Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• God, that is one of the things that bothers me about Demonic. "There are 14 people in your room." Oh wait, you're a defiler/saboteur. You are alone. There is no one else in this room that you're aware of. Dumb as hell.

You're not seeing the 'quote' color in emotes? I saw it last night when you and Kanthari were emoting. There's too many atmosphere, npcs, afk player emotes. It'd look like a bad acid trip.

You know...they have that terrible combat focus mechanic that no one (good) uses. Maybe you could have an 'emote' focus where it highlights the colors of a player and only that player?
  • Your own emotes still turn out grey, but other people's custom emotes will be coloured to whatever you set the emotes config to. I guess that is a little weird, I had never really thought of it before.
  • edited January 2014
    Ahkan said:
    What's the point of colored emotes? "Mudsex, now in technicolor." I've never had any problem distinguishing emotes from anything else.
    Two things with this one here, mostly from an other-IRE refugee perspective:

1) In Aetolia, for example, roleplay's something that's one of the bigger things the game's known for among its community, and the typically higher standard you're held to by the community itself. RP interactions among players there is, to most of us, one of the main reasons we play there. It's definitely not limited only to mudsex :P. Sometimes it's just fun to have a pure RP interaction with somebody via emotes.

2) People from other games that have their emotes set up to be displayed with a certain color tend to get used to that, especially after playing for a long time. I don't think it's too unreasonable to be inquiring as to whether or not that can be changed just like the numerous other options under CONFIG COLOR. It's just an adjustment thing, not too different to some people preferring to see tells colored cyan rather than the default yellow in most places.

I don't think what she was proposing was, "Hey, I want everybody to see my emotes in a bright pink when I do them," but more so a, "I'd like it if my own personal output was this color."
  • Your personal custom emotes will now be colored based on the colors set by CONFIG COLOR EMOTES.
    Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote
  • edited January 2014
    H:550/550 M:610/610 B:0 <eb> <db> ii bag
    You are wielding:
    You are holding:
    "bag193521" Bag of Devouring
    You are wearing:
    "bag211706" a jack-o-lantern shaped bag
    "kitbag154282" a worn scribe's kitbag
    "preserver103081" a preserver bag

This is a horrible mistake just waiting to happen. PLEASE remove the bag keyword from the Bag of Devouring. The bag of "eats goddamned everything" should have an absolutely unique keyword. Make it a devourer or something.

Please.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Yeah, excellent point. Primary alias is now "devouring".
  • @draden Tbh, I couldn't tell if it was "I want my emotes to be pink" or "Ahkan voraciously tears into your love  nest like an angryy badger. NNNGGH1!!!!!."

I appreciate that people want their emotes to be seen, but you know that people are going to pick the most obnoxious colors and just sit there doing stupid shit in highlighter green. In the hands of people like Kanth, Aleutia, maybe even Bathan (/emo) I wouldn't mind it, but can you imagine Kanna sitting there being a tool with fireworks at her disposal?
  • It's a personal color config.
  • As @Cadeyrn said, the colour you specify for emotes with config is the colour you will see the emotes of others displayed in. A way to colour your own so that you could see them apart easily would be great! Currently that has to be done client side.

• Ahkan said:

@draden Tbh, I couldn't tell if it was "I want my emotes to be pink" or "Ahkan voraciously tears into your love  nest like an angryy badger. NNNGGH1!!!!!."

I appreciate that people want their emotes to be seen, but you know that people are going to pick the most obnoxious colors and just sit there doing stupid shit in highlighter green. In the hands of people like Kanth, Aleutia, maybe even Bathan (/emo) I wouldn't mind it, but can you imagine Kanna sitting there being a tool with fireworks at her disposal?
    I we'll cry if rainbow empties are put in :(
  • Only allow Assassin Jobs and Assassin Take Job on <Player> contracts to be given to members of the three assassin Guild organizations, Idras, Spectres and Saboteurs. We have organizational bounties to cover the needs of PK'ers outside of it. I am glad we have a nice in-game way of handling and resolving assassin contracts, but having it available to everyone in the game has taken away from the assassin guilds.
  • Iluv said:
    Only allow Assassin Jobs and Assassin Take Job on <Player> contracts to be given to members of the three assassin Guild organizations, Idras, Spectres and Saboteurs. We have organizational bounties to cover the needs of PK'ers outside of it. I am glad we have a nice in-game way of handling and resolving assassin contracts, but having it available to everyone in the game has taken away from the assassin guilds.
    What about tying them together, allowing certain bounties to be taken by those three Guilds,(only those three) to take a middle ground and earn more gold?

