Skip to content

Mage and Summoner revamps

1789101113»

Comments

• I admit I wish Mage were getting a bit more flare. A skill of Water+Fire and another of Air+Earth, doesnt seem all that enticing. I would have really loved it if the Mage could select which element they wish to focus on and their skill then changing per that, but I know that would be a lot of work. Ah well.
  • That's always been an issue I've had with Mage, at least thematically. I want to create the super overplayed Aggro Fire Mage, but the fact is, there was only ever one worthwhile skill (holocaust) because of high fire mitigation. Plus side, Noctusari look like pretty great Fire Mages now.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    Mage has literal truckloads of flair, if you like hilarious instakills
  • Rumor has it that beta has ended.. Any idea when they'll go live?
  • After the quite likely frustrating, drawn out event to explain why Mages can still control the four elements and why Summoners can still use demonic pacts.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I doubt there will be an event for it. Historically, class/skill release events are way more trouble than they're worth and basically just piss everybody off because the event is so obviously on rails.

Maybe guilds will do something, if they want, but it will almost certainly be a small scale thing.

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

• Khizan said:

I doubt there will be an event for it. Historically, class/skill release events are way more trouble than they're worth and basically just piss everybody off because the event is so obviously on rails.

Maybe guilds will do something, if they want, but it will almost certainly be a small scale thing.

I am pretty sure we'd have the skills by now if there wasn't an event. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • edited August 2013
    Though oddly enough, people  would complain if the changes went in  without  an  event because  "Imperian is just pk and RP is dead  and blah blah blah." 

Probably by the same people.

Its not really fair to the  volunteers who are trying to  make  the transition  cool to get crapped upon, but it is also  not fair to the players  who just want the cool new stuff and feel somewhat compelled because the events sound  way too important for what they actually are.

Either way, please just introduce class changes without interactive events.  I don't care if its a mob showing up and expounding upon it  or whatever, but  I do care about listening to a flood of tears  about how everything is terrible from everyone. Don't make them global, just do small mini-events and keep them low key. Do not make them antagonistic to other circles in anyway.
  • That's really all that's needed.

Bob_the_Mage says, "You guys have been doing it wrong. There are other skills in mageness that aren't hailstorm. BEHOLD!"
    Bob_the_Mage teaches you the new hotness.

Trollio_the_Summoner says, "Hows that training wheels aeon? No one likes you."
    Trollio_the_Summoner teaches you how to fiyah because he has to.
  • That's basically what we are doing, yes.
  • AhkanAhkan Texas
    edited August 2013
    Garryn said:
    That's basically what we are doing, yes.
    Garryn just admitted that no one likes summoners. Conspiracy detected.

• Really looking forward to the upcoming release of these new classes! Also going to take this post to give a big thank you to Garryn and all the beta testers (who may or may not deserve thanks on account of spending the beta being silly :#) for all their hard work. So yeah, bring on the awesome.

• Indeed. Despite all my misgivings surrounding attunement, I believe both classes will be a homerun. I can't wait for the next project - even a light one, like a Defiler tweak project (hope).
  • Probably one of the best beta's I've attended since it wasn't a troll fest but good ideas thrown out. Good job everyone. 
  • Please change taint back to spark!
  • noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

taint > spark
  • So long to alchemy
  • IniarIniar Australia
    Absolutely amazing how this thread reads now.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited August 2014
    Things I'm noticing with mage:

1. Mana Cost of spells are very high.
    2. I'd like to attunement cost for affliction spells all reduced by one
    3. Calcify doesn't last nearly as long as it should.
    4. I'd like to see costs gone from wreathes for crystalbinding, but it's a far reach.

• 1. Probably a valid complaint.
    2. Those were adjusted upwards in beta because they were ridiculous at the points where they would be at your suggestion.
    3. It is set where it is because if it were any higher, Water would be overpowered.
    4. Crystalbinding effects are for bursts of momentum gain, not constant benefits. You are meant to expend them with forethought, not haphazardly. If wreathes cost nothing, your class would be brutally overpowered. The class is no longer braindead about attunement gain and that was the overall point of revamping that part of the class.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    I'd agree with the mana cost needing tweaking.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    edited August 2014
    2.49 seconds per balance as wise with diadem, with most double afflictors needing 2 attunements per cast that remove the attunement. Without crystalbinding, you limit yourself to applying 1 attunement per 2.49 seconds with one afflictor. Dehydrate is the only useful one as it works without attunement requirements.

With the small pool of useful afflictions that are mostly mental, it is harder to press afflictions without using quickcast or pressuring the 25 second calcify that only adds .25 to herb balance.

I'm just a scrub though. The hell do I know.

• With alchemy gone, i just may come back
  • Necromancy is still here.