Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• When there's 4 people active in a guild and two of them are a married couple, and another is their bestie and logs on just enough to be considered active...

(just in case anyone's getting offended, I'm not talking about any guild in particular-- just pointing out the issues)
  • IniarIniar Australia

The Guilds of Aetherius

CircleCity / CouncilGuildProfessionsDescription
    Anti-MagickAntiochthe AvengersMonkPredator- Untainted by magick, untouched by demon, perfect harmony of body and mind
    the CrusadersPriestTemplar- Where magick is found, the Crusaders will bring their Truth
    the DunestridersOutrider- Survivalists of the great Shaahri desert
    the WardancersRangerWardancer- War is a dance, and a Wardancer dictates its tempo
    Ithaqua (forestal)the IdrasPredator- The wolves of Ithaqua
    the SentinelsAmazonOutrider- Ever vigilant guardians of the Northern Forest
    the WardensMonkRanger- The Vagabond Kings, wardens of Aetherius
    MagickCelidon (forestal)the HuntersHunter- The open road beckons
    the SilvariDruid-
    the StormweaversBardMage- Wielding earthsong and the elemental tempest, they invoke the raw power of the raging storm
    Kinsarmarthe AnimistsDruid-
    the BardsBard- Weaving song and artistry, their very voices can turn mortal to stone
    the SpectresRenegade- The Secret Hand of the fortress-city Kinsarmar
    the VindicatorsHunterMageRuneguard- By blade or magick, they defend the soul of freedom
    DemonicKhandava (forestal)the SaboteursAssassinSummoner- Deadly assassins of the Empire
    the TzolkinDefilerWytchDeathknight- Practitioners of the mysterious shamanic arts
    Stavennthe NoctusariSummonerWytchAssassin- Masters of dark magicks and enslavers of demons
    the RevenantsDeathknightDefilerDiabolist- The military might of Stavenn, powerful necromancers in their own right

Handy overview.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • I like how the Silvari and Animists have no information, as if we don't know what they are :(
  • Khizan said:
    Aulani said:
    Just because Khizan doesn't choose to throw his roleplay in everyone's face doesn't mean he doesn't have a fairly in depth character that acts accordingly, learns from past experience and evolves. (And most importantly is fun for him.) Not everyone is into throwing giant, self indulgent emotes around, though I personally enjoy it even though I don't partake often.

Khizan, though... he likes cats and pretty girls and killing people and the grand causes can go hang. He's just as happy cracking heads with a mace and flirting with priestesses as he is with a quarterstaff and a bardlette or a tarot deck and a succubus. As far as the grand causes go, he's cheerfully amoral and will generally go with whatever causes the most bloodshed, because good fights don't come around as often as they should but cats and girls are everywhere.

And historically speaking, the best long-term backup Juran could ask for.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Forcing guilds to merge is a terrible, awful idea. (Look who suggested it?). The only thing it's going to cause is eighty forms of resentment and a drama bomb down the road. Most of the un-merged guilds are that way because of insular cliques or the land of misfit toys. They don't want to be merged. Forcing someone to do something they don't want to do is how you got anti-magick's ass kicked over Christmas and New Years. You'd think you'd learn lessons.

To be fair, Ithaqua has been the land of misfit toys for years now.
  • edited February 2014
    @Maglust on Demonic attacking Yagduth:
    (Ring): Maglust says, "Demonic takes on Yagduth! and loses more people then the last 3 obelisks fights put togather."

Ahkan tells you, "This is amazing."

Best bashing trip ever? Yes.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Step 1: Explain the 'sit' mechanic to demonic.

Step 2: Ready check.

Step 3: Profit

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard whistles harmlessly over your head.
    Captain Yagduth says, in Orcish, "Ha ha, fleshies. Yagduth got you now."
    The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Emileigh's neck, blood spraying as her head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Emileigh.

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Iroth's neck, blood spraying as his head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Iroth.

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Maglust's neck, blood spraying as his head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Maglust.

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Vivianne's neck, blood spraying as her head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Vivianne.

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Iluv's neck, blood spraying as his head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Iluv.
    Captain Yagduth ceases spinning his vicious weapon above his head.

An ominous ferry drifts up to shore and Iluv, riding a giant bone-armoured vampire bat named Bartok, disembarks. The deathly ferryman immediately shoves off and his boat fades from view.

14:48 Ahkan: Sit.

The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard whistles harmlessly over your head.
    Captain Yagduth says, in Orcish, "Ha ha, fleshies. Yagduth got you now."
    The cruel black iron of Yagduth's primitive fauchard slices deeply into Iluv's neck, blood spraying as his head goes flying.
    Captain Yagduth has slain Iluv.

