Skip to content

I HEART

Comments

• edited September 2013

I'll title this post as "Think before Asking"

Story writing contest + Volpe + two days without sleep + manic high = This Story

Message #761 Sent By: Alvetta Received On: 9/04/2013/5:43

"I really hope to see an entry from you for the contest."

and

Message #766 Sent By: Alvetta Received On: 9/12/2013/23:52

"Please get your story to me. Technically the deadline has come and gone, but

we are gonna extend it just a bit."

This is a story about Skralgar, the Invincibly Insane. Mere words cannot contain the insanity or invincibility that is Skralgar. So this humble writer has been dining on a steady diet of shattered glass and live fire ants in anticipation. In his final delirious state he wrote this story in his own blood. It was a grim task, but this too is a grim story.

The writer of course did not survive.

Long ago, lost in the ether of time before there were asses, there was Skralgar, though he was not known as the invincibly insane at this point. It was just Skralgar. He was frustrated, for he knew not what this thing was that boiled inside of him; merely that it boiled. Besides the hot bubbling pitch that occasionally jetted forth from his mouth, but something deeper, angrier.

"Violence is important, but I need something I can kick!" exclaimed Skralgar. "Something round, firm and connected to a person. Something that is both painful and shameful," he said, musing to himself as he stroked his beard made entirely of bees.

"Perhaps it is called an ass, sir?" asked Pete the weak and dim.

"An ass it shall be!" roared Skralgar, and kicked Pete so hard that Pete's backside split in twain where before it was merely a single cheek. The first ass smarted from the first kicking. As it should be.

Skralgar let out a deep belly laugh and found others, far and wide did he travel splitting people in twain just below their lower back and above their legs. It was a terrible thing to behold and terrible was his wrath.

From the mightiest to the lowest people had been damaged, for now in each and every person there was a flaw. In the vernacular of this day they might call it a crack. They banded together, sore and angry, and plotted Skralgar's destruction.

"We put the boots to him. Number four style!" screamed one man.

"Nay, we should feed him to the giant man-eating clams!" exclaimed another. It was a good idea and it had most others nodding with the man, who had not one, but four asses from failed retaliations.

"No!" said Pete. "No, he has divided our bodies, but do not let him divide us. We must work together in order to bring down this insane, near invincible man." Though Pete was known as the weak and the dim, his words made sense to the crowd and the raised their implements of destruction high into the air in support and let out their war whoops.

They came from the mountains. They came from the hills. They came from the plains, the deserts and hills. All to give back a taste to Skralgar, the invincibly insane and perhaps, just maybe, split his own ass in twain.

Perhaps it was an oversight of the crowd to listen to a man named Pete, famed for his weakness and stupidity, or perhaps you shouldn't mess with a man whose beard is made of live bees and his stomach a repository for bubbling pitch. In any case, though many a lance was shattered and plenty of big toes broken, not steel nor magick nor foot kicked out in anger could split Skralgar's ass in twain. And though he received man wounds he would not die. His only wound was self-inflicted as a reminder of that glorious day.

So if you ever meet a man with no butt and a cleft chin, run for your life. He may just kick your ass.

• Going to try that papers game later today, once I do some... you know... work.

• Jeremy said:

Going to try that papers game later today, once I do some... you know... work.

Prepare to hate yourself for the decisions you make.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • It helps if you don't get too attached to your family. Food, heat, and medicine for my sick family...or this cool new booth upgrade!

For real though, playing on a laptop so I couldn't click and drag fast enough to make the kind of income I needed and I eventually had to pick which family members to let die. =(
  • This papers game is addicting. Since Lionas seems to be coding god (Aside from Azefel), some one like him should get the ppmod and make a Imperian similar version in Caanae. It'd be fun!
  • We can have an immigration position in cities. They can spend all day doing this for quest xp.

• "Antioch and Trevka... DETAIN HIM!!!!"
  • Alas, we hit upon a design difficulty in the MUD/Text genre. Things like Papers, Please would be difficult to do reasonably within Imperian, because they're time based and you can just trigger everything flawlessly.
  • That's true of almost everything in this game, though.

Fazlee's "push F1 until they die" afflictions systems can basically do that for PvP, and writing a strigoi/lich killing script would be pretty easy if you could get everybody to run it.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Khizan said:

That's true of almost everything in this game, though.

Fazlee's "push F1 until they die" afflictions systems can basically do that for PvP, and writing a strigoi/lich killing script would be pretty easy if you could get everybody to run it.

