Skip to content

Mapping Changes

124»

Comments

• I know what you are saying, and I have noticed some strange connections between areas. I am semi trying to clean that up a bit. The road thing kinda bothers me. I have considered removing a few exits in places. My fear is changing things up too much and pissing off a lot of people. I would like to have clear, distinct roads connecting the cities and councils in some way, but I have not really done more then think about it. Clear paths leaving to each towne as well.

• edited August 2013
    Two things:

A.) Why is there a Kinsarmar Crossroads in Graytrem? Is that someone's custom home?

B.) Is this an issue with homes having faulty coordinates in Imperian's Map.XML, or is the Mudlet IRE Mapping Script/Mudlet's Internal Mapper just bad at something? Kinsarmar shouldn't look like a squid. =(

• A cheap way to pick up privacy is to name a room after a public room. It prevents people from sneaking into shop keeping, meetings, and 'meetings.'
  • Yeah. I'd considered doing it to my house in Khandava back in the day, but now that house rooms are on public maps(even if the coordinates aren't correct yet), that's just annoying and breaks people's mappers.
  • Dicene said:
    Two things:

B.) Is this an issue with homes having faulty coordinates in Imperian's Map.XML, or is the Mudlet IRE Mapping Script/Mudlet's Internal Mapper just bad at something? Kinsarmar shouldn't look like a squid. =(
    In the generated XML, each house's entrance has 0,0,0 coordinates, along with a "building" attribute to differentiate the various houses - the mapper is only supposed to show rooms within one building at a time, failing to do this produces the effect that you see.
  • Ahah. If I were to parse the entire map and change the Z coordinate of any room with a building number, that would remedy my map issues.