Skip to content

Market Stalls

I think market stalls kind of collapsed the entire economy within the game. Everything is dirt cheap, and part of the problem is that anyone can buy from anyone in a safe place for everyone. So this might be an entirely stupid idea, but can market stalls be set so that if the owner is demonic, the other two circles simply cannot buy at the stall? Leave normal shops alone, to allow the thrill of breaking into enemy land and buying forbidden things. Making market stalls only sell to same circle people might actually result in prices raising somewhat, giving us a place to spend gold again.

Or its just a really stupid idea. Who knows.

Comments

• No thanks.
    Septus says, "Not Ashani!"
  • That basically cripples the entire point of a market stall.

Anyways,I honestly don't think this is bad for the game at all, because the main effect of this is that it is much harder to gouge the playerbase on basic supplies when there's a publically accessible market, and this is important because this game is absolutely freaking impossible to play without those basic supplies and there's no benefit for the game in restricting the markets and allowing prices to be determined by the only person in the circle who has the artifacts and capability to harvest in bulk, the only smith who bothers to make decent armour, etc.

Also I find it pretty funny that the guy talking about sneaking into shops to buy forbidden things happens to live in the only city that got away with putting damn near every one of its shops on the main siegeline. 

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited September 2014
    I might be biased but I actually believe the problem arose from the increased availability of herbs and refills, not from market stalls. Concoctions used to be a nice little earner but the prices have dropped to near nothing now that everyone is able to learn Concoctions and the harvesting bonus is granted across all three circles. I don't have a problem with this having happened, although it has put me at a disadvantage, it has made it more fair to everyone and meant people don't get "gouged" by herb or refill prices now, but it has meant a big loss to the economy.
    ** Yes, we're aware of the problems. Please do NOT use any HELP files at the moment.**.
    ** And don't try them now just see if they're really broken. **.
    ** Or credit conversion. Try not to do anything much right now. **.
    ** Don't panic, normal service will be restored as soon as possible. For now, enjoy the wonders of conversation. **.
    *** We will be rebooting in about 60 seconds ***.
    ** Don't panic. Just...stay close to your rosaries **.
    ** Monetary offers for Salvation accepted. **.
  • The only thing wrong with market stalls is that they have a tendency to be buggy. Sure, the herb market has "crashed", but it also wasn't all that newbie-friendly to have shops selling basic curatives for 25 gold per toadstool or 150 gold per health refill. I might be annoyed by the 1-2 players who would happily sell restoration at a loss, but the answer isn't "let's defeat the entire point of a high-value artifact-type item."
  • Market stalls are totally viable. If you succeed at nabbing a good location, diverse wares, good quality designs or good connections, your shop should do relatively well. 

Look at Wysrias. That traitor sells all the best weapons in caanae for a stupid mark up that people are willing to pay since the game economy is like woah. >:(. The best part here is that Wysrias doesn't even own a market stall. Aleutia is too 'dainty' to smith so she contracts it out to Khandava's most prodigious smith/traitor. Stupid capitalism.

**Hey, circle-specific market stalls is an awful idea
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2014
    The shop commands are a fustercluj of messiness. I extremely dislike using my market stall - there is almost nothing pleasurable about it. Even pricing is so tedious - a shortcut like:

price all sabres individual 1000 except 29389, 38284, 48382, 113918
    price all sabres inventory 1000 except 11807
    price all sabres combined 1000 except 38284, 58392
    price some sabres combined 4000 include 184848, 482948, 84829
    remove 84929, 84938, 47283 (without having to look up shelves)
    move 471847, 848291, 848284 to shelf8592
    price all sabres inventory 100000 rule speed morethan 227
    price all sabres individual 16000 rule speed morethan 220
    remove all vialbelts rule price lessthan 2000
    remove all vialbelts rule notcontains restoration
    move all armour to shelf8594 rule morethan scalemail

I would really welcome any kind of improved batching behaviors - right now it feels like its been hobcobbled together by 10 different people.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Ahkan said:
    Market stalls are totally viable. If you succeed at nabbing a good location, diverse wares, good quality designs or good connections, your shop should do relatively well. 

Look at Wysrias. That traitor sells all the best weapons in caanae for a stupid mark up that people are willing to pay since the game economy is like woah. >:(. The best part here is that Wysrias doesn't even own a market stall. Aleutia is too 'dainty' to smith so she contracts it out to Khandava's most prodigious smith/traitor. Stupid capitalism.

**Hey, circle-specific market stalls is an awful idea
    I also don't own my own hammer!

But any real profits I'd be making are probably balanced out by how much money I spend on crystehl. Oh, to have a smelter...