At least Fazlee's system requires some coding or competence at some point

Not so with druid and icicle-mages. 

Oh, apples oranges.
  • Fazlee does all the coding. There are people with inept coding ability utilizing it and winning matches that they generally couldn't before. 

I meant to just get a ppmod though and make an editable version that we could upload ourselves and play, for fun. Nothing too serious.

In other news!

H: 453/543 (83) M: 373/386 (96) <15.74><db><e->(16:17) s
    Maglust swings a truesilver claymore at you powerfully.
    Damage Taken: 54 cutting, physical (raw damage: 138)
    As a truesilver claymore strikes you, you feel your health start to slip away as it hungrily feeds 
    from you.
    Damage Taken: 31 unblockable (raw damage: 31)
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    As a truesilver claymore strikes you, you feel your health start to slip away as it hungrily feeds 
    from you.
    A prickly, stinging sensation spreads through your body.
    You are afflicted with sensitivity.
    H: 281/543 (51) M: 373/386 (96) <15.74><b><e->(16:17) 
    You must regain balance first.

That's a bit ridiculous. Then his very next attack

H: 456/543 (83) M: 307/386 (79) <15.74><b><e->(16:17) 
    from you.
    Damage Taken: 71 cutting, physical (raw damage: 138)
    from you.
    Damage Taken: 42 unblockable (raw damage: 31)
    H: 256/543 (47) M: 307/386 (79) <15.74><b><e->(16:17) 

Anywhere from 22% of my health to 36% of my health in one dsl, and soulquench procs on all four 'hits'. 
  • H:610/610 M:430/430 B:0 <eb> <db>
    With a lightning-quick motion, Juran slashes you with a Sukhder claymore.
    Damage Taken: 84 cutting, physical (raw damage: 151)
    As the weapon strikes you, the runes on your body burn you painfully.
    Damage Taken: 54 fire, mental (raw damage: 68)
    Your vision and hearing are suddenly restored.
    With a lightning-quick motion, Juran slashes you with a Sukhder claymore.
    Damage Taken: 84 cutting, physical (raw damage: 151)
    Juran raises his arms in a beckoning gesture as the Rite of Seance bursts into flames and wreathes itself around you.
    Damage Taken: 172 fayth, mental (raw damage: 82)

H:215/610 M:430/430 B:10 <eb> <>

Cry more, Anti-Magick. Cry more.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• I think it's been established that Juran goes out of the realm of 'norm'. You are also not factoring that Juran had a collar, sash, and a lvl 3 claymore comparative to what Maglust was outputting without that. 

Also, he isn't even AM anymore and I have yet to see anyone even come close to that sort of output after he left.
  • No clue if he's still rolling powerful or not, but that's an artifact claymore dsl, so its still slow as  hell.  The proc  is more  frequent because of the weapon speed.  FYI, if you pick up templar you can do the same to people indiscriminately in both circles without having to spend a balance to activate it on a specific person.
  • edited September 2013
    That's also an outlier.

The proc rate for soulquench is a pretty simple formula.
    If you are animated as wight, then it ranges linearly per point of speed from 75% for the slowest weapon to 25% for the fastest weapon. If you are not animated as wight, then it ranges linearly per point of speed from 52% for the slowest weapon to 17% for the fastest weapon.

ETA:
    Weapon speed ranges from 120 (slowest) to 240 (highest)
    EDIT 2:
    He's strong.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Spoken like someone who doesn't understand combat at any level.

The Azefel systems are nice perks. They take a bad combatant (like you, for example) and elevate them to the rank of tolerable. You can nerf a fazlee bot by hitting them. This is largely due to the fact that they are only good at spamming f1-f3. They don't react to situational changes in combat that get them killed. This is why Juran, Khizan, Azefel, and I are scarier than flavor of the month class exploiters.

The druids and the mages take 0 coding. At least Azefel's system has to track toxins, rebounding, afflictions in/out. Shaylei and Seraphyne just have to only do one set of attacks and they can kill most of the game before they can get an offense going.

See? Two different things. You should really learn what apples and oranges means. Anyways, on to your bad complaint.

Is this a team fight? Are you prone, paralyzed?

