Lamplight forcing the slave-taking Demon of the Wasteland to go free some little kid from slavers to get past a plot door. The radiation immune robot/mutant/ghoul at the ending who forces a human to commit suicide because "it would interfere with your destiny" or some lazy-writers-want-a-dramatic-choice crap like that.

Any decent bits(Republic of Dave, those two cannibal familes, etc) are completely overpowered by the sheer awfulness of the rest of it.

Also, they completely screwed up the Brotherhood of Steel and that's unforgivable. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• They corrected the ending with Broken Steel, but it was definitely a little hokey before-hand. I loved some of the writing on some of the quests/locations(really liked Arefu, Harold, and some of the Vaults), but there were some parts that weren't so well written. I think that's a symptom of being such a large world with a lot of people writing their own pieces of it. And it's been a while since I played 1 or 2, so I don't really remember the original character/design of the Brotherhood of Steel, so no comment there.
  • edited September 2014

Basically, the Brotherhood of Steel are isolations tech-hoarders who jealously guard tech because the world can't be trusted with it. They don't care about protecting villages from supermutants and the like, they care about tech and protecting their own power.

So the way it turns out is that the "Brotherhood Outcasts" were the real deal Brotherhood of Steel and the Capital Wasteland BoS should have been the Outcasts, and if they'd just switched the names of those two factions it would have been fine.

• edited October 2014
    I just picked up a game called Screencheat. It's an arena-style FPS, with a twist. Every character is invisible, and you can see everyone's screens - you have to screencheat to find and kill them.

Here's a Let's Play I found for it: 

Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited October 2014
    Sounds like a game Azefel would play. :D
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • LoL and CS: Source, mostly, aside from another MUD. I usually have one or two single player games that I'll be obsessed about for any amount of time; Right now, it's XCom (Ironman hates your feelings). I want to play Civ:BE, but no DX11 :(
    I've been considering Beyond Earth since it dropped. I started on WoW again. It's like Imperian, but more cogent storyline. Also better PK balance. Also no Raksha. Also 2's and 3's rankings. Also new content. Also graphics. And for less than paying for Iron Elite.
  • XCom in Ironman is rough. You get to know these soldiers. You care about them. Then an alien gets a lucky crit and one-shots your favorite sniper. =(
  • Though I no longer play WoW, I cannot emphasise what Menoch said enough.
    - better product
    - better support
    - more playable
    - more fun
    - far superior pvp

and LESS money.  

I'll just leave this here.
  • Final Fantasy XIV is also a better investment in time and money than Imperian is, for what its worth - and I have been playing that again lately.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Imperian fills a niche for me: lightweight enough to not tax a low-end machine, complex enough not to be Farmville. Otherwise I wouldn't play.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited November 2014

While those are all fair points, I'd just like to point out that WoW has much more money to pay for better development and support of the product, and that WoW also has a much larger playerbase and so it isn't tied to the whims of a relatively small group. 

It would be utterly astonishing if WoW wasn't the superior product.

• I play lots of things outside Impy depending on my mood, too many to list. Currently I like fidgeting on Sims for a while. Who knew architect was a mood I could be in.

At the above, I like Imperian because it requires a type intelligence that I can respect. And our Admin are great. Small communities  barred, at least 100 of us are not 10 year olds.
  • I found FFXIV fun enough, because I adore FF. But for me Imperian will always trump WoW, there's just a certain something to text-based games that I enjoy regardless of the above mentioned flaws.

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Only thing WoW requires against Impy is time management, which I don't have 6 hours of a day to put aside for dungeon raiding.
  • Mathiaus said:

Only thing WoW requires against Impy is time management, which I don't have 6 hours of a day to put aside for dungeon raiding.

Just 4 for trolling I guess.
  • I've been jumping back into WoW a little because of peer pressure ("this expansion will be so good you should start playing again it will be like old times"). I wish that the servers were a liiiitle more accommodating but it is what it is.

At least in WoW I can get some PvP going without knowing I have no chance of winning? (Raksha = Bubblehearth)

edited November 2014
    Oh shit I didn't realize you could have a priest mass dispel Raksha. Oh right. Womp womp! Or that without taking a minor glyph slot you have a 2 second window on either side of bubblehearthing.

Whoops!

ETA: If you're going into WoW PvP without ANY chance of winning, you don't have the gear, or you don't have the skill.
  • I've been playing Depth on Steam. Game that lets me play as a Great White Shark and nom divers, yes pls. Patiently awaiting Don't Starve Together.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