Skip to content

Quotes

Comments

• edited June 2013
    A blinding white flame erupts over the surface of your sitara as you cut a wide swath through the
    air, sending a wave of purely destructive energy to ravage Icsellom.(16:52:30.37)
    As the wave of energy engulfs Icsellom's mortal form, only his shrieks of unmitigated agony are
    heard amidst the sound of cracking bones and ripping flesh, a resonant hum perceptible beneath the
    racket of death. The light soon fades, your eyes adjusting in time to witness This patch of garden
    is covered in a light shade, caused by a massive tree growing on the eastern edges of the glade. The
     tree appears to be of sequoia variety, with its trunk larger then a small hut. Its large roots have
     begun to erupt from the ground, twisting around each other as it continues to grow. The surface of
    the tree is anything but smooth, the grey-brown bark appearing to be very bumpy and knotted. The
    branches on the tree don't begin to sprout out until about 10 feet off the ground, explaining why
    the shade in the grove is not too considerably dark.'s remaining bones falling to dust upon the
    ground.(16:52:30.38)
    You have slain Icsellom.(16:52:30.38)

I think that tidalslash kills might be slightly buggy, guys.
    Officially a villain since 7 AM.

• Eldreth said:
    Susser has been bludgeoned to death by a recipe for a fruit platter.

Eusto's plan to insert Aleutia and Lalitana onto the throne of PK glory has been revealed.
    Lalitana's cake would in fact be an instakill, as you well know.
  • edited June 2013
    The Garden's answer to our constant whining about demonic not having any good DPS abilities..make us buy trade skills (I will assume you have creative deaths in mind for each. Before the obligatory tailoring/blouse comment comes up, I would prefer to use masonry. It's more manly)
    “We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant."
  • Eusto said:
    "No, YOU eat a sandwich!" Lalitana cries as she bludgeons you to death with a shiny silver platter.
    You have been slain by Lalitana.
    Transcending all tradeskills should definitely give Lalitana the ability to kill someone with the power of crafting. 
  • Alesud takes the corpse of Lhortae, the Lich Lord and places it in the center of the pool. Ramming an ancient bronze staff down through the center of the corpse, she stands over the pool with her hands held tightly around the weapon, holding the corpse in place.
    The wailing of thousands of souls echoes through the firmament as shadows begin to coalesce in the sky above the Nolmine Heights.

The wailing increases as the shadows begin to circle ominously over the Temple of Thanatos in the Western Nolmine Heights.

The shadows spiral down, creating a cyclone that touches down just above the Temple of Thanatos.

The whirling cyclone of shadows picks up in speed, and wind whistles all around you as the world's attention is drawn to the temple of the dead God.

The wailing reaches a frenetic pitch, as the souls clamoring for release beat against the closing of Death's Door.

As suddenly as it began, the cyclone of shadows dissipates, and the ever-present pressure of the malevolent undead fades from the world.

You feel a momentary detachment from your body as another will briefly overtakes yours.
    You high-five...nothing. You're really quite lame aren't you?

(Ring): Shou says, "Was that it?"

We then spent five minutes trying to figure out if it was really over or if something bad was waiting to happen. Rather anti-climatic, but the boss battles were fun!
  • You all should be proud that you not only got one boss down, but both! And was the first group to seal Death's door! Congratulations to all involved!
  • Silantor should've just surrendered. That poor guy had no idea who he was squaring off with. He was the upstart Baron to Lhortae's world conquering overlord.

Lhortae by far the hardest mob I've ever seen in an ire game, +1.

• Ozreas said:
    Alesud takes the corpse of Lhortae, the Lich Lord and places it in the center of the pool. Ramming an ancient bronze staff down through the center of the corpse, she stands over the pool with her hands held tightly around the weapon, holding the corpse in place.
    The wailing of thousands of souls echoes through the firmament as shadows begin to coalesce in the sky above the Nolmine Heights.

The wailing increases as the shadows begin to circle ominously over the Temple of Thanatos in the Western Nolmine Heights.

The shadows spiral down, creating a cyclone that touches down just above the Temple of Thanatos.

The whirling cyclone of shadows picks up in speed, and wind whistles all around you as the world's attention is drawn to the temple of the dead God.

The wailing reaches a frenetic pitch, as the souls clamoring for release beat against the closing of Death's Door.

As suddenly as it began, the cyclone of shadows dissipates, and the ever-present pressure of the malevolent undead fades from the world.

You feel a momentary detachment from your body as another will briefly overtakes yours.
    You high-five...nothing. You're really quite lame aren't you?

(Ring): Shou says, "Was that it?"

We then spent five minutes trying to figure out if it was really over or if something bad was waiting to happen. Rather anti-climatic, but the boss battles were fun!
    I am incredibly jealous. Stupid finals. Congratulations on your achievement! I can't believe how many hours you guys took to beat it. O.o
  • Ozreas said:

We were semi worried about people doing all the work to killthe lich and then everyone getting killed while sealing the door, and then losing all that work. So while it is still possible, we certainly kept that toned down.

• Azefel said:

are**?? :(
    You, Sir, are going to suffer for displaying my hoard of secret animals.
  • AzefelAzefel Singapore
    edited June 2013
    You throw a shard against the ground and an intimidating ghastly figure slowly emerges, almost visibly radiating a feeling of pure terror and oppression.
    An unspecified thing leaves.
  • Jeremy said:
    Ozreas said:

We were semi worried about people doing all the work to killthe lich and then everyone getting killed while sealing the door, and then losing all that work. So while it is still possible, we certainly kept that toned down.
    probably more worried about some idiot ruining it for everyone by being a huge idiot

<3 you and Jesse for hiding my idiocy from everyone, and then pointing out Septus' in an events post. NOBODY WILL KNOW HOW STUPID I AM
  • I'll know. That's what counts.
  • Using the wooden applicator, Ahkan carefully applies seductive ruby red liner to
    his eyes, before disposing of the empty glass jar.

