Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• IniarIniar Australia
    best feeling is winning the lopsided battle

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Mathiaus said:
    I can easily think of a few reasons why I personally choose to instant kill in team at the moment:

1. Certain people in our groups spam wrong targets, and some will switch to the new target when they shouldn't, making damage upkeep difficult on all of us

2. Only a few people in magick code well anymore and have reflexes set to stop instant kills or upkeep on combat awareness.

3. I'm still missing a larger portion of my old system, especially things like smart parrying, instant kills, and watching walls/escapes/defending/etc. Slowly collecting it all again.

"My team can't stop instantkills(because they are bad), they don't focus fire(because they are bad), and my system isn't 100% perfect yet, so I am spamming instant kills so that I can infiltrate this badness problem and take it out from the inside."

I'm... not sure how well that plan's gonna work out for you, man.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Caelya says, "There's some place in the us where they'll pay you like 25 bucks for each coyote you kill."
    (Ring): Ladaia says, "GTA V?"
    (Ring): You say, "Lol."
    (Ring): Caelya says, "Haha."
    (Ring): Ladaia says, "Ba dum tsh!"
    Lol
  • edited February 2014
    stand::attack Ouogakk
    Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain unlimbers both of his massive shields and holds one in each hand, crouching 
    down in a defensive stance.
    Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain says, "Come, fleshies! Ouogakk ready."
    rt Ouogakk Special! Don't hit!::rt Ouogakk Special! Don't hit!
    H:580(100%) M:604(99%) <eb db> 0 0 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:0 Taint: 0 <Ouogakk>
    Iroth takes a drink from a whimsical firefly vial of scarlet glass.
    H:580(100%) M:604(99%) <eb db> 0 0 0 [0h/0m] AFF:0 MENT:0 Taint: 0 <Ouogakk>
    You point an imperious finger at Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain. Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain's skin cracks 
    and sizzles as flames spontaneously erupt all over his body.
    Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain says, "Ha ha, fleshie! Ouogakk got you now."
    You are no longer mounted on a giant bone-armoured vampire bat named Bartok.
    You have lost the insomnia defence.
    Ouogakk intercepts your attack with one of his shields and barrels into you, knocking you down. With a 
    roar of triumph, he raises one of his serrated shields high above his head and brings it crashing down 
    on your exposed neck, instantly severing your head.
    You have been slain by Ouogakk, the Ogre Captain.

Bad Lag.

How do use quotes on these terrible forums?

• Caelya Talmarian, Siege Mistress says, "Ario is intent on merging with her."

@Caelya, Resistance is Futile.

• IniarIniar Australia
    (Ring): Caelya says, "Reverse Khizan is Nazi with some extra german sounds thrown on the end."

• Ahkan has fulfilled your council bounty against Kryss.
    You have fulfilled a bounty, but you are unable to receive your own favour as a reward.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Your bug #55385 has been processed and given the 'Emote' priority for further review and/or correction.

\o/
  • Which reminds me:
    Your bug #55330 has been processed and given the 'SkillIdeas' priority for further review and/or correction.
    Hopefully that means I can finally be like an evil Galadriel except with an awesome, custom-designed shadow crown.

• So that's what F2 looks like.

• Message #336   Sent By: Jeremy          Received On: 2/08/2014/16:55
    "Okay, so I don't think we are going to allow a new guild at this time. The last thing Ithaqua really needs right now is a new guild. I think you can rejoin the Idras, interact with the existing guild, and rework it from there."

"Hey, so, this other character shafted a guild. I understand there was roleplay that was going to the elimination of the Idras and all that, but I'm pretty sure you can totally ignore everything that happened, rejoin the Idras and fix that for me. Thx."

I'm pretty sure that's not my job. :( Someone else go fix the Idras.
  • If your not willing to fix a guild then why should Admin/Staff give you a new guild to mess up?  If said guild was 'fixed' maybe Admin might think oh look Ithaqua guilds are all working good, lets put another one into the mix as that city knows how to handle/take care of the guilds... :/ Just my 2 cents @Kira
  • edited February 2014

Nyoka said:
    If your not willing to fix a guild then why should Admin/Staff give you a new guild to mess up?  If said guild was 'fixed' maybe Admin might think oh look Ithaqua guilds are all working good, lets put another one into the mix as that city knows how to handle/take care of the guilds... :/ Just my 2 cents @Kira
    Because I've fixed it twice before and come back to other people breaking it?
    Because it's a game and I have other things to do?
    Because the roleplay didn't go that way?
    You're welcome to alt it up and fix it, though. Totally don't mind at all. I, unfortunately, tend to follow my roleplay. My roleplay does not involve my character going back to a guild that cast her out, even if it's by a GM that bailed for demonic. :S

EDIT: I also don't feel obligated to beg and writhe about for someone else's failings in order to hope for something new. I'm bored enough and have spent enough years in this game amusing myself. If the admin says no, that's fine. We can keep status quo. I can totally do status quo.
  • There's not enough population to even come close to justifying the creation of another guild, even if you're really upset about how your fixed and immutable RP clashes with the existing guilds.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited February 2014

I agree that it'd be snug, but this was based on the concept that we'd be effectively getting rid of the Idras guild.

