Skip to content

Client 2.1 Update - Feature Request for 2.2

We have updated the official game client for Imperian. Here is a list up updates.
  • The layout has been rearranged to make the important information more accessible
  • Most icons have been redesigned to look better
  • The map has been significantly improved and sped up
  • New graphical indicators show whether you have balance and equilibrium
  • Health and mana bars are now displayed at the bottom
  • You can now change your avatar, displayed to the right of the input line - this avatar is linked with your site account and your forums account, if you change it on the client, it will change on the forums as well
  • The prompt is now hidden by default - you can re-enable this in the settings
  • Added new information at the bottom - gold, ping time, time of day, unread news/messages (if any), etc
  • The background music has been expanded
  • Plus a variety of little tweaks everywhere
And a screenshot:

Please post any issues, bugs, and suggestions here. We are starting work into the next version immediately and are compiling a list of changes now.

Comments

• Hiding the prompt is a disservice, I think.

It makes it far harder to look over any given encounter and track how well you were doing because you have no permanent record of your status throughout it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Also, I'd like to point this out:

At one time or another, almost every fighter out there has played around with graphical interfaces for the game. Health bars, balance indicators, click targeting, the works. We've done it in all sorts of fancy way, in all sorts of clients.

The one thing we all have in common is that, after doing all this and making a nice fancy system,  we still rely on the prompt for everything because Imperian is so quickly paced that you just can't afford the time it takes to look down to your fancy health bars, process the information, and look back up to the fight, because you need to do that so frequently. The prompt is basically mandatory to play this game well. Keep the health bars, but leave them the prompt. It's important.

Also, the health bar should start out green and then go yellow and red as your health decreases, since that would make it much easier to take in your health level at a glance.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Of course, your health bar will often just go from full to empty instantly so the colour will hardly matter. Alas! But yeah, the prompt is vital to playing this game.

• The health bar is hidden by default, but you can turn is back on in the settings. I agree with all that though. I would need to see it myself.

As mainly new players hit this, we have it off to keep things as unspammy as possible.

• Actually if you scroll up the prompt shows up in the buffer too, so it is still there for review and in logs.