Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Brishi? AFK? No waaaaay.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    He sleeps sometimes.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Would it be possible to move the Taekate limb damage messages in line with the attack? It seems outlandish that this hasn't been done already.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Think Jeremy said its on the to do list 3 months ago
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I wish they'd make a 'stream punk Mechanical class' where they have a weapon that transforms into different types of weapons (crossbow, flintlock, double bladed gauntlet [like shredder], etc).
  • edited February 2014
    Are you asking to become Jayce?

<div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Be careful what you wish for. You may not be very good at it. Like Kanthari and the violin.

Steampunk would be cool, but there's really not enough background for it to be released as a class yet. Not to mention, technically, AM has the best storyline for it, followed by Demonic for picking up a steam punk profession. Would be cool though.
  • Idea #55673                   Reporter(s): Ario
    Priority: Ideas

Reported by Ario at 2014/02/15 08:50:
    Have weaponlist and armorlist apply to shop wares allowing you to see group stats within shelves
    instead of having to weaponprobe individual weapons, also gives people something else to work
    towards in weaponry after quickdraw.

• That's already how it works from what I understand. I could be wrong though, but I thought that was how Khizan looks through stacks of armour to find good ones.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    yes, you just WEAPONLIST <thing> SHOP for example.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    yes, you just WEAPONLIST <thing> SHOP for example.
  • - Maybe remove eq/bal cost from resists. While there are skills to increase damage taken, they seem to be ones you simply have to fight through (eg breathsap, etc), so knowing your audit wouldn't confer anything useful, while it's a nice QoL for bashing. Note that I'm newb and don't know PK so maybe there are reasons for this!

- GMEMBERS - the display is quite messy and outdated. Fixing it was the first script I wrote for Impy. A sort by rank or alphabetically or something would be awesome.

- Reserves are a pretty unclear concept to a new player. I'm still trying to figure out what they mean, although I suspect proper use will be quite vital in many situations. A better introduction to their use could be really great!

- Default path landmark for the generator would be bamf. I find myself checking CHELP for directions every time I try to go there.

- Some help file about Imperian-specific bashing would be cool. The waves concept is REALLY AWESOME and should be highlighted (perhaps even include an example in the newb zones) as it's a spotlight feature that isn't really advertised, but it's pretty darn cool and can definitely snag new player interest.

- This may just be me being newb (it probably is) but the sustained vs dropped defences seems entirely arbitrary. Imperian is really enticing because of how little you need to code and manage, letting you jump right in, and def management seems a bit wonky in that regard. Some stuff happily persists through death, while other stuff doesn't, and qqing clears them all, which only encourages idling and news camping, which makes it all seem a bit random - why bother clearing some defs but not others, and why does qqing kill them? It's clear that the COST isn't a factor here as the expensive defs persist, nor is time an issue, as you can redef during death sequence, which leaves def management feeling like rather arbitrary tedium.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    go to the generator and MEMORISE AS GENERATOR then you can PATH FIND GENERATOR

• IniarIniar Australia
    I know people have mentioned this, but I'd love to be able to have a list of deathsights that I can rotate through;

I know I'd pay good credits for it. Maybe have a lock out time for changing (once a day)?
  • VivianneVivianne Atlanta, GA
    edited February 2014
    Hrm, I'm confused. Can we not make a pathfind alias to the generator? Being in Stavenn, it is just pathfind Stavenn then go west once, so I really have not experienced any generator pathfinding problems :/ But I never thought of it either! I will play around and see.
  • As far as pathfinding go: Why is the the default location of PATH FIND SHOPS not set to the Directory (which is normally the hub location for the shops anyway)? Also, I'd be great if each council would include locations for the Bank and Generator, even though I've already set them up in the mapper/landmarks.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Tbh, since a lot of this stuff is city specific. I'd love to see city tagged rooms (I'm really just elaborating on the awesome idea from @Ario )

Path find: Directory, Toxins, Forge (default city forge like Old Forge, Dark Forgeroom), Generator, General store (I, II) (need some way to differentiate), Comm shop, Teacher, Newsroom, Mailroom, Bank, Auction House, Tavern, Arena, Kennel, Stable, Lists, Square (Square would be like KC, Ruby Square, Shuk, Wendigo Catwalk, wherever in Celidon, Entering Gates of stavenn...aka: Main hangout spot)

Or at least...path find noun_city

Additionally, I'd like to see path find (proficiency teacher name). And path find (area) synced to help geography so you can do path find (whatever shoes up there)

Honestly, if you really wanted to. You could include a 'tagging system' where you could add a tag name to a room you want to use frequently.
    Example, Aryana's Spring...path find tag spring. It's always saved in my players whatever as spring=1. I'm not sure how this would work space-wise or if it would cause any problems, but it's something Lionas added to the mapper that is badass. You could allow infinite (maybe problematic) or offer 10-20 rooms per person and sell a token item to increase this by 10/20/30/40 because yay, capitalism. 

other examples
    Path find tag Chorsa_monolith (Aspect mono)
    path find tag Ogreboss1 (Ouogakk)
    path find tag stupidwraithdeath (Deradil)

Edit: also for artifact people
    path find marketstall
    path find tent

• I'm pleasantly surprised by how much imperian has improved since I last played.