20:50 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:48 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:46 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:43 - Cyris was slain by an undead wolf.
     20:43 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:42 - Vivianne was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:41 - Emileigh was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:40 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:39 - Emileigh was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:38 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:38 - Maglust was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:35 - Emileigh was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:35 - Iroth was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:35 - Maglust was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:35 - Vivianne was slain by Captain Yagduth.
     20:35 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    More misadventures in achievement chasing. No one told Demonic you have to Kronk your way out of Khakgugh.

21:38 - Ryax was slain by misadventure.
     21:36 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:36 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:35 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:34 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:32 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:32 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:30 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:30 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:29 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:27 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:26 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:22 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:21 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:19 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:18 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:17 - Vivianne was slain by Brishi.
     21:16 - Maglust was slain by misadventure.
     21:16 - Shaheen was slain by a feral lycaean.
     21:14 - Shaheen was slain by a dire wolf.
     21:14 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:14 - Maglust was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:14 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:12 - Aleria was slain by misadventure.
     21:12 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:11 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:09 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:08 - Caelya was slain by a lumbering ogre soldier.
     21:08 - Vivianne was slain by a lumbering ogre soldier.
     21:07 - Emileigh was slain by misadventure.
     21:06 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:05 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:03 - Iluv was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:01 - Maglust was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:01 - Emileigh was slain by a lumbering ogre soldier.
     21:00 - Ryax was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     21:00 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.
     20:59 - Emileigh was slain by Khakgugh, the Orc General.

UNTIL...hero mode. 
    15:33 Ahkan: You kill him with the lever iirc.
    15:33 Caelya: When.
    15:34 Ahkan: God.
    15:34 Ahkan: You missed the window.
    15:34 Ahkan: It's <20.
    15:34 Ahkan: When he's <20%.
    15:34 Caelya: Well #$*(5 say that.
    15:34 Ahkan: You need to pull the lever.
    15:34 Ahkan: Or he vitalities.
    15:34 Emileigh: No one told us!
    15:34 Ahkan: I thought you knew?

15:37 Ahkan: KRONK. PULL ZEE LEVA!

You yank firmly on the lever and watch as the ceiling above you parts to reveal that the floor of the room above you was a giant trapdoor.
    Emileigh comes tumbling down through the overhead trapdoor.
    Maglust comes tumbling down through the overhead trapdoor.
    Iniar comes tumbling down through the overhead trapdoor.
    Iluv comes tumbling down through the overhead trapdoor.
    Ryax comes tumbling down through the overhead trapdoor.
    Khakgugh, the Orc General comes tumbling down, his huge body unable to avoid the wicked stakes sticking up from the ground. Punctured in many places, the vicious Orc General breathes his last.
    The final blow is too much, you have slain Khakgugh, the Orc General.
    You take a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a banded shield, a dark obsidian vial, a gem of cloaking, a birchwood vial, a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a dark obsidian vial, a jack-o-lantern shaped bag, a segmented flail of white platinum, a key, a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a gold ink, an iron vial of the Diavlous, an iron collar bearing the crest of the Diavlous Knights, a dark obsidian vial, a delicate ebony and rose-hued pipe, a sliver of corrupt shadow, a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a key, a delicate ebony and rose-hued pipe, a diamond dusted vial, a delicate ebony and rose-hued pipe, an iron vial of the Diavlous, a delicate ebony and rose-hued pipe, a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a mercurial sapphire blue sinn vial, a dark obsidian vial, a delicate ebony and rose-hued pipe, a carnassial girdle and many golden sovereigns from the corpse as you pick it up.

That stuff he pinata'd? It was all ours. Yup. We're heroes.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Cadeyrn said:
    I like how the Silvari and Animists have no information, as if we don't know what they are :(
    I don't know what they are. :( Fill it in on the wiki? Thanks. :P
  • edited February 2014
    Iniar said:
    Cadeyrn said:
    I like how the Silvari and Animists have no information, as if we don't know what they are :(
    I don't know what they are. :( Fill it in on the wiki? Thanks. :P
    "We're the remnants of the Arboreals!"
    "NO, WE'RE THE REMNANTS OF THE ARBOREALS!"
    "NUH UH!"
    "UH HUH!"

Also, they exist for the same goddamn reason the Dunestriders do: the founders had a race to chartertown and the boys upstairs didn't put the kabosh on one of them when the other was confirmed.

