Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• Selthis said:
    Dias said:
    @Septus: It probably was the unblockable that got me off guard. The issue to me wasn't so much "Oh god soulquench it hurt so bad" just that someone who I deem a non artifact person (Aside from his claymore) was rolling around do more damage to me with no setup then most do with a setup.

Was probably me being a bit ignorant of the mechanics, thanks for not being a jerk about it :)
    Ahahaha, Maglust is def an artifact person.  
    Useless Monk artifacts don't count since he is a DK :P
  • Trust me, he's an artifact person. Just because he has old class artifacts doesn't change the fact he's got other artifacts that are more relevant.

• H -25pp [4.1%] [48]
    Terror takes hold, as a numb sensation overcomes your body.
    aff+ paralysis
    Shou is in Gyanis.
    Shou standing crescentcut you like an idiot.
    H -25pp [4.1%] [48]
    Shou is in Ein-Fasit.
    Shou standing crescentcut you like an idiot.
    H -25pp [4.1%] [48]
    Shou is in Gyanis.

This system is worth the credits just for the #subs.
  • I love the new "zerg" for demoninc, spam dsl opium opium and have someone touch web. Everyone will conform to the ways of AM! 
  • IniarIniar Australia
    edited September 2013
    Dias said:
    I love the new "zerg" for demoninc, spam dsl opium opium and have someone touch web. Everyone will conform to the ways of AM! 
    Pfft. We're bringing back old school.

wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Hey man, do what ya gotta do. We still spam standing crescents cause we're cool like that.

On another note, I heart being able to find a stream for the 49ers and Seahawks game, even if they just suspended play for about 30 minutes due to the lightning and rain in Seattle !
  • In a turn of hilarious irony:
    Ander drew a Dreadscythe Claymore.
    Ander slashed Eldreth with a claymore.
    Damage reflected to Ander.
    Ander slashed Eldreth with a claymore.
    Damage reflected to Ander.
    Eldreth's eyes close suddenly as he falls asleep. (x2) (x3)

Cordilia swings the haft of a truesilver javelin in a long, sweeping curve at Eldreth's head.
    The weapon slams into the side of Eldreth's head, and he reels backward, his face going blank.
    Maglust moves in to parry the blow.

Cordilia swings the haft of a truesilver javelin in a long, sweeping curve at your head.
    The weapon slams into the side of your head and stars explode in your vision before everything fades to black.

And that's just the cliff notes version. Luckily, it should be enough to keep things into perspective. 

**The person who was webbing Dias doesn't have a single transcendent skill. She just wanted to be involved so we put her on Karyn/Shou duty.

***Who buys a veil before a quicksilver artifact anyways? That's just bad decision making. 
  • Had the amulet, didn't really need it for awhile. Might need to re-invest evidently :(
  • IniarIniar Australia
    **The person who was webbing Dias doesn't have a single transcendent skill. She just wanted to be involved so we put her on Karyn/Shou duty.
    And I will fully support the actions of anyone who wants to contribute, and isn't a douche. This game is for all players, and if that's the only way they (and we) can perceive themselves as useful, I want them to do it.
  • Definitely! It worked too! I was taking a crazy amount of damage from you guys and I couldn't front any sort of offense or even a defense. Sad face man :(
  • I love how amusing the recent trend of

-Complaint posts
    -Logs/facts that controvert the previous complaint
    -Spam off topics
    -Followup misdirection post

• IniarIniar Australia
    Ahkan said:
    I love how amusing the recent trend of

-Complaint posts
    -Logs/facts that controvert the previous complaint
    -Spam off topics
    -Followup misdirection post

Ssshhhhhhhh. (It's working.)
  • Quick! The Seahawks game is back on!
  • Dias said:
    I love the new "zerg" for demoninc, spam dsl opium opium and have someone touch web. Everyone will conform to the ways of AM! 
    Ahaha, no. Our newer players and people just getting into combat were assigned to that while our core players coordinated and tracked. In AM, most of your core players just mash bash attacks, uncon, or standing ccuts, making your web-newbies seem like superstars.
  • I love the sounds dead horses make when beaten.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Iluv said:
    Dias said:
    Ahaha, no. Our newer players and people just getting into combat were assigned to that while our core players coordinated and tracked. In AM, most of your core players just mash bash attacks, uncon, or standing ccuts, making your web-newbies seem like superstars.
    To be fair, he did say 'zerg' (and I think he means zergling): http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zergling_(StarCraft)

A little excerpt:

"The zergling is the least durable basic troop unit. This is offset by inexpensive production, and high movement and attack rate. The zergling is useful throughout the game; it may be used for early game rushes, then as support for more powerful units in the late game (eg. ultraling).

