Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• My wife, for bringing my idea to fruition.  When I have what I think are brilliant ideas, but am too technologically inept to accomplish them (read: lazy) she does them for me.  

• You just won Imperian. Congrats.

• What does Corbin Bernsen have to do with anything?
  • Finally having an opportunity to try 1v1 with my hunter system, and discovering about 30 bugs/missing triggers. Sooon, soon I will stop being a born again newbie.
  • @Nyrohi for putting up with the shenanigans my character sprung on her <3
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    image image
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I'm not sure if you're trying to say you put shampoo into your macarons?
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Teaching @Koyee the basics of damage-summoner. I feel like much cool.

Or possibly a fraud, but hey!
    currently tentatively active
    (may vanish for periods of time)
  • to whomever will read this message

i have failed >> caanae has sent me and my team to build up defenses to ensure that
    horrors of the last war never return >> instead i have only caused destruction >> we
    have built several obelisks on islands around the continent >> by channeling the raw
    power of the diachaim we wanted to invoke their powers to defend the city when needed
    >> the plan was so ambitious >> and it had worked but a little too well

shortly after the obelisks were built the amassed energy was released in a powerful
    lightning strike >> now the moon is behaving very strangely as if some force was
    trying to tear it asunder >> we have mostly managed to disable the obelisks but i
    fear that it is too late >> most of my team has died during the strike and i too am
    badly injured >> i do not know what will happen if the moon breaks due to my
    carelessness >> i will try to return to caanae to warn them but i may not survive the
    journey

i have built this cave within a metallic rock that seems to conduct the diachaim
    energy well >> if you found this cave after a lightning strike then read carefully as
    the obelisks are active again and there is danger >> while attempting to disable them
    we found out that using up the excessive energy is much more efficient >> it was late
    for us by then but perhaps it is not yet too late for you

[redacted]

i pray that your world is united and that you will not waste time fighting amongst
    yourselves for control of the generator stones and for the obelisks themselves >> but
    i fear that it will not be so easy >> for this reason i do not dare to write in plain
    words >> my work must not fall into the wrong hands

good luck

dahkor spilae
    scholar of caanae

I HEART finding bits and pieces of Imperian lore all over tucked away areas in the game! So I guess the Obelisks were not magickal, but indirectly brought about its creation when it did some boom boom something something with the moon (now moons).
  • So the moon was split into three by the obelisks, if I'm reading that right? 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    What's diacham again?

• Gurn said:
    So the moon was split into three by the obelisks, if I'm reading that right? 
    Basically, yes. Think of a regular lightning strike - electric charge in the sky, and electric charge on the surface, but of opposite polarities. Lightning and thunder occurs to equalize the two regions. I guess the same logic applies to the obelisks and the moon, which both amassed diachaim. Moon in sky, obelisks on ground. Chaos follows.
  • Where'd you find that, if you don't mind me asking? I kinda wanna comb the rest of the area now.
  • That one is in the Aoash Forest. You'll have to do a bit of decoding to get the message (hence there are '>>' and capitalization was iffy). ;)
  • For those interested, the associated events post from the obelisk release in 2010:

http://www.imperian.com/game/news/Imperian/Events/134
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • @Ahkan look, Imperian lore!
  • @Mereis

I remember that. I had problems with it because it didn't fit into the continuity of the existing story. It's just another level of creativity packed on the mass that is Imperian

-Caanae people survived, yet there is 0 mention of obelisks
    -No one knew of the islands where the caanae people put these super weapons until yesterday? What.
    -Obelisks didn't protect the horde. The horde didn't take the technology. Really?
    -Diachaim never factored into the moons.
    -A lightning bolt broke the moon, really? I've tanked 20 lightning bolts with Fedith. 
    -A lightning bolt broke the moon into 3 perfectly even and philosophically different mini-moons?
    -It was never expounded upon. Ever. At all.
    -How these related to shards but didn't relate to shards? What?
  • I always figured it was a racial (or cultural or whatever) memory, that evolved into a mythos that became the story of how our three moons came to be what they are.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited April 2014
    That would be awesome if each faction had their own belief system on what broke the moon. It would fuel a lot of roleplay and open the doors for the whole 'debating without swords' arghpee. The problem is you're going to run into the head-in-sand roleplay of "nuhuh, I have to win."
  • ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Finally getting mini-skills learnt after 7 years of playing because of the 2000 lesson package. :D
  • Message #12405 Sent By: (imperian)      Received On: 4/10/2014/17:40
    "You have received a fluffy cream coloured corgi pup from Keijima."

BEST DAY EVER
  • RPing in Imperian. Look at all these people I get to be mean to! ^_^

(sorry @Wysrias!)
  • edited April 2014
    Don't apologize, I've been waiting weeks for more of magick to have a backbone. It feels good to stretch the crazy side of Wysrias.

@Gabriel tried in a short little session before, but he unfortunately decided to start wailing on Khizan, and, well.

• I heart people being way cooler than expected. Thanks @Dias for the cheap artifact pieces!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • GabrielGabriel Fort Valley, Georgia US
    Wysrias said:
    Don't apologize, I've been waiting weeks for more of magick to have a backbone. It feels good to stretch the crazy side of Wysrias.

@Gabriel tried in a short little session before, but he unfortunately decided to start wailing on Khizan, and, well.
    Meh. It was going nowhere fast and I couldn't, as a character, stomach standing idly by with all of the tree chopping and talk of vacation homes goin' on for long. C'est la vie.
  • I heart the Khandavan 'we have enough, let's help others out' train. Iluv doesn't get it because he's an unwashed, filthy capitalist, but everyone else? Awesome!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited April 2014
    Say one thing for Iluv Ten Fingers, say he's a Capitalist.