Skip to content

Trouble in Paradise?

edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Hi, Im a fairly new character in Imperian. I created Vokun a year or so ago, grinded mindlessly for a week or two and ended up having to quit playing. Anyways Im back with some free time again and was considering which IRE game to come back too. I'm utterly burnt out on Achaea and am kinda torn between Aetolia and Imperian. Aetolia the conflict is fairly clear when judging the book by its cover. Its a game about werewolves and vampires, living and undead, and no matter how they have spun that premise I pretty much get it. Imperian however I cant really figure it out as it seems to be alittle more outside of the box. Magic users vs non magic users is all I gather and even that isn't clear. So being that I'm ignorant I figured I would just ask the community, what is root of the conflict in Imperian?

Comments

• The Teams:

Anti-Magick (Antioch and Ithaqua): All magick is bad. Sometimes we think it is bad enough that we will kill you for it. Don't bring it to our table. These people are generally a bit odd, some of them are very awesome people to be around, others will absolutely drive you insane.

Magick (Kinsarmar and Celidon: A frivolous Bardlette says, "Yay, Magick!! Lets do things with magick, but not really, because we love the way things are now. Don't hurt us for having this opinion." Most of these people have a persecution complex.

Demonic (Khandava and Stavenn): Was once, DEMONIC MAGICK EMPIRE SPREADING ACROSS AETHERIUS, was eventually replaced with DEMONIC MAGICK ROOTS A.K.A.TENTACLES SPREADING ACROSS AETHERIUS. At various times have killed or enslaved the people from both magick and anti-magick. Currently in ascendancy due to Khandava's coolness.

The Game:

Shardfalls are a "source" of conflict within, but also separate from the demonic/AM/magick theme. All circles use shards equally. Shardfalls are the primary source of conflict in action.

Obelisks are sort of a secondary source of conflict, the ownership of which dictates what you can and cannot do with your Shards.