Skip to content

November is Movember!

Hey,

November is almost upon us, and as my act of raising awareness, and due to my in-game personality, I've decided to run a contest to make good use of Movember.

Now those of you playing long enough may recall years back when @Tek won the Mustache Championship of whenever that was, before he got all weird and became some transient hippie. 

November is a male cancer awareness month, specifically prostate and testicular.  Men who support this actively grow a mustache for the month of November.  And therein lies our new contest.

Beginning November 1st, I'd like to start a contest, winner gets something special, at least 2 tokens on my behalf, perhaps other donors will step up.  

So basically you have an entire month to fashion yourself an amazing mustache and proudly show your support towards the awareness of these tragic male problems.  

All are welcome to enter!  Even women, I know some of you aren't as hairy as us (some) so if you'd like to participate you can always get your significant other/boyfriend/dog/even create yourself a fancy 'stash to show your support, end of November we'll have everyone post their picks and judge.  The winner/2nd/3rd will all get prizes if the budget allows.

Hell you don't even have to do anything except not shave your upper lip and get free stuff in the end!  How could you possibly not do this as a man?

If you're interested in donating to the charity pot, let me know or post here with your addition.  Should you plan on entering please post here saying you do so we can sort of get a running list on who is actually going to do this.  Perhaps post some before and after pics?  We have a few days to figure it out.

Hope this gets some traction!

Comments

• I'll stache it out with you guys.

• I'd join in but it wouldn't be fair. 10cr to the pot though, because cancer's a loser.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • I'm asian. This competition is unfair to me. :(

I'm in, and I'll add 10cr to the pot as well.
  • I'll add a token or two. And I can't grow one, so I'm out.
  • If we don't get enough people to join, I'll hop in.

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Pots at 2 to 4 tokens, 20 credits currently.

I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • I'm in and will be submitting my 'stache for further review and/or humiliation.
  • I'll throw in 20 credits, and will be taking part.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Pots at 2-4 tokens, 40 credits.  Gettin up there! 

• I'll throw two tokens and 20 credits in (December 1st). I'd join in, but unfortunately I have to shave every day. Hater cancer though!
  • 4-6 tokens and 60 credits prize!  Prepare that upper lip!

• If you see me in game at any point prod me for some credits for the prize pot.

Alas I have a beard these days, else I'd take part.
  • I want to grow one now. :[

• I think we need before and after pictures with a newspaper. Or there will be cheaters...

• Who will be judging?

• Apoloc's contest. He is in charge!

• I'll post something official Oct. 31st, considering how big this has gotten I don't see a reason to exclude anyone, women and Asians included.

For informational purposes, anyone can enter, fake mustaches, anything to show your support, I realize women can't grow them and some people are required to shave for work so would make this a fairly lopsided contest.  On Oct. 31st I'll post the prizes for 1st through 3rd and a list of contestants.  

If you're interested in joining, please let me know prior to the 31st so that we can get a concrete list of what we are working with.  As is customary with mustache competitions, you'll be required to post a picture holding a sign saying 'Selthis was here.' of your clean shaven face.  Then an after picture, when the contest ends at the end of November.  

I'll be making a post to the Meets board in game so we can get some of the less active forum voyeurs involved.  Official contest rules/entires/ etc will come in a full post prior to the event, on Oct. 31st.

• I'm in.

I'll throw 50 credits to the pot.

With that said, I would like to see 1st, 2nd, 3rd chances? Possible?

QHONORS!??!?!!?!?!?
  • Oh, a qhonors would be freaking awesome.

• Are extra points awarded for a sweet beard?

• How does this apply to those of us who already sport a stashe, beard, or goat?
  • You shave and start from scratch, @Veratyr
  • As an Asian woman, I shall be proud to enter and show up Gurn with some fancy stache-making. Maybe. It probably won't be epic.

But I'll also throw ten credits into the pot, as well.
  • edited October 2012
    Movember Contest /Entry Rules

1. The contest begins November 1st, 2012.  Anybody wishing to compete in the ‘natural’ mustache category must have a clean shaven picture (holding a sign saying ’Selthis was here.’  posted by  23:59 GMT on November first.  (More specifically, when the game turns from November 1st, to November 2nd.)

2.  Anyone in the ‘faux mustache’ category is not required to post a ‘before’ picture, and are allowed to join in at any point up until the contest ends on November 30th at 23:59 GMT.  (More specifically, when the games turns from November 30th, to December 1st.)

3.  Beards are allowed, though will have zero bearing on mustache judgement.

4. All are able to join either category, though obviously if you cannot grow a mustache, stay away from the ‘natural’ category.  ‘Faux mustache’ is what you’re looking for.  

5.  There will be 3 judges in total, to preside over the competition, Apoloc, preferably 1 admin being as they have donated a substantial amount to the pot, and one other unbiased individual.  (Read: @Jeremy proposing an Admin if possible)

6.  Prior to November 30th  contestants will be informed of a new sign to hold with their final picture.

7. Prizes are subject to change, though hopefully no reason that they should be any lower than the current listings. 

8.  There will be a first, second, and third place prize for each of the two categories.    Though possibly only 1st and 2nd for ‘natural’ dependant on number of contestants. 

9.  Contestants may only take part in one of the two categories, not both.  

Registered Natural Contestants :

Delrayne
    Jorachim
    Sarciossis
    Bathan

• I disagree with the "Selthis was here."

What's stopping me from taking that picture now? HUH.

Make a new thread the day of the contest with the words to use. Everyone can reply with their photos.
    Someone powerful says, "Its broken. No more pulling the guillotine."
  • Will do.  

It appears someone is subconscious about their mustache and thinks 2 days will matter.

• I would love to enter, faux of course, being a lady.  I will also add 10 credits to the prize fund. 
  • I in on the faux too. Let's show them what we can do, @Dot!