Skip to content

New Artifacts Wishlist

Comments

• Enryk said:

Ahkan said:
    Man. Where's that Enryk guy when we need him. There's so many posts in here for him to down vote for +1ing phylacteries.

I haven't said anything against phylacteries (or even about them). 

You can relax your efforts though. I've already come to the conclusion that I don't think this community is for me, so there's no need to carry on with the bullying. It's not like Imperian needs new people willing to throw down money on the game, amirite?

Pretty much most of what we were saying was summed down to: Learn the game and play it more before delving into heavy critique and analysis. You have good ideas, it's just... They're not really grounded in reality just due to inexperience with the game itself. :/
  • edited June 2013
    Ahkan said:
    You may want to hold off the expert critique of the game for a few weeks (probably months) wherever you end up. The players there probably won't openly call you out on some of the fallacies within your critique, which I guess makes us bullies.
    Nope, that would be called "debating", not bullying. Go right ahead with that.

I'm thinking more of things along the lines of - "You must be stupid!" "Shut up, no one wants to hear you!" "Here's how he plays his characters, clearly he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously." "God, shut up about existing storyline X already, you obsessive noob, we need ideas for missing storylines!" "Here's what I reckon he does with his real life money, he must be leeching off the game and its developers!" "Haha, let's all laugh at that idiot in another thread who doesn't seem to like what every decent person simply has to like!"

Sound familiar? That might not have been the intended message, but it was received loud and clear.

Edit: Also, just so we're clear, it's a fantastic game. It has some of the best mechanics of all the IRE games, and probably many vibrant, welcoming and non-AFK pockets of players scattered throughout the circles (at least I hope so). It has an absolutely delightful bunch of admin, from my limited experience at least. I'm not going to say otherwise on any of those points.
  • Enryk said:
    Ahkan said:
    You may want to hold off the expert critique of the game for a few weeks (probably months) wherever you end up. The players there probably won't openly call you out on some of the fallacies within your critique, which I guess makes us bullies.
    Nope, that would be called "debating", not bullying. Go right ahead with that.

I'm thinking more of things along the lines of - "You must be stupid!" "Shut up, no one wants to hear you!" "Here's how he plays his characters, clearly he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously." "God, shut up about existing storyline X already, you obsessive noob, we need ideas for missing storylines!" "Here's what I reckon he does with his real life money, he must be leeching off the game and its developers!" "Haha, let's all laugh at that idiot in another thread who doesn't seem to like what every decent person simply has to like!"

Sound familiar? That might not have been the intended message, but it was received loud and clear.

Edit: Also, just so we're clear, it's a fantastic game. It has some of the best mechanics of all the IRE games, and probably many vibrant, welcoming and non-AFK pockets of players scattered throughout the circles (at least I hope so). It has an absolutely delightful bunch of admin, from my limited experience at least. I'm not going to say otherwise on any of those points.

I recognize some of those comments as mine, and I don't write my critiques in anything but neutral terms. I'm blunt, but you're taking everything personally, and believing that because we disagree, we're laughing at you and saying you're stupid and the like.

To be fair, I can see how Ahkan can be taken that way, but everyone takes his words like that, so... 
  • Honestly, I didn't see
    'You must be stupid."

""Shut up, no one wants to hear you!"
    - I did say "Shut up" because you were attacking one of the better promotion mechanics because you (personal argument) don't like gambling. (The joke was it's the only gambling where you win 100%. hoorah anecdotal evidence). You added the rest.

"Here's how he plays his characters, clearly he doesn't deserve to be taken seriously." Not sure where you found this.

"God, shut up about existing storyline X already, you obsessive noob, we need ideas for missing storylines!" Not sure where you found this.
    -On the contrary, most people were like "holy crap, that's awesome." I remember Anathema and I remember her story lines. It was awesome. It's a shame it got left in the dump to be forgotten.

"Here's what I reckon he does with his real life money, he must be leeching off the game and its developers!" Not sure where you found this.

"Haha, let's all laugh at that idiot in another thread who doesn't seem to like what every decent person simply has to like!"
    -This one was me too. Well, most of the antagonistic wording here is you taking dramatic license. You tried to remove phylacteries. That's like staging a lynch mob against cake and pie. Shame on you. I'd call out my own mother if she tried to remove cake and pie. In this thread I made a joking reference to your hatred of phylacteries since its supporters were finally coming out of the woodwork. I hate it when my bad arguments are used against me. It sucks. Most of us do. 

I really couldn't find citations for a lot of the 'unfair criticism' you think you were subjected to. Don't get me wrong, our forums have their moments of ermagerd and vitriol, but it hasn't happened in awhile and I don't think it happened to you. But, like I said, when you end up at whatever game you're going to, you shouldn't insult the cake and pie and tell the other dudes there how to play the game. Deckard Cain said it best, "Stay awhile and listen."

