Skip to content

New Artifact Help Files

Svorai doesn't get to have all the fun. In a similar spirit to the Help Profession thread, this thread is intended to crowdsource some additions to the game's help files.

We will be creating and placing a set of new help files for each profession, containing artifacts of specific benefit to that profession. These files will include class-specific artifacts (such as monk armbands), as well as beneficial artifacts for the class (like stat artifacts or intelligence damage collars). You should also include descriptions of why these artifacts are beneficial to the class. Bonus points for lists that are prioritized by usefulness or usefulness:credit ratio!

Obviously there will be repeated information here -- many classes benefit from collars for the same reason, etc.

Thank you all in advance for your help. The collected knowledge of the playerbase will do a much better job classifying these artifacts than I could on my own!
Like what we're doing? Why not take a second to vote? Vote for Imperian at http://www.imperian.com/vote

Comments

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    Transmutation Gem- ADD and multi-class requirement.

Diadem - Best utility artifact. Really good for spamming active defenses like General Patton of Imperian.

Artifact weapons: You buy level ones so you don't have to repair normal weapons. More often than not, you can forge equivalent artifacts. The rule of Selthis is that level 3s are rarely worth it.

Broadswords - Niche weapon, you will rarely smith a good broadsword.
    Sabres - You can smith level 3 sabres.
    Whips-You can smith level 1 whips. You can smith insane damage weapons, but the speed stinks (garrote uses damage + speed on whips)
    Axes- Smithing axes is terrible. Axes are terrible outside of pvp. You're better off dps bashing with a claymore
    Claymores-Smithing claymores is a nightmare. A level 1 is a good investment. Unconvinced in level 2 or level 3.
    Dirks/Darthsheaths: Only good for pvp, increase in affs/second. Saboteur +++. Predator: +
    Maces: Level 1 and level 3 maces were pretty solid investments.
    Flails: I've seen a lot of level 2 capable flails smithed. You buy these for the speed.
    Staves: From what I saw of druids, these are worth it just for the stacking % modifiers from druid.
    Spears: Yet to really see any 'perk' over level 1.
    Glaives: Level 1 is good for bashing-not decaying, level 2 is :(, level 3 is kind of nuts in pk with powersoul
    Sitaras: Well worth it in all 3 categories. Bashing/PK.
    Daegger: Iirc, level 3 is the only daegger that really gives you a noticeable decrease (more hunts). Pk only.
    Throwing axes: Fastest weapon in game. Good for a class (like wytchen) to throw a hemotoxin axe mid combat for low cost. PvP only.

Bows: These give you access to bows as a non-archer class. This itself is invaluable. However, your accuracy sucks. I haven't really seen the return on a level 2 or level 3 bow, to be honest.

Warhammers, longswords, scimitars. Very little use. You can smith these. They'll suck, but they're cheaper than an artifact.

Surcoats: These are kind of pricy. For most of you, evasion is going to be a better investment for half the cost. After you trans evasion, these are pretty solid.

Ring of Magicks bane: Helps resist any damage type where intelligent is used to determine the damage done. In bashing, only resists magick damage.

Resistance rings: All good. Help offset racial modifiers.

Bracelets versus belts. I think bracelets are far superior to belts because it's % increase to both health and mana for less cost. You'll definitely notice the impact at level 100, less so sub 80. I'd get a level 2 bracelet before I ever bought a stat artifact.

Sip rings. These should be purchased last, because increasing your health/mana pool is going to indirectly increase your sip % anyways. You want your base sip to be as high as you can afford before you start buying sip related artifacts

Permanent chameleon > gem of cloaking

Collars > sashes, get the collar first.

• Oh, oh. Please indicate that 99% of the time, more skills are better than more artifacts
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited December 2013
    L1 sip ring is a pretty nice "once you get to that point" arti in regards to tanking in my experience as fast (and being focus fired).