Skip to content

Events in Imperian

Greetings!

As you can tell, we have been doing quite a few events the last couple of months. My question is, are we doing too many events? Are they taking too long? Do you want more events? Give me your feedback on events. Let us know what you're looking for.

Comments

• I've enjoyed the ones I've been a part of!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    I like the events - keep them going!
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Looking for reasons for Magick and Demonic to have verbal arguments over definitions once again. There used to be a time my younger me recalls listening to Thanatosians and Cassiopeians arguing at the Spring over stuff.

But that could just be me trippin'
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I cannot really assist in that too much. But I am working with someone from Demonic for both Khandava and Stavenn, hoping to bring a little life there, as I believe it needs it.

As a note, I have been seriously thinking about AM's God problem. No real advance there yet, but it is on my mind.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    What about a martial emphasis? Like Greek obsession with sculpting the prowess of men.
  • What God problem? The only one I can possibly see is "Where does Devotion come from and why isn't it magick?", and the answer to that is the same as it has always been: "Because I said so and if you don't agree you're a heretic."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited October 2014
    Antioch has a fine pursuit as 'wishes engineering could let them move in to a faux steam or industrial era', but I am a minority in thinking so, so I don't try to push it while I think of something more popular.

@Iniar - we tried that approach for a while and nobody really bought it once we hit the Devotion Fayth quandry as per Khizan.

Ithaqua might have issues of their own, though.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Where does the Devotion/Fayth power comes from? Easy. It comes from belief.

In the belief of me who believes on you.

Who the hell do you think we are?
  • Unfortunately,Antioch doesn't have the chops to pull off steam punk (or the water).

The big problem with the god death event was that before Svorai, team admin washed their hands of all storyline and 'god' duties. Zero effort was expended to manage the fallout. Now that lack of effort has really just festered into an abscess. It was pretty short sighted, and irresponsible, to just dive right in and put 100% of the responsibility on mortals. They weren't used to it and their leadership is incredibly tenuous. At any time, if someone doesn't like the direction of the story, you can just meta-game coup someone out of it. Sects are awesome, but one of the emerging problems we ran into was that we can make our roles awesome. We can make our entities awesome. And we can rock that shit. Unfortunately,when push comes to shove,cults like conquest and Hastati hit the wall of "You totally could.......but you can't.So Stop." Sects end up being really isolated because if you aim too high, you box yourself in to repeat failure.

• IniarIniar Australia
    PK = classleads. <- Garryn

RP = storyleads. <- Svorai <3

+1
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:

What God problem? The only one I can possibly see is "Where does Devotion come from and why isn't it magick?", and the answer to that is the same as it has always been: "Because I said so and if you don't agree you're a heretic."

What if AM have been unwittingly practicing magick this whole time? ROFL.
  • Sarrius said:
    Ithaqua might have issues of their own, though.
    Nah. The general theme in Ithaqua went "Gods are okay." > "Gods are lame, forget those guys." > "These gods are okay." > "Nevermind, those guys died, back to believing in eating people and the Wendigo, and alcoholism as a coping mechanism, etc."

Hoping for a Wendigo revival soon. That guy comes back, unlike those other not-quite-mortal beings.
  • Looks like the old addage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it" was applicable.
  • Calais said:

Nah. The general theme in Ithaqua went "Gods are okay." > "Gods are lame, forget those guys." > "These gods are okay." > "Nevermind, those guys died, back to believing in eating people and the Wendigo, and alcoholism as a coping mechanism, etc."

Hoping for a Wendigo revival soon. That guy comes back, unlike those other not-quite-mortal beings.
    Why don't you guys just do a Wendigo cult?
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Wendigo versus the Penguin God.
  • Talbain said:
    Calais said:

Why don't you guys just do a Wendigo cult?
    You know, I've given some thought to this. Tentative investigation shows there's not a lot of interest though - or I could just be spinning it wrong. The first time I asked around a bit, it was shot down hard by the folks I asked. The second time, there was much more interest, but we didn't really get around to agreeing on a lot of things.

So, the reason is I'm not willing to be the one to pour time and effort into a cult like that, though I'd feasibly be interested in joining something like that. If someone else wants to have a go at it, I think it could be neat.
  • The only hang up I have with it being a cult of the wendigo is the wendigo already exist. No point in attracting an entity when he's already roaming around ithaqua. Now if say someone took over the wendigo rather than some new entity that would be awesome.

• Somebody tried the Wendigo spin. It never got off the ground.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited October 2014
    Tbh, nothing gets off the ground in Ithaqua because they treat everything like a freaking committee. "We don't have a majority so we're just going to continue to do nothing."

Man up. Write a cult. Build it around the principles the Wendigo embodies. Find an entity and rp with it. Move on to beating your chests, getting drunk, and pushing Ozreas off the catwalks. Ithaqua's premise is incredibly broad and versatile. You have the old out and often prudish honor and discipline in the frozen north or you have the depravity and feral survival arghpee of the unseelie. It's going to be great fun either way. When it's fun, people will start joining. If it doesn't work, who cares? You're at the same place you started.

Keep it relatively broad so that people can build their rp around yours. Then you get lots of a facets of the same rp, which gives you differences to play upon later.
  • Ahkan said:
    Man up. Write a cult.
    Someone can, sure. I'm just not really interested - The whole cult concept seems pretty weak, but it could just be that I don't think I can really bring anything intense to that party.
  • I guess you need to pick which side you're
    on. Your posts seem to contradict each other.
  • Iniar said:
    What God problem? The only one I can possibly see is "Where does Devotion come from and why isn't it magick?", and the answer to that is the same as it has always been: "Because I said so and if you don't agree you're a heretic."
    Heresy! Burn him!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:
    Iniar said:
    Heresy! Burn him!