Skip to content

Is MM2K6 as buggy as it seems?

Years ago I played Imperian using the MM2K client. I recently returned and am using MM2K6 though I’m having a few problems. My questions, however, aren’t coding related, and I hoping this is the right place to ask them.

1)      When I connect to Imperian and enter my character’s name I am not prompted to enter my password. If I enter it anyway I can log in. Because I am not prompted I’m unable to set an action to enter my password automatically. This is a minor issue, but I was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening. The text “Enter you password.” is simply not displayed until after I enter my password.

2)      I decided to adjust the word-wrap for the main window as I had planned on using a second (and maybe a third) window for a map display and possibly one for CT, GT, Tells, etc. When I made the adjustments the word-wrap did not display properly. After several tries MM2K6 crashed. Is this a known bug, or…?

3)      Finally, I had a working button set in the status bar that would take my character back to his home city with a single click. It stopped working after I tried to adjust the word-wrap for the main window. I set it back to 200 as it was before and adjusted the status bar size to 200 characters as well. I played around with various combinations and nothing worked. I checked the corresponding alias and even re-created the baritem. Still failed. What’s up with that?

I’m running Windows 7, 64bit on my laptop.

I used the PortableMudmaster428installer.

I’m at work so I will not be able to respond promptly if you have questions. Your input and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Khizan said:

So far as I know, I'm the only person left using MM2k6,

Lies. Mena/Labil/Alt27 makes three, though he is busy overthrowing the government of Venezuela at the moment.

I have never had a problem with issue 1. And I don't use buttons (see Khizan's rationale above).
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."