Skip to content

The Northern Breach

"polindus247500"          Polindus, the Outcast
at Barrels of ammunition(v18290) in the Northern Breach.

Can't figure out any keywords to activate the quest he has. Gul'Goa hints that he needs tools that will help him infiltrate the Xiur fortress thing. Assuming that he's broken, although the correct keyword could just be really, really obscure.

A Xiur overseer reaches out with a powerful hand and grabs your legs. With a single powerful squeeze you feel a bone break somewhere although the intense pain causes your senses to blackout before seeing what was damaged.
You are afflicted with crippled left leg.
You are afflicted with blackout.

All the Xiurs in the area hit with an attack that is blackout and crippled limb, although it appears that they're out of order, or GBot might have just broken the concept of a hidden break like that. If you felt like breaking back the original functionality of that attack, I guess you could mask the limb.

"rolindus148597"          Rolindus, Keeper of the Menagerie
at A circular chamber(v18310) in the Northern Breach.
<room id="18314" area="123" title="A large sandy room in the Acropolis" environment="4">

Rolindus lets you gamble for the chance to get one of four unique pets. The rarest one, the Buffalo, isn't showing up on Scout. If I'm not mistaken, he said that even if the wheel he spins lands on Buffalo, it might not get one. Not sure if it's an RNG chance for the Buffalo to spawn when the wheel lands on Buffalo, but I just wanted to check and see if it's supposed to be in the room or not. I'm likely going to throw some gold at him from time to time to see if I can get one, especially if the Buffalo can learn MOUNT and GALLOP. I think it'd be a pretty awesome pet, and I'd likely buy a Collar for it.

an ominous orc warrior at Orc kennel
There are about 15 of these and they're in a room that isn't on map.xml. Not sure if that room is some kind of holding spot with no exits that you're using for it Polindus' quest or something, or if there's something in the Prisoner Holding area that isn't working where I could normally free the Orcs or something.

Like the area though. Like having turn-ins for both Xiur and Orcs. The quest for Polindus looks like it could be pretty cool. And I actually really want that Buffalo if he's Mountable and can learn Gallop.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Polindus works, but the quest's cooldown is 1RL week.
    EDIT: The buffalo also works.
    EDIT2: Yes, those orcs are part of the Polindus quest.
    I am the righteous one... 
    the claims are stated - it's the world I've created 
  • 1RL week cooldown is ridiculous. If it's that farmable, limit it to once a RL week per player, that way I have a chance to clear it once before whoever keeps clearing it gets back to it.
  • There's a spoiler-related reason it has a cooldown. A week might be a bit long, but it needs to be at least a day.
  • I think it'd be great to have Polindus say that the quest isn't ready.
  • We can definitely add something in while he is on cool down, but both of these quests are working properly.  
  • edited May 2013
    Dicene said:
    I think it'd be great to have Polindus say that the quest isn't ready.
    If you have knowledge of the quest, you can interpret something he says to mean it isn't ready. This could perhaps be made more explicit:

You greet Polindus, the Outcast with a sincere smile.

Polindus, the Outcast looks up with a pleased look upon his face.
    Polindus, the Outcast says, "My new allies are pleased, they not only got to take down the Acropolis and free their slaves, but they were able to plunder the south."
  • Looking over this mob, I see that he has a few responses. He will tell you when he needs something. If he is not asking for something the quest is on cool down, but he should respond every time he is greeted. If he is not responding at all when greeted let us know.
  • Ah. Then it is only a problem when you've not been told of the quest before. This is what I see, it looks at first like you just need to find the right keyword.

You say, "Help."
    Polindus, the Outcast says, "I have detailed plans of the fortress and shall bring it down with engines of war."
    Polindus, the Outcast says, "Then my Orc allies shall raid the fortress and vengeance will be mine."

I guess other than that, most of my confusion was related to Polindus' quest. Also, I didn't want to throw a lot of gold at Rolindus if I wasn't sure that Buffalo was actually obtainable. Guess that's all I had for this area.