A Kinsarmarian Spectre could take a high-level bounty from both AM and Demonic, and so on. Just the bare bones of an idea, if anyone wants to flesh it .
  • Iluv said:
    Only allow Assassin Jobs and Assassin Take Job on <Player> contracts to be given to members of the three assassin Guild organizations, Idras, Spectres and Saboteurs. We have organizational bounties to cover the needs of PK'ers outside of it. I am glad we have a nice in-game way of handling and resolving assassin contracts, but having it available to everyone in the game has taken away from the assassin guilds.
    No, this is bad and crap and bullshit. It's a mechanical advantage for flavor reasons that does nothing but make a few certain guilds 100% optimal when compared to other guilds.

It's the same kind of crap Asyrin tried to pull back in the day, and the response to your request is the same as the response to his request: Assassin is a job with no restrictions; you do not get to reserve certain PK reasons to your guild alone.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I actually like the idea, Iluv, but it would've made more sense back before multiclassing. In today's Imperian, it makes essentially no sense, and would basically be done just to make Assassin guilds feel cool.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Assassin guilds should feel cool.
  • Iluv said:
    Assassin guilds should feel cool.
    Guilds feeling cool pertains to more than just a mechanic. You need a solid basis for RP and a goal. You need good people who love (or at the very least, can tolerate) what they do within their position. You need positive interaction that makes your members feel involved.

The day of Assassin guilds has passed. With bounties and NPC assassins, it's not a niche that needs to be filled anymore. I think this is a good thing. It allows the populace as a whole to have a new means of participation, without locking them down to one of three guilds just to have access to a specific mechanic.

It also opens up a new avenue for those guilds to take. Want to come up with a neat new RP hook? Go for it. You aren't chained down to being dark assassins just because the profession is called 'Assassin'. Have some fun with it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Yeah. You can be a glitter wielding derp wagon that worships a tree, is a monster in the kitchen, and is out to talk to dark spirits and kill things because nature is weak. #vegan #yolo #sovereignty

tbh, you have no idea how much I love the Tzolkin. Best organization I've been in ever.
  • Guilds should be for the roleplay without any sort of mechanical advantage.

• IniarIniar Australia
    Like sects without entities or rituals
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • In the Coliseum spectator room, allow people to watch rooms as if they were in them. Also, cap the gold cost of entering Arena events at 500. I'm not gaining any health after level 100, I don't know why I have to pay more.
  • Iluv said:
    In the Coliseum spectator room, allow people to watch rooms as if they were in them. Also, cap the gold cost of entering Arena events at 500. I'm not gaining any health after level 100, I don't know why I have to pay more.
    The last time they tried something like that, it caused so much lag they had to immediately take it out.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Iluv said:
    I'm not gaining any health after level 100, I don't know why I have to pay more.
    Whaaaat. :(
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited February 2014
    Not to be rude, but let me boil down spectator for you

- Numbness/hemotoxin kelp/maidenhair Numbness/hemotoxin maidenhair/nightshade  Numbness/hemotoxin kelp/maidenhair Numbness/hemotoxin (every toxin class ever)
    - Impatience! Impatience! Impatience (wytch, noctu, malig, god, it's like the mentals are all demonic, weird...oh wait, outrider)
    - LOTS OF DAMAGE are they dead, LOTS OF DAMAGE (Summoner, Druid, Wardancer, Templar, Deathknight..yep, too lazy)
    - 1, 2, 3, lalala, break, kill.   (also variant of 1, shield, 2, shield, shield, 3, shield, shield, break. Win. Issue) (warden, templar, deathknight, amazon, outrider, monk, predator..jeeze, most of AM)
    - Afflict, basilisk, punish person for curing. Win. Cry about class being bad. (Hunter)
    - Attack, setup unstoppable affliction, attack, setup unstoppable affliction, check time, set up unstoppable affliction, win button. (Defiler, Bard, Mage Outrider)
    -Haha, your statpack has int as a dump stat, screw you. (Cleric)
    Annnnnnnnd that's Imperian in a nutshell.

^I was too lazy to add in magic professions. I put some of them in.
    You get the idea. If you want to share the particulars, use logsty, pastebin, or nogfx. There's really not that much to see except how much you button mash in combat.
  • I don't want to see every little attack, but it would be amazing if there were an alternative to spamming es arena to keep up with health, mana, room, etc, Probably impossible or difficult enough that it isn't worth it.

• Newbies start with tree tattoos now but the autocuring does not start enabled to use either tree or purge, Please fix that!
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Alright, what would it take to have either:

1. A permanent player who's sole propose is to be a punching bag and auto-resurrect. Make it have a gold/shard cost!

2. Let me log on another character for punching bag purposes.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Who lives in the same timezone
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Mathiaus said:

Alright, what would it take to have either:

1. A permanent player who's sole propose is to be a punching bag and auto-resurrect. Make it have a gold/shard cost!

2. Let me log on another character for punching bag purposes.

Tbh I started coding an automator for Iniar to be a punching bag/afk test dummy but life got in the way.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Most of the people I'm acquainted to are usually out of their head or don't respond. Cassius and Brishi are the only reliable people around often, but even then they are out of their heads most of the time.

A great deal of my friends are non combatants as well making it rather hard to gain combat practice.