Zerglings should be used in swarms. This is especially important as the game progresses and attacks and abilities inflicting splash or AoE damage become more common. Surround and attack individual enemy units with multiple zerglings at once for quick kills." (Bold mine)

Reads like a text book. (Wish our wiki were as nice)

• Iluv said:
    Dias said:
    Because your way takes a whole lot of coordinating by having Maglust dsl claymore oxalis strycnnine bcry, Iniar spam dsl opium opium, newb touch web, and everyone else just do the basic damage combo for Summoner. Forgot, that takes a lot of effort too, all that coordination.

And not to de-rail this lovely argument, but to show my excitement, woo Seahawks! Destroyed them 49ers!
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Dias said:

Glad I decided to not tradein my quicksilver, geez.
  • Some people just aren't cut out for team combat.
  • Ahkan said:
    Some people just aren't cut out for team combat.
    See: Every non druid in Magick.
  • Suralina said:
    Ahkan said:
    Dunno about you, but getting a kill every 25 seconds apart from the team target sounds pretty good to me. 

Also, as a hardcore starcraft nerd, I'd like to point out that AM zerglings play like gold league and below, where you kind of throw zerglings at the opponent and hope their sheer number and damage crush them.

Demonic may still use zerglings, but they're using zerglings in a smart way, putting pressure on your second and third expansion while going for a run-by on your exposed base after he hit you with mutalisks.

Same unit, same concept, different uses!
  • To me Demonic is more like a swarm of Defilers, being all tricksy with their skills. Helps they also have the Defiler class!

Anti-magick has a few ultras mixed into their zerglings which can make things difficult.

But I only ever used to play Broodwar so what do I know. ,_,

• @Azefel is like a swarm host. He bleeds new zerglings onto the battlefield by giving them his system. >=(

• edited September 2013
    Suralina said:
    Ahkan said:
    Class-related stuff isn't Magick's issue in team combat. I was able to find uses for all our non-druids while leading shardfalls. Problem I had was more that we didn't have any vets participating for the majority of the time I was leading(Ziat, Aulani, Risca, and Khizan were around sometimes, but it was kind of intermittent(maybe because of the hours I was around)). Most of the people I was leading had been around as long or longer than me, and so I had either Seraphyne's and Brishi's that were both willing to follow orders and did well on their own if it came to it, or Person A and Person B that liked to call targets over me, attacked whoever the hell they wanted, and for their life couldn't manage to make use of a single holding technique(which can be relatively easily mixed into your rotation with minimal loss of damage as Druid) leaving me Basilisk Snare'ing for the majority of the fight.

I wish I had logs of all the times that I had three people at once trying to convince me that letting enemy combatants escape from battle was good for us because it meant that combatant wasn't attacking us. People had me facepalming till my face was sore.

Disclaimer: This could have changed completely in the month+ that I've been gone(new laptop == time to play every PC game that's come out in the past three years that my old laptop couldn't handle).
  • Dicene said:
    Class-related stuff isn't Magick's issue in team combat. I was able to find uses for all our non-druids while leading shardfalls. Problem I had was more that we didn't have any vets participating for the majority of the time I was leading(Ziat, Aulani, Risca, and Khizan were around sometimes, but it was kind of intermittent(maybe because of the hours I was around)). Most of the people I was leading had been around as long or longer than me, and so I had either Seraphyne's and Brishi's that were both willing to follow orders and did well on their own if it came to it, or Person A and Person B that liked to call targets over me, attacked whoever the hell they wanted, and for their life couldn't manage to make use of a single holding technique(which can be relatively easily mixed into your rotation with minimal loss of damage as Druid) leaving me Basilisk Snare'ing for the majority of the fight.

I wish I had logs of all the times that I had three people at once trying to convince me that letting enemy combatants escape from battle was good for us because it meant that combatant wasn't attacking us. People had me facepalming till my face was sore.

Disclaimer: This could have changed completely in the month+ that I've been gone(new laptop == time to play every PC game that's come out in the past three years that my old laptop couldn't handle).
    Obvious solution: Set up old laptop as Imperian, play games on new computer. 
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited September 2013
    There's an almost equal number of AM and demonic who use my system ok :(

(also, some of them use it just for the shopkeeping/harvesting!)
  • I never harvested before. Now it's like \o/
  • edited September 2013
    imageimage

Obvious problems with laptop:
    - Laptop needs a USB Wifi adapter.
    - Laptop's hinges are both snapped, the monitor being completely supported by tape.

Non-Obvious problems:
    - Battery holds 0 charge.
    - Power cords all shorted too fast, the one I was using last was one that I manually spliced back together and electric-taped back up. That one also shorted, so if you so much as tapped it, computer died.
    - Laptop likes to overheat if I don't open it up and clean the fan and other components every month.

For these reasons, I believe it's time to retire this particular laptop. 

Edit: Oh, Ahkan, you're at 999 posts. Just sayin.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Azefel said:
    There's an almost equal number of AM and demonic who use my system ok :(

(also, some of them use it just for the shopkeeping/harvesting!)

He secretly tracks all the actions you do while in his script. ;)