If you got those free credits/lessons sooner (it takes forever to bash up to 80, 90) then the game would be a lot more playable for a newbie, I could probably even recommend it to other people with a straight face.
  • Ahkan said:
    Honestly, if you really wanted to. You could include a 'tagging system' where you could add a tag name to a room you want to use frequently.
    Example, Aryana's Spring...path find tag spring. It's always saved in my players whatever as spring=1. I'm not sure how this would work space-wise or if it would cause any problems, but it's something Lionas added to the mapper that is badass. You could allow infinite (maybe problematic) or offer 10-20 rooms per person and sell a token item to increase this by 10/20/30/40 because yay, capitalism. 

other examples
    Path find tag Chorsa_monolith (Aspect mono)
    path find tag Ogreboss1 (Ouogakk)
    path find tag stupidwraithdeath (Deradil)

Edit: also for artifact people
    path find marketstall
    path find tent

How does this differe from "MEMORISE AS CHORSHAMONO" or the like?

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Aren't landmarks room # limited?

Edit: I remember back in the day, you couldn't use 'walk to' outside of a certain radius? I'm not sure if that's changed with path find? I dunno. I could test it, but then I'd have to count rooms and crap. Also, I remember walk to being slow.

Edit 2:
    memorise as Monarch
    You concentrate on your surroundings, imprinting them into your memory.
    bal:2.90

path find monarch
    Distance to Monarch Square: 92.
    Path: w, s, sw, se, s, sw, s, se, s, s, s, se, sw, sw, w, se, se, se, sw, s, s, s, sw, sw, w, s, w, sw, s, s, se, s, s, sw, w, s, s, s, s, s, nw, w, s, s, sw, w, s, s, se, s, w, w, nw, u, u, s, w, w, w, w, sw, se, s, sw, w, s, s, s, sw, se, s, se, s, s, e, se, se, se, s, s, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e, e
    Use PATH GO to travel there.

Also, if you're inside your city: LANDMARKS  <--- (I had to caps this because I was using mudbot)
    *********************************[ Landmarks ]*********************************
    Name                  Location
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monarch               personal  Monarch Square
    Tutor                 local     Within the Ancient Redwood
    Rats                  local     Within the Ancient Redwood
    Shops                 local     An open-air market
    Council               local     The Council Chambers
    Post                  local     The Bird Loft
    Arena                 local     The mighty boughs of a Redwood
    Saboteurs             local     Entering Monarch Square
    Tzolkin               local     The edge of the Khandava Council
    Generalstore          local     An open-air market
    (Still missing directory)
    Type PATH FIND <landmark name> to find a path to that landmark.
    Usage: LANDMARKS, LANDMARKS PUBLIC, LANDMARKS CITY, LANDMARKS ALL, and AREAS
  • I just gave it a quick look, but it looks like all radius restrictions were removed for PATH FIND and WALK TO of personal landmarks. WALK TO <landmark> does take balance each step, so it will be slower than PATH FIND <landmark>.

Each city has a set of local landmarks, are the ones that exist not sufficient?
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • LANDMARKS
    Tutor                 local     The extensive Stavenn Library
    Rats                  local     The end of Via Efferus
    Shops                 local     Passing a bakery
    Council               local     Council of Ephors
    Post                  local     Stavennite Post Office
    Arena                 local     Roomy waiting area
    Noctusari             local     A sharp turn in the Imperial Parade
    Revenants             local     Dead end on the Via Incola
    Generalstore          local     Provisions of Stavenn

Hey local landmarks are also defined by the area you're in. Nifty.

• Eoghan said:
    I just gave it a quick look, but it looks like all radius restrictions were removed for PATH FIND and WALK TO of personal landmarks. WALK TO <landmark> does take balance each step, so it will be slower than PATH FIND <landmark>.

Each city has a set of local landmarks, are the ones that exist not sufficient?
    Well, for example:

Ahkan said:
    LANDMARKS
    Tutor                 local     The extensive Stavenn Library
    Rats                  local     The end of Via Efferus
    Shops                 local     Passing a bakery
    Council               local     Council of Ephors
    Post                  local     Stavennite Post Office
    Arena                 local     Roomy waiting area
    Noctusari             local     A sharp turn in the Imperial Parade
    Revenants             local     Dead end on the Via Incola
    Generalstore          local     Provisions of Stavenn

Hey local landmarks are also defined by the area you're in. Nifty.
    Stavenn Landmark: Shops directs you northwest of the Directory. Would be nice for all cities default landmark of Shops to be the Directory.
    I also think that outside of Bank/Generator, we should have Commodity added to the general landmarks for cities/councils.

• I know everyone is upset about the springs. Just give it a little longer!
  • edited February 2014
    The Shops landmark for each city is now set to the room the directory is in. 

I've added the following landmarks to each city: Bank, Generator, Commodities.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • Thanks @Eoghan. Much appreciated.
    Svorai said:
    I know everyone is upset about the springs. Just give it a little longer!
    Changing the reincarnate dagger would be nice, though, just for convenience sake.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    Please don't let Redemption wipe my Wytch marks. </3

E: No seriously, it's like hit hit hit -ad break/toilet break- hit hit hit

E2: I finally remembered why I stopped playing Wytch.

You reach out and hastily scrawl the Mark of Cadmus and the Mark of Buul on Kryss.
    Equilibrium Taken: 2.75s
    Enough time for Azefel to one shot some of my team members :D
    Buul vs Arctar => 300 ms ping failure or 300 ms slower aff rate. Ball's in your court, Iniar.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    excuse me it takes about 4 seconds for me to 1 shot them!