- Several RP events.
- Release our massive area (an event by itself).
- Tweak the merc system based on your feedback. Release battles and tournaments as well.
- Cults, Sects, and Shrines
- Garryn plans for world domination.
This is where Svorai, myself, and the other volunteers will mainly be focused. We have tentatively planned out events for the next 6 months. Specifically:
- We are going to put in a significant effort into running more RP events. The exact number will vary depending on how large an individual event grows. If an event runs long and is well received we will not start another one that will distract from that. Or, if an event is going well, we will pool resources to that, and save other ones for later.
- We have planned a storyline of events that should run through the end of the year.
- We have planned on several one off events that are not related to the main storyline (directly).
- We are trying to create events that place encounters for players in which they can react to (or ignore) on a personal and organisational level. Hopefully this will create situations in which players must think and roleplay with other players to deal with the event. The goal is not to cause a fight every time (which is fine), but to stimulate player to player interaction within and across circles.
- The concept we are working on (especially for the smaller, one-off events), is to keep things simple and not 100% scripted. We will continue the event (or end it) based on player reactions. For example, we may try to release a controversial mob or area. We will watch how players react and then build, rp, code as quickly as possible based on that until the event runs its course.
- Releasing as much lore, history, and back story as possible with the events. This is especially true with the longer storyline.
- We have already started one of our first small events.
NEW END GAME AREA
We will finish and release the giant area we have been promising. Jesse will be working on the last two bosses this week, and then we will run a final test on the areas, mobs, bosses, and quests. If we take any longer on this, Svorai will kill us. (Update: She said she would not kill us, just pout a lot.)
This system will get attention over then next few months as we add more adventures and release the PvP side of things.
SECTS, CULTS, AND SHRINES
This will be our main project once the area is out. This is one of the things I am most excited to get going. I would like to be able to break this up into parts and release it in pieces, however the main bulk of it is the shrine and relic system. We could release the sanctum and temple parts seprately, but we will see. Shrines and their relics are a fairly large system. You can read more about it here: http://forums.imperian.com/discussion/292/cult-and-sect-expansion
I have started into the basic templates and code for this. However it will begin in earnest around the middle of the month.
GARRYN THE SLACKER
What is Garryn doing? As our IRE coder he is focused on the client. We are working on a new release for it that will continue to improve its stability and with helping streamline newbies into the game so they will stay longer. This has been met with very good success in our testing an Achaea is currently running a massive ad campaign so that we can take a close look at the numbers. Additionally, we are in the process of hiring an artist to reskin the client so that it looks amazing.
On the side, Garryn is finishing up classleads and then he will be starting work into a commodities revamp from he ground up. Don't get too excited. It is mostly planned, but it will take a while to get out as he in not 100% on Imperian.