Comments

• Kryss said:
    Clever has higher INT.
    Why do knights need int?
  • For flare one would think.

• Kryss said:
    For flare one would think.
    It makes that much of a difference?
  • It makes enough of a one. I tested on my Ithaquan. Collar also boosts it.

If Ragnar suddenly went AM (Hahahahahah.) I'd pick up Templar for lolflares also. Probably stick with Fast though, as I have one or two arties to make it worthwhile.

• I've noticed the amount of curatives/health that I go through and I'm really self-sufficient and don't have to deal with repairing anything. I also noticed that I make a pittance when I bash. The gold generation from hunting is almost unnoticeable, even moreso since 100% of the corpses go to lol-cults and not quest-to-gold turn ins. So I guess my question is, do people actually run into the problem where it costs them more to bash than they make from bashing?

I'll probably drop the rest of this into cults. 

• It did for me when I first started in Imperian, but not so much now. The cost of vials/refills/herbs has gone down extremely. I still find that I don't make near enough gold while bashing tho compared to other people at much higher levels, esp. on Demon's Pass, but that's kinda common.

• I think it's safe to say that if you don't pick your own herbs (Trans Concoctions) you will burn through Health and Toadstool to the point you're at negative gain.

Unless you stick to Demons Pass. And I don't even know what that's like now that it's been updated, so that statement could no longer be true.

• I don't know how Runeguard's compare to other professions, but as trans chiv/virt runelore, with no arties or other skills or anything, I make barely more than I spend. Since I started, I've saved up to about 70k total, and I just hit level 80.
    And I try to mostly stick to areas with corpse-turn-in quests, other than Baneward Catacombs.
  • As a ranger with barely anything other than transcendent warding, I think I'm making quite a bit of gold. What I've been doing is just search for the shops that sell at the lowest price, especially toadstool and health refills.

It was hard when I just started out since there was so much to buy, but now it's a pretty stable income.
  • Generally speaking, I find that if I have to use large amounts of toadstool, it's not very profitable to hunt. Again, there are big differances if your hunting for EXP or hunting for GOLD.

That being said, every once in a while I can find toadstool cheap, and I can buy up a couple hundred. That lasts me awhile and allows me to hunt areas I wouldn't normally hunt if I didn't feel like using toadstool.
  • One thing I will say about hunting is this:

Ebonmarrows are probably my favorite area in the game for hunting. Not because they're easy. Not because the exp/gold ratio is great. No, it's because they're difficult enough to require attention and caution, but they're not complicated. There's no worrying about the multiple-invisible-aggressive orc assassins pounding me flat with something like 4 afflictions/second, or curing difficulties, or diagnosing after every one. Nope. Just enough damage to force me to play cautiously so an unlucky offbalance attack doesn't kill me.

I also really like Iaat. I think the reason is because nothing there breaks shield, so that while it does plenty of afflictions along with enough damage for 3+ aggro creatures to pose a risk to me, it's possible to clear it cautiously without expending a whole lot of effort.

I'd really like to see more things like this and less "The only way to make this challenging is by making it rail you with formaldehyde."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• edited November 2012
    Speaking of annoying things, another one is the "tripping" affliction with all of the smilies spam. No real purpose behind it that I know of or noticed. I'd rather see the mob do a series of hits that build up their damage, like timed afflictions that can't be cured but that keeps you on your toes when you have them. 
  • edited November 2012
    Crawlers are great outside of the .00001% chances to get instagibbed by their incin and lose 33333k belief :(

But yes, according the my studies, ebonmarrows are the highest single belief mob in the game with iirc something around 1294, and I don't mind bashing them, high damage, could be deadly, but its damage and not like, concussions/forma, the entire run goes well depending how I crit, and if I dont crit well, the run can be challenging.

• Alovyan Village:
    an Amazonian blacksmith - 231
    an amazon warrioress - 380
    a bat-winged stirge - 155
    a cave troll - 477
    Hish'nar, the Amazonian Shaman - 203

Ar
    a brutish asylum guard

Bodah:
    a skulking djimsama - 585
    a sand wasp - 136

Brekknit Pass
    an obsidian arachnid worker - 291
    an obsidian arachnid warrior - 669

Ki'lathu Island:
    a lithe ebonmarrow - 1295
    a paradise bird - 543

Sanitarium
    a raving psychotic - 273
    a straight-jacketed lunatic - 218

the Sienna Forest
    Ananda, the Alpha Female - 616

(My current list that I'm obviously still working on)
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."