Things you don't know. Maglust was in wight, which increases the proc chance of soulquench. The slower the weapon, the higher chance of proc. Very slow weapons with wight get near 70%. Most not wight claymores are somewhere around 50%, I think. That means 7/10 times soulquench will proc. If it's proccing 100% of the time, that means the universe hates you and is working with the RNG to screw you over. Some people would call this karma. Maglust is battlecrying in strong. His dsl balance is 4.4s (should be) and his battlecry balance is 4.87 . He can only dsl as often as he as eq, which is every 5s. If you die to 200-220 damage every (especially with your inventory)  5 seconds you're probably doing something wrong. Maglust is sacrificing everything to do high burst damage. He's sacrificing mana (absolve bait), +2 con,  equilibrium and affliction pressure to hit really hard once every 5 seconds. It's a team combat build that lasts -maybe- six dsls, which is 30s

There's an initiation step. Combat awareness. Learn it. Love it. This telegraphs exactly what Maglust's job is. There's a few way to avoid damage. Everyone knows them. 
    Maglust concentrates briefly on a truesilver claymore before plunging it into your torso. He withdraws the weapon, leaving a gaping hole and you watch in shock and horror as the weapon hungrily sucks up your blood.
    #SUB: MAGLUST IS ABOUT TO HIT YOU LIKE A BUS. YOU SHOULD TRY AND AVOID IT.

Also, if you're sensitive (half of second dsl), you're naturally going to take more damage. I heal about 164 toadstool/sip and I take more damage than you and Maglust can't burst me down. You have to remember your aura is popping up in between some dsls, so those dsls are half dsls and can't stick sensitivity.  Also, I'm calling shenanigans. If you're being honest and it was Maglust's very next attack...you had healed all the damage he did before he dsl'd again. Oops!

Maglust slashed you with a claymore.
    H -73cp [12.0%] [143]
    Your hearing is suddenly restored.
    Maglust slashed you with a claymore.
    H -73cp [12.0%] [143]
    Soulquench hit you.
    H -34u [5.6%] [34]
    aff+ sensitivity
    423H69 629M98 *aA 14B [eb b][T:Maglust|L]

To be fair, emblazon damage can exceed soulquench damage. Emblazon also lacks an initiation step and it's on 100% of the time. Templar claymores hurt as much as DK claymores (because they have inspiration) and can as much, if not more sustained damage, than a deathknight. So, if you're going to cry about deathknight damage. I expect to see your classleads nerfing templar. Actually, Aten can hit for 250-300 damage per round as a wardancer without any set up. I want to see your classleads nerfing that as well.

I'd like to thank Dias for going out of his way to demonstrate a bad complaint for the classleads system.

Fun fact: Most demonic classes eat damage like this from Monks, Wardens, Templars, Outriders and Tidalslash at every shardfall vs AM. (You should classlead all of them too, by your logic).
  • edited September 2013
    I understand the mechanic behind the proc but still being that he did that much is ridiculous. He was sporting a lvl claymore and he was in the strong statpack. I can't speak to the animation of wight or not. 

Using Juran as an example to factor damage output is like using Eldreth, or Justus, or Sarrius (Druid time). It's just not realistic to the general output. Maglust is using a lvl 1 claymore, which can generally be forged easily. Him throwing out on the first hit a 25%ish hit to me, as one of those most mitigating classes in the game is ridiculous.

@Ahkan - Get off your high horse please for a minute, that might help you, anyways. I was showing his two attacks in different sections. There was maybe 5 seconds between it. Which yes, of course, I healed during. The factor isn't how much Maglust would hurt 1 v 1, it's how much he hurted with 3 of his buddies going to town as well. There was no ciguatoxin or prone, but I was impaled by shadowstrike and writhing that. 

Second point, Wardancer is in need of a massive nerf, I can not agree more with you on that. 

Third point, you are by far one of the worse duels I've had, mainly because you run within 10 seconds and you do near to no damage or affliction rate that is even noticeable. So, once again, get off the high horse.

Fourth point, don't have Azefel's system. I use Mudlet since it's the only decent client supported by our lovely MAC systems.
  • edited September 2013

My L2 claymore is a 4.27s DSL at a L0 bonus, so Maglust's L1 probably clocks in at ~4.41s. That's slow as hell. I'd be incredibly incredibly incredibly surprised if most AM classes couldn't match that level of DPS with his level artifacts while not relying on random damage procs or limited-activation abilities.

• Dias said:
    Him throwing out on the first hit a 25%ish hit to me, as one of those most mitigating classes in the game is ridiculous.
    This is the only thing in your last few posts that is accurate. Since that damage is lower than most of AM, we should nerf those.

