Skip to content

Underworld Feedback

We released the first part of the Underworld tonight. 

The Underworld is a very high end bashing area that includes almost 600 rooms, over 200 different types of mobs in 10 spawn wave levels across 7 different areas, working out to be several thousand mobs. There are 7 new bosses, 1 new world boss (Legion), 6 new achievements, 36 quest mobs, and a lot of new quests.

Please post comments, problems, and bug here so that we can deal with them.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Can there be some sort of reminder by the quest givers how many we've killed for each one?

Keeping track would be a pain
  • It should show in your QUESTS command.

• I already put it in a bug, but I had over 200 kills for one of the quests, then when I looked it was 3

That's not right and a pretty big difference!
  • I like being able to share the charms with others, so you can help friends and such complete a full set, but this is getting kind of ridiculous.

Stavenn Road. (City of Antioch.)
    The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. This has been marked as holy ground. Some rose petals lie here in a small
    pile. There are 4 iron camel-shaped charms here. There are 3 ruby root-shaped charms here. There are 5 sapphire
    root-shaped charms here. An obsidian direwolf-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 7 obsidian skull-shaped
    charms here. There are 4 stone skull-shaped charms here. There are 3 platinum skull-shaped charms here. There are 2 onyx
    skull-shaped charms here. There are 3 ruby skull-shaped charms here. There are 2 ivory skull-shaped charms here. An
    emerald skull-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 3 obsidian root-shaped charms here. There are 3 platinum
    root-shaped charms here. There are 3 onyx root-shaped charms here. An ivory root-shaped charm lies on the ground here.
    There are 3 necromatic bone root-shaped charms here. There are 2 onyx phoenix egg-shaped charms here. There are 2 ivory
    phoenix egg-shaped charms here. There are 4 stone phoenix egg-shaped charms here. There are 4 marble fountain-shaped
    charms here. There are 3 onyx fountain-shaped charms here. There are 2 obsidian fountain-shaped charms here. There are 4
    crystehl fountain-shaped charms here. There are 2 sapphire fountain-shaped charms here. There are 2 ivory
    fountain-shaped charms here. An obsidian phoenix egg-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 2 emerald phoenix
    egg-shaped charms here. An orichalcum phoenix egg-shaped charm lies on the ground here. A necromatic bone skull-shaped
    charm lies on the ground here. A diamond root-shaped charm lies on the ground here. There are 2 veritum direwolf-shaped
    charms here. An ice direwolf-shaped charm is on the ground here. There are 2 stone direwolf-shaped charms here. An onyx
    direwolf-shaped charm lies on the ground here. A sapphire camel-shaped charm lies on the ground here. An elite Muamrite
    archer is manning a cannon here. He has twenty-five cannon balls. The shining figure of a Seraphic guardian floats in
    the air here.
    You see exits leading east, southeast, and northwest.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Could we maybe get an ATTACH 50 CHARM TO BRACELET command that would just automatically add the ones you didn't have already and leave the rest in your inventory? 
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited July 2014
    Could we please fix the mob clumping that's happening around the Caanae area of the Underworld?

Edit: Forgot to mention, can we please change how bard's defensive songs work for non-violent rooms? In the Underworld, I can buff up everything but songs, and the only way of getting to a safe place to apply songs is after doing a 100 yard dash through mobs who want to eat my face as soon as I step into the room.
  • Reduced the drop rate of the charms, please let us know if they are too rare now.
  • They should be fairly rare actually, so that was clearly a mistake.

• Is there something I'm missing here? From my knowledge, people have just -walked- in on Kalika Aisling randomly whereas I had to bash through 10 waves of mobs for a good amount of time before she spawned.
  • Shou said:
    Is there something I'm missing here? From my knowledge, people have just -walked- in on Kalika Aisling randomly whereas I had to bash through 10 waves of mobs for a good amount of time before she spawned.
    She is part of the spawnwave that opens up when each wave goes through. One thing we are looking at today are the spawnwaves, and the clumping of mobs in the UW. Hopefully we'll be able to get things going a bit smoothly. 
  • can the mobs not be around the quest givers

that's kind of annoying
  • hrm. Let me see what we can do.

• Jeremy said:
    They should be fairly rare actually, so that was clearly a mistake.
    Add these to more areas if you want to make them fairly rare, because having a goddamn line to clear those few places(which are FAR below my level) to work on the Underworld will be really really dumb.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Kenuba's a place for charms, yet there is hardly any mobs there anymore

It used to be full of them
  • I'll poke at the charm areas, and see about getting more mobs there.
  • Okay. I have set spawn waves in the underworld to unwind a bit better so you should see fewer mobs in massive groups.