Edit - Also, I didn't put the whole of everything here because I ran out of emotion. And steam. And energy. But, the roleplay, people, funding and charter were prepped. I'm always sad when I get a large group of people ready for something that needs people and then I have to tell everyone nevermind, Jeremy said no.

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Leadership isn't for everyone. Food for thought?

Devil's advocate. I'm sure there's a silent population (minority, majority, who cares) that thinks the Idras are fine. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if they messaged Jeremy to ask to remove you from power?

Logic: This would set a terrible precedent of "I don't get my way" or "I don't play well with others" please make a guild so I can ignore people. Next thing you know we'll call them houses and start drinking each other's blood.

Logic 2: Small city. Small population. No sir. Too dilute. Much wow.

tl;dr. Bad idea. +100 to Jeremy
  • Ahkan said:
    words
    Ithaqua has about sixteen or so people on each day, most of which belong to one guild. I'm pretty sure we could totally dilute a little. But, sure, whatever.

Silent population of the Idras: five active members (four if you're excluding one little). Four were on par with joining said new guild. I guess your logic can totally stand, though.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    that's 25% of your city's population! (4/16 -> 1/4). Perfect balance would be four way split, no?  Assuming that the idras aren't the 'big' guild, than four would be a majority for a 'tiny' guild. With support like that, why not just fix the current guild? 
  • Because the guild snubbed her once and so she can have nothing to do with it. You would know nothing about this because you don't do real RP; real RP is fixed and immutable, forever unchanging.

• Seems like a really good reason to go in and completely gut and rebuild a Guild into something new. Like the ultimate screw you for ousting me.

I can understand not wanting to do that work, but at the same time building a new guild is just as much, if not more work then that. And honestly 16 active people in one Guild isn't that much, let alone in one city/council.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Thanks to a friendly treant, I heard your interaction/discussion/meeting. (Thanks Ozreas)

Your problem is not the guild/person. Your problem is that you're not as evil as Aleutia. :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Alternatively, come to demonic and start a new guild. We have 4.

(Yes, I'm a dirty double poster)

(( On second thoughts, don't. 4 is good. ))
  • On the topic of number of guilds.. I wish I could force guilds to merge in to other guilds, but that would be stupid and oppressive and abusable. The Dunestriders don't do anything for their novices, haven't updated their guild help file to reflect the Outrider revamp, and only exist because somebody decided to race the Frostbringers to chartertown years ago when Ithaqua needed that third guild and the benefits way more than Antioch ever did.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Khizan said:
    Because the guild snubbed her once and so she can have nothing to do with it. You would know nothing about this because you don't do real RP; real RP is fixed and immutable, forever unchanging.
    While I agree that a new guild is the last thing Ithaqua needs, you commenting on roleplay makes about as much sense as me commenting on what kind of car someone chooses to drive. :(
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Burn it all. All of them into the ground!
  • Just because Khizan doesn't choose to throw his roleplay in everyone's face doesn't mean he doesn't have a fairly in depth character that acts accordingly, learns from past experience and evolves. (And most importantly is fun for him.) Not everyone is into throwing giant, self indulgent emotes around, though I personally enjoy it even though I don't partake often.
  • Sarrius said:
    On the topic of number of guilds.. I wish I could force guilds to merge in to other guilds, but that would be stupid and oppressive and abusable. The Dunestriders don't do anything for their novices, haven't updated their guild help file to reflect the Outrider revamp, and only exist because somebody decided to race the Frostbringers to chartertown years ago when Ithaqua needed that third guild and the benefits way more than Antioch ever did.

Blah blah blah guild pride but seriously, at some point, a guild of 4 active people is really better off just combining with another one. Unless we manage to aqquire a much larger playerbase, I'm of the opinion that currently, we have way too many guilds.
  • The excuse is that players can initiate guild mergers. My opinion is just an unpopular one, so it won't ever really happen.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>