EDIT: My history might be a little hazy, the Animists came first and then the Silvari came around a little bit later.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Also, they exist for the same goddamn reason the Dunestriders do: the founders had a race to chartertown and the boys upstairs didn't put the kabosh on one of them when the other was confirmed.
    I know this fits nicely into your narrative, but if you actually look at the history of both guilds the Dunestriders had the far more successful run. They've always been bigger, had a more active leadership, and in general contributed more to the game.
  • edited February 2014
    Juran said:
    Sarrius said:
    I know this fits nicely into your narrative, but if you actually look at the history of both guilds the Dunestriders had the far more successful run. They've always been bigger, had a more active leadership, and in general contributed more to the game.

I will concede this - I just disagree with their existence on principle. Antioch never needed that additional guild, and Ithaqua needed the 'appeal' of another exclusive guild to help them pull in more unique members. As well, while those things might have been true in the past, they just don't really do much right now. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have witnessed them actually tend to their newbies. It's usually left to other guilds to pick up the slack on CT. Of course, with novicehood being phased in to cities, maybe this isn't such a great metric to measure activity by.

We were so close to getting them merged in to some guild, but then they changed leaders again. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • VerexaVerexa Canada
    edited February 2014
    Your linked beech tree has been felled by Caelya!
    @Caelya is a tree killer. :(

Edit: On a side-note, I probably shouldn't be linked with trees if I'm not a Druid anymore.
  • Ahkan said:.
     20:35 - Iluv was slain by Captain Yagduth.
    Stupid gagged "stand" trigger AND input.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Khizan said:
    Aulani said:
    Just because Khizan doesn't choose to throw his roleplay in everyone's face doesn't mean he doesn't have a fairly in depth character that acts accordingly, learns from past experience and evolves. (And most importantly is fun for him.) Not everyone is into throwing giant, self indulgent emotes around, though I personally enjoy it even though I don't partake often.

It's hard for a lot of people to take Khizan very seriously as a character because of a lack of depth, really.

Bathan cares about oaths and honor and knighthood and heroism, and he badly wants to be a hero on the "good" side and he's having a crisis of faith and so forth. Kanthari cares about Khandava and the Leechtree and Nyrohi and Nemesis and he believes in those causes. Big, deep causes. Heavy things. Things with meaning, things with background and story.

Khizan, though... he likes cats and pretty girls and killing people and the grand causes can go hang. He's just as happy cracking heads with a mace and flirting with priestesses as he is with a quarterstaff and a bardlette or a tarot deck and a succubus. As far as the grand causes go, he's cheerfully amoral and will generally go with whatever causes the most bloodshed, because good fights don't come around as often as they should but cats and girls are everywhere.

It's a perfectly reasonable worldview for Aetherius, but it does make him something of a class clown in a world of high drama.

Man I really like the way you explain it. :( I'd circle hop more but losing professions is so costly and emotionally expensive. :p
  • (Ring): Ahkan says, "What Vivianne said."

(Ring): Ahkan says, "Don't do that."

This is like an everyday thing in demonic chat. I'm not sure if it's good or bad.

• IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    Azefel making me a new one.

408[85] 669[100] eb db 3 0 50.55 0 [0] T: Azefel [A!Ob!0] Q: impatience, numbness
    Spinning off the momentum of his last blow, Azefel whips his blade at you once again.
    Azefel slashed your head.
    [EDEN]: PARRY PARRY PARRY PARRY Head 0.67 0.67 0.67 0.67
    Damage Taken: 72 cutting, physical (raw damage: 106)
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    Azefel slashes at your head with the edge of his the shield of the mango tree.
    Damage Taken: 52 blunt, physical (raw damage: 69)
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    You are afflicted with sensitivity.
    Azefel slashed your head.
    You are afflicted with damaged head.
    You are afflicted with stupidity.
    You suddenly find it hard to finish thinking of...
    Damage Taken: 114 cutting, physical (raw damage: 122)
    The idea of eating or drinking is repulsive to you.
    You are afflicted with anorexia.
    Azefel dashes at you, leaps into the air and strikes you in the chest before falling to the ground himself.
    Damage Taken: 161 blunt (raw damage: 163)
    You are afflicted with prone.
    Autocuring: apply epidermal
    Too dumb.
    8[1] 669[100] eb pb 10 0 50.55 0 [4] T: Azefel [A!Ob!0] Q: impatience, numbness

</3
  • IniarIniar Australia

423[77] 637[100] eb db 0 0 50.76 0 [15] <-- my affcount

Zith's hands briefly turn black.
    You feel Zith's mind reaching out towards yours, wreathed in flames.
    Pain floods your mind as a fiery onslaught overcomes you briefly, leaving behind an odd sensation.
    You are afflicted with masochism.
    Damage Taken: 44 magickal, mental (raw damage: 49)
    Zith places both hands on either side of your head and stares straight into your eyes. A ghostly ochre light gleams from his 
    pupils and shoots into your eyes, and your mind expands with alien and strange visions.
    You yell, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    def- insomnia.
    Your faith decreases as you fall to the might of Zith.
    You have been slain by Zith.
    You gasp with the realization that Zith has reached the pk level of 5th Rank of the Infinite.

