Skip to content

Improving Imperian

Comments

• Yes, you can trivially brute force it, but it's stupid to have to do it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    As is the case with many things in Imperian!
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Kai Banish seems to need something else, especially since it is incredibly easy for the person to slap it on and move from the room. I feel like it should have the options of:

1. Having a long balance recovery.
    2. Make it so the banisher can't move from the room the banished is located.
    3. Channel it so if the monk acts, it cuts the time in half. 

Kai is exceptionally versatile, since it builds up very, very quickly and all the monk had to do is let people hit them. It also allows them to heal an ungodly amount of health within a short time so they can turtle with a priest curing them as well. Along with this they can set up limbs quickly with immolate (if you know about setting up leg curing with tree since garrynbot doesn't) and kill you in a matter of seconds.

Out of all the professions, monk can:

1.Range instant kill/damage well.
    2.Outheal damage quickly.
    3.Get a temporary breather with Banish frequently.
    4.Set up limb breaks incredibly fast, and have the option to quadbreak in one move.
    5.Blackout on the fly.
    6.Cause considerable damage, break legs, stun, and afflict before they stay bbt's.
    7.Stop all tattoo usage.

I'm sure there are classleads somewhere resolving some of these abilities that I'm forgetting. Just like Bard getting nipped so it can't utilize on instant killing, laying on masked afflictions, or use stun with other attacks after beta, Monk needs cutting down.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited November 2013
    As stupid as monks are, complaints from a bard just make me feel more like:

1. Their ranged "instant" kill is one of the slowest instant kills in the game (see: xeroderma, cyanide), and knocks the monk off eq for 25+ seconds.

2. See mage, defiler (arguably [?] summoner/priest/templar).

3. Almost every profession now (stupidly) has some sort of escape skill that bypasses walls/flood/whatever anyway (Imperian is amazing at being Anti-PK).

4. If you get quadbroken* in 1 move vs a monk, you're doing something wrong. Also, knights, wardancers can break limbs at almost the same speed, but afflict while doing so (butisol etc). Also, if the speed of the setup is an issue to you, see: Priests and Rangers.

5. Priests, wardancers can blackout probably faster than monks.

6. It's pretty easy as any knight to pull off a 100% disembowel with a tiny bit of effort and/or forward-thinking (hint: don't flare sleizak or use battleaxes, and definitely not both).

7. Tattoo that matters – Tree? Shield? Several ways to prevent those as other professions, too.

* both arms and legs.

P.S. monk's nerf long overdue
  • I wish bashing was faster paced. Instead of one large attack every 3s, we'd get 3 smaller attacks every 1 second. It'd have to be bashing specific attacks so you're not doing a dsl every 1s, but you get the idea.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited November 2013
    Haha, yes. When I switch from something like defiler/saboteur and go malignist/wytchen/deathknight it feels like my bashing is going that much slower. My clear times don't really differ that much, it's just a perception issue. A terrible, terrible, perception issue. :(

I don't think they'll change it, but I feel your pain.
  • Well, to be fair, it can actually take shorter. My damage is stacked in such a way that I'll often have a single point of damage left on ebonmarrows. This means that I have to use a whole extra attack to kill it before I can move on. Doesn't seem like much time, but it adds up pretty quickly. 
  • Make lessons transferable.

• They won't make lessons able to be transfered because it would massively devalue credits.  With elite, i could create 50 alts and  every day transfer 250 lessons to someone.  If  people could repackage them into credits, unless the ratio was really bad (10-20 lessons per credits) it'd have the same effect I think.  

Basically, you're looking at all sorts of possible abuse that is a pain the audit and watch for.
  • Can Banks please be marked like post offices & Stables are? IE

A bank in a City you are in.
    Cool, counters and someone waiting to put your money somewhere in some coffers.
    This is a BANK.
    (Only if we keep voting!)
    You take 3 blue ink, bringing the total to 95.
    You spread out the inks that are needed in order to create the cloak tattoo.
    H:467(111%) M:494(98%) (0) XP:91.57% <eb db Vote> [Brishi|wolf] [Healing] 
    You pour the dry ink in a mixing bowl and mix it with the activating solution.
    H:467(111%) M:497(99%) (0) XP:91.57% <eb db Vote> [Brishi|wolf] [Healing] vote
    voted
    The inking process is ruined, leaving random unfinished marks.
    Our records now show that you have voted.
    H:467(111%) M:497(99%) (0) XP:91.57% <eb db> [Brishi|wolf] [Healing]

Somehow, I think this shouldn't happen.
  • Bug #55189                    Reporter(s): Lionas
    Priority: Skills

Reported by Lionas at 2013/11/02 09:23:
    The VOTED command breaks channeling of aspect gaze (and probably other actions)
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • This is a website change, but let us compose news posts in the same way we can send messages from the website. Would be really convenient for when you can't log in to handle it.
  • I'd like to see:
    - Revenue log
    - Millog
    - Shardlog

accessible from the website. 

