Skip to content

Things you wish you had learnt/done a lot sooner (about Imperian)

* The config separator option - when @Tsinghahla showed it to me, I cried while I redid all my aliases.
* AB <skillname> RANKS
* That you can tumble prone
* Shard Plants being a thing
* Ritual Aura being a thing
* Readplog
* That 'kneel' requires balance 
* That Chameleon perma-tattoo is awesome
* That phased people show up on foreboding
* That artifact pets were so awesome >:[
* Making a panic-try-every-exit alias
* Making a set of parry aliases (I r lazy)
* Making a Shard Disrupt alias
* Making a disable/sleep/sleep alias that works no matter what class I'm in
wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure

Comments

• MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    - Pellets are cheap and edible
    - Mounts could waterwalk
    - Tentacle tattoo yanks people in trees
    - "creature" works for a wide variety of bashing
    - order loyals follow me
    - When I figured out how to use if statements to track rebounding

Brings back fond memories.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited February 2014
    Yes the loyals one :( I remember Selthis/Menoch telling me that I could 'order loyals follow me' after they watched me spam them with 'order bubonis follow me' 'order doppleganger follow me' fun times :D

E: Also, how awesome Kanthari/Aleutia are at roleplay. Made me wish I had swapped to Khandava way sooner.
  • Oh, one that I learned fairly recently. Tells you all the gold in your various packs, etc.

GOLD
    You have 524,708 gold in your inventory and have 22,000 gold in your bank accounts.
  • Aulani said:

Oh, one that I learned fairly recently. Tells you all the gold in your various packs, etc.

GOLD
    You have 524,708 gold in your inventory and have 22,000 gold in your bank accounts.

To be fair. I believe that one it's fairly new
  • IniarIniar Australia
    It's been showing up on gmcp for a while. Just didn't know there's an associated in-game command :)
  • VivianneVivianne Atlanta, GA
    Iniar said:
    Yes the loyals one :( I remember Selthis/Menoch telling me that I could 'order loyals follow me' after they watched me spam them with 'order bubonis follow me' 'order doppleganger follow me' fun times :D

E: Also, how awesome Kanthari/Aleutia are at roleplay. Made me wish I had swapped to Khandava way sooner.
    hehe I used to order each of my loyals individually as well.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I forgot one! Learning Lua for Mudlet since I used nexus for years and years.
    edited February 2014
    I learned that no one uses artifact bows bows in general here... It'd be awesome if we did! <3
  • Vivianne said:
    I learned that no one uses artifact bows bows in general here... It'd be awesome if we did! <3
    The reason behind this is, the few people who did use artifact bows had broken skillsets, and so only used them to get kills at range/whoring at range. Thus, these skills were nerfed into oblivion, and bows are now largely useless. Range combat is contradictory to the combat set up of Imperian (You hit me, I hit you). At range this is generally (I hit you. I hit you. I hit you.(See monk for evidence of this assertion.)).
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Learning how to use gmcp.
  • Vivianne said:

Some of us still do. Bows are actually really good if you have a team who knows what they're doing-- it's just hard to find a team who can efficiently and dynamically switch arrow types to kill people now. 2 people with bows can easily range-kill a person who doesn't move, and 3 is downright overkill.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    ES 1. Thanks, @Azefel
    Gurn said:
    Vivianne said:

Some of us still do. Bows are actually really good if you have a team who knows what they're doing-- it's just hard to find a team who can efficiently and dynamically switch arrow types to kill people now. 2 people with bows can easily range-kill a person who doesn't move, and 3 is downright overkill.

That is awesome to hear. Arrow types...hmm see, that I am just learning a bit more about. I thought it might have been toxins you can put on regular arrows at first. Maybe we can see some range fights sometime soon! :D
  • The problem with this is that by the time somebody is  able to use a bow artifact bow, they've almost certainly reached the point at which they have better things to do in a fight than sit outside and plink.

You know, things that might actually push a kill in a teamfight.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Numlock is auto-walk.

Cadeyrn said:
    Vivianne said:
    The reason behind this is, the few people who did use artifact bows had broken skillsets, and so only used them to get kills at range/whoring at range. Thus, these skills were nerfed into oblivion, and bows are now largely useless. Range combat is contradictory to the combat set up of Imperian (You hit me, I hit you). At range this is generally (I hit you. I hit you. I hit you.(See monk for evidence of this assertion.)).
    Sorry for the delay quote on this: Hmm that does make a lot of sense with how combat is supposed to be intended here. I might get a bit upset for being sniped out without getting to be in the same room with my attacker :O
    Apoloc said:
    Numlock is auto-walk.
    Wait...it is? I always made my own macros to go off numlock to walk with. 8 is north, 6 is east, etc
    Khizan said:

The problem with this is that by the time somebody is  able to use a bow artifact bow, they've almost certainly reached the point at which they have better things to do in a fight than sit outside and plink.

You know, things that might actually push a kill in a teamfight.

Yes, Yes I also see your point of view on such as well! 
  • Real plinkers use soulspears. Am I right Speedbump?
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."