Zith tells you, "Oops."

You tell Lord Zith Q'azis, "Lies :D."

Zith tells you, "True."

Mathiaus tells you, "That seems fun." 

You tell Lord Zith Q'azis, "Hahaha."

Zith tells you, "Hahahha."

Zith tells you, "I did it for the PK rank :(."
  • I meant to put this up earlier, after giving Ladaia her family ring.

Aulani: You say, "If Ario gets uppity, make sure you hit him with the back of your hand across the cheek. It'll leave a nice mark."

Khizan: Hahaha

Khizan: Aulani is the best mom

• Svorai gives Svorai's heart to you.

A six chambered heart, complete with tubes, has been carefully blown from
    glass, every inch covered in intricate details. Filtered water rests within it,
    allowing a shimmering blue fish to swim about with ease. Resting at the bottom
    of the heart is a pure-white lily, its petals waving lightly within the water.
    Seeming to orbit within the heart itself is a small shadowy orb, its path
    constant as it circles the glass.

Please don't kill me @Aleutia !

• edited February 2014
    Mercer said:

Svorai gives Svorai's heart to you.

A six chambered heart, complete with tubes, has been carefully blown from
    glass, every inch covered in intricate details. Filtered water rests within it,
    allowing a shimmering blue fish to swim about with ease. Resting at the bottom
    of the heart is a pure-white lily, its petals waving lightly within the water.
    Seeming to orbit within the heart itself is a small shadowy orb, its path
    constant as it circles the glass.

Please don't kill me @Aleutia !

That looks awesome! 
  • The voice of Svorai, the Refreshing Spirit thunders across the firmament accompanied by the roar of crashing waves, "And we end with Aleutia with 16596, Mujandhir with 7138, and Alvetta with 6550."

• Aleutia said:
    The voice of Svorai, the Refreshing Spirit thunders across the firmament accompanied by the roar of crashing waves, "And we end with Aleutia with 16596, Mujandhir with 7138, and Alvetta with 6550."

I may of had a little too much fun with how many gems were available. I may of had put out ...10x more gems than usual.
  • edited February 2014

The voice of Svorai, the Refreshing Spirit thunders across the firmament accompanied by the roar of crashing waves, "Khizan took first with 1564, Skye second with 1149, and Zith in third with 281!"

I <3 that Aleutia let somebody else win a gemhunt for once. 

I also love PvP gemhunt where people don't just funnel all their gems into somebody sitting in defenses permanently.

I DO think that Veils should be negated while gemhunts are going on, though. :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    Kappa draws back the string on his longbow, his eyes scanning the sky when he lets an arrow fly.
    Sadly, he misjudges his draw and the arrow wings so close to your face you feel the brush of a feather against your cheek.

I will burn Kappa if it's the last thing I do (before I leave Imperian).
  • Iniar said:
    Kappa draws back the string on his longbow, his eyes scanning the sky when he lets an arrow fly.
    Sadly, he misjudges his draw and the arrow wings so close to your face you feel the brush of a feather against your cheek.

I will burn Kappa if it's the last thing I do (before I leave Imperian).
    That kid really should grow up one of these days.
  • edited February 2014
    Owned.

In this log you can see Alvetta, Pellerin and Mathiaus attempting to take a shardfall currently being harvested by myself and Wysrias.

First mistake they made was prioritizing the tankiest person as the first target.

Second, it seemed like they wanted to push damage as their strategy. Pellerin was using broadswords but for some reason, doesn't seem like he was using them to push sensitivity/sowulu? Why? If you're not going to do that, you're better off using sabres.

edit: It looks like Pellerin was trying to use sowulu but it had absolutely no effect because I was not undeaf. Whyyyy?

Third, Mathiaus started out with the right idea of straight pushing damage, but half way through the fight, he started using voice affliction skills that did absolutely nothing. I'm not sure if Mathiaus is even tracking affs. You can't tell because he doesn't push a single affliction to move ahead. Why? Because he doesn't understand how to stack afflictions at all. He tries to push slickness and anorexia before asthma and impatience? No wonder he's not getting anywhere. Sure, Bards are lacking in giving physical afflictions but he does have a Runeguard with him, who has access to all the toxin afflictions, nairat AND loshre. Simple tracking between the two professions would have changed the outcome of that fight.

Fourth, they failed to stop a single timewarp.