Also, why is the revenue log still only readable from the council room? It seems a like a weird carryover, especially since someone who can read it (city leader/council and ministers) would "realistically" just be demanding a revenue report from an underling.
  • Lalitana said:
    I'd like to see:
    - Revenue log
    - Millog
    - Shardlog

accessible from the website. 

Also, why is the revenue log still only readable from the council room? It seems a like a weird carryover, especially since someone who can read it (city leader/council and ministers) would "realistically" just be demanding a revenue report from an underling.
    And just make the whole trade system better and more trackable while you're at it, please.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Its akin to asking the President to 'just make the medical system better kthx bai'. Kindly provide a list of yes/no, good/bad +- ideas.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Iniar said:
    Its akin to asking the President to 'just make the medical system better kthx bai'. Kindly provide a list of yes/no, good/bad +- ideas.
    When Keldoran was active he did this to an exacting degree and likely if asked would still give his views on the system as is and should be. The admin admitted that trade is broken and promised some vague future fix.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    Soon™ 
  • Welp, in light of my clueless post... let loyals do targeted emotes.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    Predator:

bladesurge, 256/300s [512]
    refresh body, 256/90s [512]
    shard heal, 128/60s [512]
    shard heal red, 204/60s [512]
    vitality 204/120s [512]
    armguards vitality 204/120s [512]
    reserves 368 [512]

100% + 50% + 50% + 25% + 40% + 40% + ~60% +- 40% = 365 to 405%
    3.65 * 512 hp = 1870 hp.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited December 2013
    roomcure heals, too
    also armguards puts bladesurge back up to fire again
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited December 2013
    So, I know this is probably going to start a nerd-rage flame war, but could we have a sit down and compare the availability of some skills? For example, I'm going to throw two skills out there.

1) Block, movement inhibition

So, why is this important? We nerfed vortex. Shard falls are always about area control and mobility. More recently they're about #'s, #'s. #'s or the ability to split numbers. The best ways to split numbers are vortex and beckon. You run into a problem when 89% of a circle can block and the other two are relegated to 67% and 33% (I rounded up). This matter is further complicated when in-room escape skills are also spread out with 89%, 83%, 66%...with some methods bypassing all ways of prevention (flips, leap?)

Stone/Ice/Shard walls aren't good solutions. Why? They inhibit your mobility just as much as the opposing team's.

You can also apply this to raiding. Entire team can block + wall. Poor Gurn. I feel yo pain.

2) Clarity

This is a 33% block to force commands. It is only available to AM. The issue that caused this skill to be created (Jagara/Iriaen griefing) passed on about 6 years ago. Give the entire world access to this skill or it needs to be removed.

**I may have forgotten some skills, message me in game with corrections to be made.
    ***yes pilgrimage is an escape skill. You're bad for not using it.

Edit: Also, thank you to Ellen, who let me annoy her and ask obvious questions. She's awesome.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited December 2013
    Ahkan said:
    So, I know this is probably going to start a nerd-rage flame war, but could we have a sit down and compare the availability of some skills? For example, I'm going to throw two skills out there.

1) Block, movement inhibition

Sorry double post.
    What if:
    1) Delete Column E from the game.
    2) Delete mass from the game
    3) Delete cloak from the game
    4) Delete follow from the game

That. Would. Be. So. Funny. (And griefy, but eh)

E: I'd finally be able to use barge.
  • edited December 2013
    Iniar said:
    DIAF.

Literally the only reason Kryss survived against my OP Hunterness. >=(

Also, @Ahkan:

I'm very much in favour of removing double block and bear block and the like from the game. A bit of a tangent, but hear me out. Think about it. If we're allowed to clot up in huge groups, then we'll do so, and numbers tend to prevail, no matter how much skill you have. However, if it's easy to get dragged here and there and there's more mobility and movement in the game with area awareness and location awareness there, it becomes more dynamic, based more off individual skill than "we have more overall health and DPS than you".

I especially like skills like Earthburst which scatter an entire team-- This makes it a race to regroup or force the individual to fend for themselves or quickly search for their allies. One thing I think Imperian is sorely missing is the dynamic of positioning and movement. It doesn't really exist as of now. 
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    And if you go to single target, magick is left looking even more than respectable, what with the fact that they have the basilisk engage thingy.

This is something people that actually fight in demonic have complained about for some time, and here's a beautiful little spreadsheet to garner some mostly correct statistical evidence. I'd be super cool with block/block analogues being removed from everything but the immovable hardcore knight classes and maybe upping them a bit... perhaps a limit on how many exits can be blocked in a room? Or, in theme with where we're going on defend changes, a knight can block all exits, but it's a % chance like piety/hands, and you can't even get that % chance if offbal/offeq. Just spitballing here, obv.
  • Lending artifacts, can we actually get some commands for this now?

If I'm AFKing and someone wants to borrow my crop/saddlebags, could we get an option to set a time for which the artifacts work for them.

For example:

artifact give <artifact> to <player> 30

If I log out, they can still retain that functionality of the artifact for 30 minutes, regardless of whether I am there or not. If I beckon the artifact in that time, then they lose it and I will regain it. I would think a fairly small threshold on this, perhaps an hour, would be suitable so you can't lend them out for periods of whole days at a time.