• So far, this is my least favourite mob, followed closely by the head-damaging slaves in stavenn:

Looking up from his work, a bitter worker laughs in your face as he trips you with a swipe of his leg.
    Damage Taken: 39 blunt (raw damage: 119)
    You are afflicted with prone.
    You are afflicted with damaged left leg.
    You are afflicted with crippled left leg.
    You are afflicted with mangled left leg.

It's one thing to deal with concussions, you can fight through that. This mob forces you to sit down for around 10 seconds while everything else can attack you. Additionally, unless they throw you out of the room, they can continue giving you a level 3 break to keep you on the ground forever.
  • and its in the second wave

while you're still dealing with serpents most likely

it'd be one thing if it was done in the last waves
  • The point isn't that it won't kill me to be prone for 10 seconds, the point is that it's annoying to sit there and not do anything because of this. It wasn't a 'this mob should be removed' comment, just an 'I don't like this mob' comment.
  • Shou said:
    So far, this is my least favourite mob, followed closely by the head-damaging slaves in stavenn:

Looking up from his work, a bitter worker laughs in your face as he trips you with a swipe of his leg.

It's one thing to deal with concussions, you can fight through that. This mob forces you to sit down for around 10 seconds while everything else can attack you. Additionally, unless they throw you out of the room, they can continue giving you a level 3 break to keep you on the ground forever.
    I'm taking a look at this, they shouldn't be going this crazy. Let me know if others are doing something this intense in one hit. Thanks
  • edited July 2014
    Shou said:
    So far, this is my least favourite mob, followed closely by the head-damaging slaves in stavenn:

Stavenn has predator-profession mobs?

I hate those damn camels.  Like 700 raw damage plus 5s stun.
  • I think I got the problems with the waves sorted out. Please poke me in game if you notice anything wonky with them. Also poke me about overdone attacks from mobs. I might not adjust them all, but I will at least look at them.
  • Is the gold drop supposed to be so low? After we grabbed the pylon, I got the thing that enhances gold and crits so I figured, what the heck, I'll go kill some locusts. I got someone to sect favor me with the fortune favour, and went to make me some gold. an good while later, maybe an hour, after clearing the first wave and a half my plyon buff wore off. I had made under 3k gold, total. I decided I'd go sell the bodies, and made almost nothing, as they were only worth 10g each.

I'm not so much complaining as curious if the gold in UW is supposed to be bad, if the Locust for some reason are dropping gold poorly, or what.
  • edited July 2014
    The gold drops seem on par for most areas of these difficulties, honestly. Maybe slightly lower, but you also have to account for the 5000 gold you receive for finishing each of the (many) grindy quests. Gold drops + turn-ins + quest rewards add up relatively quickly, and lucratively.

• Gold drops should be low because pumping unnecessary amounts of gold in to the economy contributes both to further ruining what remains of one we already have, but also more complaining about all manner of things to do with gold - like, say, the credit market
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • The quests are for 250 things. 250 x 10 = 2500, not 5k. Unless you're counting what dropped for me, plus the quest turn in. Then sure, 5k. But its supposed to be end game bashing. So far, the bashing seems awesome. My problem, being a player that only earns gold via bashing, is that its not actually worth it for me to hunt there. At all. I'm working for aspect perks. But the prices of those perks are huge. I don't really gain the xp needed at the same rate as the gold, in the end game hunting zone that I imagine, was designed for aspect hunting.

And the biggest issue with not having anywhere to spend gold is the cut throat price reducing and market destroying market stalls in the ruins of Caanae. Personal opinion. It makes credits the only place you have to funnel gold other than aspect perks.

That being said, if low gold drop is intentional then the area is fun. Overall. I just will likely stop going there once the excitement wears off, and return to places where I can make 2-3 times that gold in a shorter time period.
  • edited July 2014
    The quests reward you with 5000 gold on completion, is what I was referring to. It's entirely possible that I just had extra gold sitting in my inventory, and I haven't finished a quest lately to be 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that's the reward.

• I honestly think with the underworld being established as a modern "high level" bashing area, the rest of the areas should be looked at and brought into a similar value.  

That and non sentients shouldn't drop gold and should be the subject for turniin quests of similar values. 
  • Only issue I have with that, is that aspect perks should cost less if that's going to be true. And I'm totally fine with that. But if the income ratio we're looking to establish is 10k an hour (2.5k drops, 2.5k turnins, maybe 5k quest) and things cost millions of gold...We're talking month and month and months of RL time for one power. It shouldn't be that punishing.
  • Keep in mind that aspect perks were designed as long-term goals. That they take a long period to collect for is intended. The gold fee assigned to them is roughly equal to the gold drops from mobs yielding the experience cost of the perk.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote