Skip to content

Mining, statues, and sect conflict

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2729
Date: 6/12/2014 at 23:26
To  : Everyone
Subj: The Twisted Ouroboros Statue

(Read Events 247 as well)

In the upper Feinhorn, the statue of the twisted ouroboros that killed Zaimael, can be harvested for his essence. This limited essence can be infused to your cult or sect altar. All entities (if you have one) desire the essence as it will increase their power.

Commands:

PROBE OUROBOROS
This will tell you how much of Zaimael's essence remains in the frozen form of the ouroboros.

MINE
You will need a pick in your inventory to do this and be in the room with the statue. Only one player can mine the statue at a time. Successful miners will be rewarded with a fragment from the statue. The statue has a limited amount of essence stored in it. The statue will only weaken to the point that it can be mined, one day out of every five (one hour out of every five). Alert characters will be able to tell when this time is.

INFUSE ALTAR
You can infuse your cult or sect altar with a piece of Zaimael essence. Essence will increase the strength of your entity (if you have one) and give your entire cult or sect a sacrifice and experience bonus equal to the amount of essence your organisation has infused. This bonus will start will slowly wear off over the course of many months and years.

SECT/CULT BELIEF
If you have infused any essence, the amount will be displayed here.

Penned by my hand on the 15th of Halitus, in the year 49 AM.

Assuming this is a permanent fixture and not some sort of odd event step, what do you all think? Instead of a roving battlezone like shardfalls, these hour long intervals test how you can fortify and hold or siege one area. I rather like the concept. Some input for @Jeremy :

Please review what you can and cannot do while mining. Speaking, using changes, answering tells - these are things that should not stop mining.
Please write a help file.
Please specify if this meter will matter later ("Your entity grows more powerful" is rather vague..) or if people can safely ignore this and not feel too bad about it.

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>

Comments

• This will not be a permanent game. But we will bring it back every few months when we do something where some essence gets dropped into the world. Not always an entity death will do it. It will not be an ouroboros next time, but it will follow the same general mechanic.

• For reference, @Jeremy told me that the decay rate of essence is 1% per four real life days, but only begins once the event is finished.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • This system is awesome and I love it.

I just thought you should know that.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Even counting the cross-circle team ups, this is more fun than shardfalls for some reason. I wish it were a permanent fixture, but understand why it isn't.
  • People will get bored of it is it was constantly on. We will bring it back.