• IniarIniar Australia
    The Jester's Cap
    This artifact consumes 5 blue shards per Imperian day when you ACTIVATE CAP. When active, it reduces the proc rate of stupidity to 10%.
    wit beyond measure is a Sidhe's greatest treasure
  • Enryk said:

Ahkan said:
    Man. Where's that Enryk guy when we need him. There's so many posts in here for him to down vote for +1ing phylacteries.

I've already come to the conclusion that I don't think this community is for me, so there's no need to carry on with the bullying.
    The community isn't for you because they have pointed out faults in your argument and attack them instead of you (excepting some people that also like to rib you)?

I would by no stretch of the imagination call anything here 'bullying'. Careful, you're trying to take business from somebody else's corner in that claim. :(
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • I think this thread is about artifacts. Time to get it back on track.

• AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited June 2013
    No.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    A Pen of Quickening - When penning a letter to your enemy with this modern marvel, you conceal traces of Trinitrotoluene in the ink. As your unsuspecting reader hits MORE, the letter explodes in a fiery conflagration that is sure to leave your reader ablaze with fury. Consumes 1 red shard.
  • Iniar said:
    A Pen of Quickening - When penning a letter to your enemy with this modern marvel, you conceal traces of Trinitrotoluene in the ink. As your unsuspecting reader hits MORE, the letter explodes in a fiery conflagration that is sure to leave your reader ablaze with fury. Consumes 1 red shard.
    Exploding runes.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Not really an artifact, but with the release of the new artifact packages, I was wondering if skill packages might be released.

Such as Perception and Survival transed, or a full guildskill package.

I know some people might just like getting some of the miniskills or Evasion transed right away.
  • edited July 2013
    Rusted Cookie

When eaten, the various bits of jagged, rusted metal and miniature corroded gears pressed into this otherwise delicious cookie will somehow confer instant and complete knowledge of Engineering.
  • Has this been said yet? An artifact that would increase trioxin damage.
  • If that happens, I call dibs on an artifact that just arbitrarily makes swords do more damage!
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Artifact swords already increase their damage.
  • edited July 2013

• Iluv said:
    Has this been said yet? An artifact that would increase trioxin damage.
    Achaea's version of trioxin was camus and you could buy a set of 'silver fangs' (because snakes bit people) that increased damage of sumac and camus by something like 25%. Silly things like soulcage (redemption) made it to Imperian, but silver fangs did not. No one knows why.
  • I was thinking the best thing to fix Sab/Renegade bashing would be to make trans Sabotage Garrote with a decent whip something like 28-30 dps. Don't increase pvp Garrote damage unless you want to. But I guess making Trioxin not suck would be awesome too.
  • Ahkan said:
    Iluv said:
    Has this been said yet? An artifact that would increase trioxin damage.
    Achaea's version of trioxin was camus and you could buy a set of 'silver fangs' (because snakes bit people) that increased damage of sumac and camus by something like 25%. Silly things like soulcage (redemption) made it to Imperian, but silver fangs did not. No one knows why.
    If by silly you mean awesome..
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”
  • Bathan said:
    If that happens, I call dibs on an artifact that just arbitrarily makes swords do more damage!
    Imperian should implement different edge grinds and blade geometry into the game instead of smithing. That'd be cool. Rework how swords are, because there's really no point in most of them as of now.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Rusty chains - Holds the target for a minute, allowing them to move only one room away but the same affects you too. It would have a 30 minute cool down, more than likely an auction artifact.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    edited July 2013
    You don't want that. You think you do, but you don't. Me and my masked mentals and aeon and death tarot say you really don-

DO. You really do. Make us rusty chains plz.

E: And then I read your stipulation... one room movement. Which is all you need, for anything, ever. Move, wall, gaze. Changed my mind again, straight up don't want.
  • The credit sale chains block gaze. I assume these would as well.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • edited July 2013
    Menoch said:
    You don't want that. You think you do, but you don't. Me and my masked mentals and aeon and death tarot say you really don-

DO. You really do. Make us rusty chains plz.

E: And then I read your stipulation... one room movement. Which is all you need, for anything, ever. Move, wall, gaze. Changed my mind again, straight up don't want.
    Please give me a rusty chain so I can hold people down who just run after the 2nd flick. :(

EDIT: Really, no, this idea is awful. Like most of the ideas in this thread.
  • MenochMenoch Raleigh, NC, USA
    I did that too. At first glance I was like OH SWEET THEY CAN'T RUN INDOOR TO AVOID STAR NOW HAHAHAHA then I saw the rest and said oh. Not happy OH! but oh. with a full-stop.

Yes I'm American I can use any words I please.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania
    Even though most hated the chains' existence, I miss them terribly and wish I had more, especially when people taunt you then run like a 13 year old girl from a spider they just saw.
  • IniarIniar Australia
    #fwp @Selthis - top heavy.
  • edited July 2013
    The deed bed - 500 credits

When the owner and the person invited lies on the bed, they are instantly taking to an off plane area to enjoy private roleplay

You can INVITE (PERSON) TO BED to have them join you. A message something similar to this

Waggling your eyebrows, you stroke the smooth bed sheets gently, purring out a soft moan as you whisper to (person), "Lets make this moment special"