You say to Ahkan, "You look dashing."

Saivash Sol'Anlumaire, the Dryad's Lantern says to Ahkan, "I bet women will
    throw themselves at you now."

Ahkan tilts his head coyly, awkwardly fluttering his eyes. "Doesn't it?"

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Saivash grins mischievously.
  • MathiausMathiaus Pennsylvania

Kira has been bludgeoned to death by a massive kestrel.

What was nice was she wasn't in the same room as me.

• 454/512h 476/543m 0e 0w bals:e- status:db arms: pp Kai: 0
    Seven rays of different coloured light spring out from Salish's outstretched hands, irradiating the location with blinding strobes.
    You are hit by an a yellow, blue, and blue ray.
    Damage Taken: 71 electricity (raw damage: 90)
    Damage Taken: 148 cold, mental (raw damage: 90)
    Damage Taken: 148 cold, mental (raw damage: 90)
    85/512h 476/543m 0e 0w bals:e- status:db arms: pp Kai: 0

Oww

• RNG combat, ftw.
  • edited June 2013
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Juran Acerbus (Male Ssylsin).
    (stuff)
    He is a member of the clan called 'Servitors of the Empire.'

If this wasn't already something that everyone knew, sorry for outing you. But yeah, not sure how I feel about this yet. I might actually have to acknowledge that Demonic exists again. Hrm.
  • It had to be posted at some point.
  • Dicene said:
    (stuff)

If this wasn't already something that everyone knew, sorry for outing you. But yeah, not sure how I feel about this yet. I might actually have to acknowledge that Demonic exists again. Hrm.
    Demonic doesn't exist. I don't think Juran's presence will suddenly rouse the circle from its apathetic stupor.
    <div>Message #2062&nbsp; Sent By: (imperian)&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Received On: 1/20/2018/2:59</div><div>"Antioch has filed a bounty against you. Reason: Raiding Antioch and stealing Bina, being a right</div><div>ass, and not belonging anywhere near Antioch till he grows up."</div>
  • Sarrius said:
    Dicene said:
    (stuff)

Demonic doesn't exist. I don't think Juran's presence will suddenly rouse the circle from its apathetic stupor.
    Now, I'm actually going to call you out for being three things:
    -ignorant
    -biased
    -wishy-washy (This used to be derpy)

Given that you've chased broken skills from circle to circle for something like...forever, you haven't been in the Demonic circle for years. Most of your arguments reek of the moniker of "Demon OP" circa 2006.  The quoted section here tends to conflict with other remarks you've made on these forums supporting the following:
    -Demonic's classes are the kings of the land of misfit toys (See: Affliction vs omg-damage) 
    -Stavenn has no 'role' to stick to, because every angle of demonic has been bastardized in something less than bad fan fic.
    -Outnumbered. All day, erry day.

I'm not saying that Demonic is the best right now, but I assure you that there are people who care and try hard to make a really crappy situation work (and they're not all Khandavan). There only reward is to be dumped on by retarded forum posturing and bland events that deliberately side-step any meaningful role play that relates to demonic.

• rI'm not saying that Demonic is the best right now, but I assure you that there are people who care and try hard to make a really crappy situation work (and they're not all Khandavan). There only reward is to be dumped on by retarded forum posturing and bland events that deliberately side-step any meaningful role play that relates to demonic.
    I'm actually really glad that you shared this. I have kinda felt the same way about magic since... forever. It makes me feel much better to know that were not the only faction that feels that way.
  • Kalon said:
    rI'm not saying that Demonic is the best right now, but I assure you that there are people who care and try hard to make a really crappy situation work (and they're not all Khandavan). There only reward is to be dumped on by retarded forum posturing and bland events that deliberately side-step any meaningful role play that relates to demonic.
    I'm actually really glad that you shared this. I have kinda felt the same way about magic since... forever. It makes me feel much better to know that were not the only faction that feels that way.
    As one of the folks on the receiving end of a great deal of player feedback, I have to say that this is one of the most amusing and challenging trends. Every player, for the most part, feels that his circle is being neglected or abused and that at least one of the others is favored by Garryn/Jesse/Jeremy.

Naturally, the only solution is to buff the jeebus out of all of you.
  • Game balance is pretty close right now, there are only a very small handful of things that I would change.
  • Eusto said:
    Kalon said:
    rI'm not saying that Demonic is the best right now, but I assure you that there are people who care and try hard to make a really crappy situation work (and they're not all Khandavan). There only reward is to be dumped on by retarded forum posturing and bland events that deliberately side-step any meaningful role play that relates to demonic.

I thought that's what class leads were for?

• Eusto said:
    Kalon said:
    As one of the folks on the receiving end of a great deal of player feedback, I have to say that this is one of the most amusing and challenging trends. Every player, for the most part, feels that his circle is being neglected or abused and that at least one of the others is favored by Garryn/Jesse/Jeremy.

I feel like the combat imbalance is often times exaggerated, but when it comes to Magick and Demonic complaining about the lack of a meaningful or even cohesive narrative, they're both usually spot on.
    ‘Least I won’t have to carry it no more. You see how bloody heavy it is?’

‘Every sword’s a weight to carry. Men don’t see that when they pick ’em up. But they get heavier with time.”