Skip to content

What do you play outside of Imperian?

edited October 2012 in The Real Life
I know some of us spend our time on other things besides this game like regular PC/console games? 

Mostly, I just want to know if anyone is going to be playing Assassins' Creed 3?

Comments

• As a note, talking about non-Imperian MUDs is most likely a "no."

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I play Heroes of Newerth. Gave XCom a shot, thought that was neat. Named all my dudes after my RL friends and also Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • XCom was fun. Hated those damned insect aliens tho. :( Always killing my dudes, then reviving them, then turning them into more insects!

I named my whole team after the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans, mostly because I liked sending Romo into the middle of the fight and see if he survives.
  • I'll definitely be on AC3, the 30th can't get here fast enough.

• XCom was fun. Hated those damned insect aliens tho. :( Always killing my dudes, then reviving them, then turning them into more insects!

I named my whole team after the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Texans, mostly because I liked sending Romo into the middle of the fight and see if he survives.
    From what I know of Tony Romo he probably went to shoot an alien but instead tossed him his gun.  :(

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Outside of Imperian I don't play much at the moment. No time for much of anything else. But, installed on my laptop right now are Far Cry 2, Fallout: New Vegas, and Minecraft. I also played Skyrim and Just Cause 2 on the xbox. I'm looking forward to the Elder Scrolls MMO eventually, and while I want to try the new XCOM, I haz no money, and my wife would kill me if I tried to buy it.

• @bathan He had the highest close range misses of my whole team. It was -very- disappointing.
  • I've played Civ 5 a bit, but really aside from that and Imperian I don't much play games anymore. Too much other things going on.
  • Fallout 3, LoL, baseball, fencing.

• Ahkan said:
    Fallout 3, LoL, baseball, fencing.
    You too? And here I thought I was the only one.

• Starcraft 2, Battlefield 3, Mechwarrior Online, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Mount and Blade: Warband, Urban Terror, Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, War of the Roses, etc, etc, etc... Never been a fan of DOTA style games though.
  • Just picked up NBA 2k13 yesterday.  Basketball, thats about it 

• I used to play LoL, but got out of that recently. Give it another month and I'll be back. Right now I just play Wow.
  • Currently playing.. Dishonored.

Waiting on Assassin's Creed 3 and Bioshock Infinite. :o3

• Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Legend of the Cryptids
  • I play a lot of team fortress 2 and crusader kings 2.
  • Waiting for my games to get back from Afghanistan (They suck at sending your gear back) but I like playing games through then nitpicking achievements on XBOX. Generally makes for a good amount of dead time on the game.

Nier (RPG) is a pretty good one. Great story line, actually had me playing it for near 20 hours straight due to how enticing the game was. Awesome soundtrack, comparable to Chrono Cross.
    Trying to get into Skyrim, not really working. Prototype and Dead Space are... funish. Still have to finish up on Assassins Creed Brotherhood and then buy the 3rd one. Whee!\

League of Legends is an okay PC game.
  • I'm spending most of my gaming time/money on M:tG at the moment, been giving MoP a stab out of curiosity and dipping in and out of ME3 Multiplayer.

Completed Dishonored, which was great but WAY too short and the next game I'll probably give some time to is AssCreed 3.

Oh and FIFA 13, always gotta have some FIFA on hand.
  • Dishonored was great, but I agree, way too short. I enjoyed possessing people and walking them into electric walls or over the edge of cliffs. Assassin's Creed 3 is fun, but I'm finding that the endgame is kinda dull. So I'm replaying from the beginning in hopes of getting full synch.
  • edited November 2012
    Just got Assassin's Creed 3 and while it's a lot of fun so far (I'm still doing the introduction), I'm annoyed by the bugs I've seen already as well as the fluctuating frame rate, which is especially bad in say the middle of Boston. This is on the PS3, so I have no idea if the Xbox suffers from similar issues. I'm hoping for more patches and soon!

• LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE :(

• @Kryss I'm with you 100% I was astounded at the visible bugs so early on in the game...I haven't played it non-stop yet, so I'm still fairly early in, but it also seems extremely linear compared to other versions...Which to be fair they were all very linear at the start of the game...maybe as things progress I'll get to roam around and cause havoc.

• I just got Natural Selection 2. Anyone else have this game?
  • @Iluv

Everybody keeps telling me to play this game but I haven't played the first one so I'm hesitant.
    Jarrhn tells you, ""Jarrhn has been sucked through Jarrhn's wormhole, and perished in the Dream Realm." Inception'd."
  • I haven't played the first one but I have played Savage 2 which is also like a FPS/RTS hybrid and I really liked the idea. NS2 seems like the polished version of that so I'm giving it a go.
  • PC: League of legends,GW2,WoW sometimes, lineage2, Allods, SWTOR I bounce between all those.

PS3: Resident evil 6, black ops, castle crashers.

Vita: persona golden soon as I get my copy of it from gamestop this month.
  • Assassin's Creed 3 just keeps getting better. Having finished the extended introduction sequences, I really feel like this is going to be the best Assassin's Creed game. I particularity love the sailing, it makes me wish there was an entire game devoted to it.

• I play a lot of League of Legends and DOTA2 still. I play my PS3 sparingly, mostly fighting games.

As Mkvenner mentioned, I also play a good deal of M:tG. I'm currently participating in our Standard, Modern, and Legacy seasons here in my area - for those curious and also in the hobby,  I'm playing Junk Tokens (Standard), America Delver (Modern), and AnT or Esper Stoneblade (Legacy). I'm doing generally well.

I also play some other things passingly, but nothing really worth mentioning.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • RE M:tG. EDH mainly, down the pub, just starting on Standard though with a Selesnya Populate deck after finally getting my 4th Thragtusk :D

My generals are:

The Mimeoplasm (mill and reanimation obviously)
    Olivia Voldaren (Vampire tribal)
    Kresh, The Bloodbraided (Fatties and Sac' engines)
    Niv-Mizzet the Firemind (Self mill and general utility though possibly going to try and move the general to a Jhoira proliferate deck with some storm)
    Krond, The Dawn-Clad (ENCHANTMENT /dragonagereference)

Splitting a Commander's Arsenal with some mates tomorrow :D