Skip to content

Movember 2013

In 31 days the 3rd installment of the Imperian Mustache Competition will begin.  November 1st, 2013.  Put in for your leave of absence from work, get your stock of rogaine in order.  It's time to let them burly lip pubes grow.  Rules from our prior year will continue over and will be ported here in time. 

We will be accepting donations towards the pot and figuring out prize distributions within this month.  More information will be provided, this is merely an announcement for you all to get your stuff in order so that nobody is blindsided by this contest.

Questions and concerned can be messaged to me on this forum or in-game.  Your chances are probably better through the forum. 

If you're interested in somehow being involved in the administration of this, or if you have intelligent ideas please get in contact with me.

Last year was a resounding success and I hope we only do better this year!

-Mike

Comments

• 1. The contest begins November 1st, 2013. Anybody wishing to compete in the ‘natural’ mustache category must have a clean shaven picture (holding a sign with the appropriate phrase  posted by 23:59 GMT on November first. (More specifically, when the game turns from November 1st, to November 2nd.)

2. Anyone in the ‘faux mustache’ category is not required to post a ‘before’ picture, and are allowed to join in at any point up until the contest ends on November 30th at 23:59 GMT. (More specifically, when the games turns from November 30th, to December 1st.)

3. Beards are allowed, though will have zero bearing on mustache judgement.

4. All are able to join either category, though obviously if you cannot grow a mustache, stay away from the ‘natural’ category. ‘Faux mustache’ is what you’re looking for.

5. There will be 3 judges in total, to preside over the competition, Apoloc, preferably 1 admin, and one other unbiased individual. (Read: @Jeremy proposing an Admin if possible)

6. Prior to November 30th contestants will be informed of a new sign to hold with their final picture.

7. Prizes are subject to change.

8. There will be a first, second, and third place prize for each of the two categories. Though possibly only 1st and 2nd for ‘natural’ dependant on number of contestants.

9. Contestants may only take part in one of the two categories, not both. 

Stay tuned later in the month for specific instructions about entry submittal.  The majority of the stricter rules apply to the natural portion of the contest.   Anyone interested can submit their names to me through the forums or through the game, alongside which part they plan to partake in (natural or faux).

Gracias.

• I am in, let me know how I can help, however, I'll be participating. I'll throw....2 tokens into the pot.
  • Not sure how much I can commit to yet, but I'll put a few in... will give an exact figure closer to the contest start. Also, I plan on participating (if not winning, why my Danish heritage didn't pass on their epic beards to me, I'll never know).
  • Bumpin this for attention.  Nov 1st is rapidly approaching, pot is gettin big.  500 from IRE, 100 and 2 tokens from myself, 2 tokens from Sapp. 

That's a mighty large pot with very little interest voiced.  More details will be coming soon, read over the instructions and ask any questions if need be.  I am much more active in the game now so feel free to approach me about it via tells or messages.

If you want to donate get in contact with me, otherwise we'll be announcing the picture slogan Oct. 31st. 

Spread the word!

• I'll add another 50 credits to the pot. I will also be participating - beard for most of the month because my job demands slightly more professionality than a mustache provides, but I will cut it down to mustache level for the final.
  • I would do it, but I'm rocking a full beard and there's just no way I'm resetting this beauty.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    I'll try, but I'm asian. Barely any hair as it is.
  • Is there going to be a faux mustache competition as well?
  • Yes - see item 2
  • Pre-pubescents, women, and asians alike are more than welcome to join the Faux portion of the competition.  Try your hand against Kanthari and her Krakenstash.

Total Pot is currently: 650 Credits and 4 tokens as of October 25th, 2013.

Get your names in to commit to compete and on Nov. 1st Ill create a running list of contestants. 

Faux contestants are welcome to join throughout the entire month of November, meanwhile Natural has a deadline listed n the rules above.

• AmbroseAmbrose Texas
    edited October 2013
    Also - for the duration of the contest - my forum avatar will remain Ambrose E. Burnside. (tragically unrelated to how I picked my character name).

To add to Lionas' list of things to remember:

Meme is slightly inappropriate given this is Movember... his mustache is not.
  • Ambrose said:
    Also - for the duration of the contest - my forum avatar will remain Ambrose E. Burnside. (tragically unrelated to how I picked my character name).

This is when you lie and imply it was completely intentional due to your premeditated awesomeness.
  • Ah, yes of course - THAT was the reason. Also the mustache on your Avatar is amazing.
  • edited October 2013

Mustache contest begins in about a day or so.  Just as a heads up.

Right now we have Sapp, Ambrose, and Mathiaus. 

Total Pot: 650 credits and 4 tokens.

Quite a pot for 3 people if nobody else decides to pay attention to this.

• I'm only 25% asian. Why did I have to get the 25% that prevents you from growing an awesome mustasche? :(

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• So join us ladies and asian men in the faux mustache category!
  • Thanks for organising this guys! It's a great cause, and I just wanted to show my support.

I'll throw a measley 10 credits into the pot, and maybe will throw a faux into the ring come mostache deadline day!

Maybe the admin could post something on news about this, if they haven't already? Mo people, mo stache.
  • edited October 2013
    When I try to grow a beard, I suffer from a common ginger ailment known as splotchface. I can manage a van dyke, but I dare not shave it off.

EDIT:
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • Movember has officially begun!

If you're participating in the Natural Mustache Competition, please post a clean shaven photo, while holding a piece of paper that says:

'Bulls > Heat'

Naural Contestants should have these photos in by the end of GMT today, so in 24 hours.  7pm Central on Nov. 1st.

Faux contestants don't need to do anything until the end of the month.  Though I would like your name if you wish to join, as that could affect prize distrubiton.  Thanks and Good Luck!

• This is freaking awesome, I shall join this! Even better, I shall compete against my son (he's 6 months) for a chance of beating at least one person.

• https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8fCkzQ7K0goUDlPVXJscTN3eEE/edit?usp=drive_web#f

For all you women with long hair! (Or men who can't grow a beard but have long hair!)
  • Ahem. After a brief problem with Welmar's wares, beards, mustaches and beardstaches should no longer fall out of your inventories upon logout. Sorry about that. If you lost you awesome mojo because of the mistake, look on the bright side! You've now helped some poor soul get the beard/stache they've always wanted, and have furthered manly kind.

I think I managed to find all the ones that were out in the world and fixed them so they no longer drop on logout, but if I missed yours send me or @Svorai a message with the item number and we will see to it when we can.
  • Ambrose said:
    Welp, it's done, my face is the officially the smoothest it has been in over a year:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--UbENWtHNKY/UnMh_5ohwII/AAAAAAAAAL8/syQ3SHX-ljc/w884-h589-no/Photo+on+10-31-13+at+10.29+PM.jpg

Decided to give my axe some tamer targets than Kryss... getting that last piece of scruff.
    You either write backwards, or your sign is mirrored. Whoops.
  • Sign mirrored - it was straight when I wrote it - forgot to account for the picture :( ...