Skip to content

June's Great Hunt

edited June 2013 in Imperial News
Don't forget about the Great Hunt this weekend! 48 crazy hours of double experience and free credits galore. Check out Announce news #2382 for the details of how you can earn 25 free credits just for doing some hunting with double experience, and the huge credit prizes for the winners of the contest.

Comments

• Achievement bonuses don't stack with the GH 2x bonus, right?
  • Correct, achievement bonuses should be disabled during the Great Hunt.
  • Almost word for word stealin my idea.  For shame Khizan, for shame!
  • It was a good idea!

"On the battlefield I am a god. I love war. The steel, the smell, the corpses. I wish there were more. On the first day I drove the Northmen back alone at the ford. Alone! On the second I carried the bridge! Me! Yesterday I climbed the Heroes! I love war! I… I wish it wasn’t over."

Just going to leave this here.
  • edited June 2013
    Khizan said:

Can we stop having these as 48 hour events? I hate the way that bashing events here are "Hell yeah! Great hunt! Time to break out my pooping socks!"

It's impossible to be competitive unless you've got the entire weekend free to bash, and that means that if you've got any kind of plans or responsibilities for the weekend, there's no point in even trying to participate in the event past the participation credits, and that's frustrating as hell.

What I'd like to see is to have the 48 hour timespan broken down into 16 separate 3 hours hunts, and divide the overall credit winnings between them. As soon as one ends, the winners would be recorded and the next hunt would automatically begin. Somebody who wants to poopsock it out could still win a huge percentage of the credits, but it wouldn't be this "What, you have other things to do on a Saturday? I guess you don't get to actually participate past your pity credits." kind of thing it is now.

I have to agree. The one time I won the Great Hunt meant scoring a grand total of 3 hours of sleep a night, eating ramen and delivery pizza, while never ever leaving the computer.

I tried to convince myself I was saving money by not buying credits, but I gotta tell you, making 4 dollars an hour grinding gold is not as an attractive offer as it seems. In the end, I didn't feel like I won, I just kinda felt like I actually moved to China to scrape a living gold farming. :(