Skip to content

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Game of Thrones? You really are  underground. :3
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    Game of Thrones? You really are  underground. :3
    I'm a unique snowflake. Unique snowflake is unique. D:

• The sad thing about unique snowflakes, that under heat and pressure (not even intense) all unique snowflakes become like the others...water :(
  • Life is hard: NP-hard, APX-hard, W[1]-hard. I try to solve life's hard problems. Or, failing that, I try to prove they are just impossibly hard. So far I have had more success in the negative direction, and this affects the spiritual outlook of Dukkha.
  • Dildo salesman.
  • I'm a political staffer for an MP in Ottawa. Sometimes it gets really stressful and there's minimal job security, but I love what I do. Because of Canadian election spending laws, I dip dangerously below the poverty line during campaign season. 

It all started with Imperian elections 6(7?) years ago. Go figure. 
  • Wysrias said:
    I study mitochondrial genetics, and a lot of this translates to work studying cancer, neurodegeneration, lung disease, metabolomics, aging... basically trying to define molecular mechanisms for a lot of diverse fields, and how everything that is ever wrong with you can be solved via mitochondria.

Some of you might recall I was starting my PhD the last time I was seriously playing. This is still the case! Going on five years and hoping it ends before year six is up. Then I will be Dr. Wysrias (but not making nearly as much as doctors who do actual beneficial work; see: M.D.s).
    Unlocking the power of mitochondria? Us retro gamers know where this leads:

No good can come of this work.
  • CelestineCelestine Wisconsin
    Department Manager of Installed Sales for Lowe's. 

You want a deck built? I'll coordinate everything for you. Your water heater exploded last night? Don't worry, I got you covered. You want fake grass in your yard - okay.

Therapist as well, for when you call me and tell me that your child's halloween party had to be canceled because we didn't finish your install in time (maybe if you hadn't purchased your gazebo three days before halloween...). Your request for compensation is DENIED. (Yes, I get to deal with that too).

It's a love-hate job.
  • Nothing interesting. I meet scientists in old parking lots in the middle of the night, fight Libyan terrorists and an avid plutonium collector.
    (Only if we keep voting!)
  • I'm trying to start a solo law practice, so far with mixed results.  Might have found my first paying client but he's been kind of flaky, so he may or may not call me tomorrow.  I have not been at it very long or hard yet though, so I try to look at this positively.

Some random guy in the shaving store today was like, you're a lawyer? I need a lawyer.  But he only has $1,300 in damages.  I told him I would do some free research for him but that it's probably not worth the cost for him to hire a lawyer.  It's hard to get justice on small claims stuff.
    Drill baby drill because luck is a skill.
  • I could see Iriaen as Mickey Haller. You just need to find yourself a sweet gig representing an outlaw motorcycle gang.
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eldreth said:
    I could see Iriaen as Mickey Haller. You just need to find yourself a sweet gig representing an outlaw motorcycle gang.
    Don't tempt me :D

I don't think I can take this million dollar EB-5 case a guy is offering me.  I just started and my malpractice insurance doesn't go up to a million dollars.  Notwithstanding my obviously high opinion of myself, I don't think I can put a client into a position where he might end up being unable to recoup his losses since I don't have a million dollars.
  • Currently a student!
  • I'm in the process of retiring from my current occupation in hotel management and going back to University to get a Masters in Educational Psychology. Probably.
  • edited March 2014
    Wow, I have my own office now.  Moving into it in a few days.

Also not sure what took $126 out of my account today.  You'd think I'd remember something that costs $126.

@Azefel, tapioca?
  • God, this is like a recurring theme. Iriaen hasn't played long enough and is making incorrect guesses.

Knowing Azefel, that's probably mango.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Ahkan said:

God, this is like a recurring theme. Iriaen hasn't played long enough and is making incorrect guesses.

Knowing Azefel, that's probably mango.

Looks like fat cakes covered with awesome to me.
  • It might be something far worse O_O
  • Nothing is worse than mango.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Sticking to Iniar's picture format. 

I drive one of these 11 yard Ready mix trucks for a living. 

I work for the mafia here in Vegas - @caelya  :))

• MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    So he's a freelance cobbler?