Skip to content

IronCon 2014

Okay IronCon wannabes, we are very close to what we need participant wise in order to have our event this year. We need about 10 more people to sign up across all of IRE. That means we need at least 2 more people from Imperian. We need them before next Friday (Feb 14th). If we (IRE) can get 10 more signups before next weekend, we will do a double XP weekend on the 15th and 16th to celebrate!

Remember we will not be doing IronCon for a couple of years, so this may be your last chance for a while. 

Links to see what it is about:

Comments

• I really want to party in July. Really, really, really want to party.

• Out of curiosity, how many Imperianites are signed up to go?
  • 7 plus however many volunteers.

• Eight! I just bought my ticket on the wrong game (again)
  • Wait!

So you mean I can pay $150 plus lodging plus food plus airfare plus miscellaneous expenses to go meet a bunch of people I don't know? And a whole seven of them might be from the game I play, but I don't know which ones? Oh man, I don't see how I can pass this up!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Some days, I worry about you. 

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • edited February 2014
    Khizan said:
    Wait!

So you mean I can pay $150 plus lodging plus food plus airfare plus miscellaneous expenses to go meet a bunch of people I don't know? And a whole seven of them might be from the game I play, but I don't know which ones? Oh man, I don't see how I can pass this up!

Oh my god! You're right! I just realized I had no fun at all at the last IronCon! It was like, we had zero common interests to talk about!

Truly, you've enlightened me, Khizan. New people to meet and talk to? Pah, that's a ridiculous notion.
  • edited February 2014
    You can meet new people and talk to them without paying $150.

Edit: I'm not trying to put down Ironcon. I would enjoy going to something like it. I am just trying to point out the flaw in your rebuttal to Khizan.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'd do it just to go to Vegas again.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    I met new people at a bar for about 20 dollars last week. We had common interests and a ton of fun.

Your move, @gurn

At the end of the day, it's a matter of personal preference. No one is really wrong or right here.
  • edited February 2014
    I would go to an East Coast IronCon, but I cannot justify going to Vegas when that money could be better spent on any number of things or more worthwhile trips where I won't have to deal with a bunch of people from other games. The subset of people interested in it from Imperian seems to be very tiny. No offense to any of those going, of course, I just don't see it as worth the money - tickets plus flight expenses plus lodging plus food.. it would be an expensive bill to meet, oh, 7? people from Imperian.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Whatever you find to be fun, do it, unless that fun involves murder and pillage not in a text game setting. Some people enjoy meeting other basement dwellers. Some people have other things to do. Some people prefer the darkness of the basements. Some people will never see the Vegas sun for fear of burning to an Irish crisp.

I don't think anyone's trying to force anyone else to go; this is an update likely well-monitored by all the people who do want to go rather than a proverbial gun to the head. I for one am hoping enough people go to make IronCon possible this year!
    Jeremy sings, "Sugar how you get so fly?"
  • Stop being so reasonable. This is why people don't want to go. @Taqja
  • Does this make me more of an Imperian peasant if I cannot afford to go to IronCon? :( I get enough mocking from Demonic's Ring as it is!

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Ario said:

Does this make me more of an Imperian peasant if I cannot afford to go to IronCon? :( I get enough mocking from Demonic's Ring as it is!

It's more reasonable. My gf thinks I'd find some nerdy girl to bang.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    you all better pretend to have shitty handwriting
  • I always look forward to these ironic posts :P
  • You know those of us who went to the 2013 Ironcon are -still- waiting on our commemorative item. If you guys aren't going to deliver could you at least own up to it?