(Actually, burst DK is fine where it is. It will never kill anyone with more than about 300 health 1v1, and in teams its burst pales in comparison to... any burst from M or AM. I'm of the overall opinion that Demonic is pretty balanced (with the possible exception of summoner, which is still getting its feet), and M and AM should be balanced down to the level Demonic is currently at.)
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013
    Dias said:
    I understand the mechanic behind the proc but still being that he did that much is ridiculous. He was sporting a lvl claymore and he was in the strong statpack. I can't speak to the animation of wight or not. 

Using Juran as an example to factor damage output is like using Eldreth, or Justus, or Sarrius (Druid time). It's just not realistic to the general output. Maglust is using a lvl 1 claymore, which can generally be forged easily. Him throwing out on the first hit a 25%ish hit to me, as one of those most mitigating classes in the game is ridiculous.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. Smithing slow weapons has been notoriously bad since forever. Ask Ozreas about his series of broaditars, longbroads, and braxes.

This is the best halberd Katalina and I forged (halberd = claymore) Remember, this is the BEST. 
    halberd59761          205  148  117     9

Also, Juran did 400+ damage (maglust did 200), Sarrius abused pound to do 300-400 damage (maglust did 200) and Eldreth warped for 180 and truenamed for 60% of your health. (maglust only did 200). Juran, Sarrius and Eldreth also invested 2000+. Maglust invested 350.

We haven't had a 'duel' in at least four to five years. Any comment to the contrary I'm calling shenanigans.
     I'm one of the most vocal people that 'dueling' is retarded and I don't participate in it. This is a well known fact. I'm sure anyone who's dueled you...ever, knows that you're just projecting to be a tool.
  • Once again, I am not saying that particular factions of damage should not be nerfed. The output you can get with a credit investment for Templar is a bit above where it should be. Pull it down. Druid has some crazy output as well, pull it down. 

The only reason I brought into the conversation the high tier people is because Khizan brought in Juran to say Juran damage > Maglust damage. Well, no duh. Juran is one of the most heavily artifacted players in the game. Balancing it around him would be idiotic.

The gripe isn't between 1 v 1 Maglust , it's Maglust jump into a room with his buddies and knocking out that much health in such a small window. I'm not saying AM doesn't do this (we do, we're bad, meh), but I suppose that's the name of the game then? 

Back on topic - Ironbeard! Atlas page and 67k, finally!
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited September 2013

• IniarIniar Australia
     Aten can hit for 250-300 damage per round as a wardancer without any set up. 
    I never have enough lubricant for that. :s
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • So someone can jump into a group fight and do a lot of damage alongside their friends? STOP THE PRESSES.

I mean honestly, how can anyone (especially people in AM and Magick) complain about that?

• I heart that I was going to post something snarky and instead just stared at Kryss' signature trying to figure out what's going on there. Why is that robot so goddamn fabulous?
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • To be perfectly fair, Khizan's post was also pretty misleading. If I'm not mistaken (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), that log fragment was from the ToA, where Juran was rolling with ridiculous str/int bonuses because of the stat boosting promo items. That's not to say that damage is remotely ok, but it is far from a representative example of any kind of reallistic situation.

That said, claymore soulquench is fine. Its decent burst, but not really anything special (sabre soulquench would be way better sustained dps).

@Dias: you're probably surprised by the damage because soulquench damage is unblockable, so whereas you'd usually mitigate a fair bit of damage as predator you're taking the full amount. It hurts to get slapped with a 170 damage dsl for sure, but when you consider that's on a ~4.5s bal that's not bad. Turtling also punishes soulquench users more heavily as they're on a time limit before they have to reapply it, whereas rg/templar can throw out their flares when opportunity presents itself without having to worry about that. Probably the one thing soulquench has going for it over the other knight burst damage is you can stack dks doing it, but the random factor makes that a perk rather than a huge edge.

• @Septus: It probably was the unblockable that got me off guard. The issue to me wasn't so much "Oh god soulquench it hurt so bad" just that someone who I deem a non artifact person (Aside from his claymore) was rolling around do more damage to me with no setup then most do with a setup.

Was probably me being a bit ignorant of the mechanics, thanks for not being a jerk about it :)
  • Dias said:
    @Septus: It probably was the unblockable that got me off guard. The issue to me wasn't so much "Oh god soulquench it hurt so bad" just that someone who I deem a non artifact person (Aside from his claymore) was rolling around do more damage to me with no setup then most do with a setup.

Was probably me being a bit ignorant of the mechanics, thanks for not being a jerk about it :)
    Ahahaha, Maglust is def an artifact person.  
  • I'm pretty sure Maglust hasn't had a lovage pipe for like an RL year, so it takes like... 12 seconds tops to lock him down. From personal experience anyway.